As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Your secret shame...

1234568»

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    cptrugged, next year you should sign up for our Secret Santa and give away some copies of Brother Man.

Robos A Go Go on
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I CAN'T!! Those are going to worth a cool grand each someday! I mean.. they were revolutionary. Even printed in a non-conformist size so it won't fit in normal mylars. o_O

cptrugged on
  • firemanfredfiremanfred Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I bought the first 30 or so issues of Spawn back in the day, and sent in UPC's to get some of the limited edition red action figures. I still have all of those packed neatly away and unopened, and have recently started my journey to a complete Spawn collection. Hard to believe there are so many Spawn haters out there, after growing up since the comic started I'd think there'd be more reason to like him now than when I got that first issue when I was 12. So far, he is still awesome and the art kicks ass.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
    Spaceships are better than relationships
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I bought the first 30 or so issues of Spawn back in the day, and sent in UPC's to get some of the limited edition red action figures. I still have all of those packed neatly away and unopened, and have recently started my journey to a complete Spawn collection. Hard to believe there are so many Spawn haters out there, after growing up since the comic started I'd think there'd be more reason to like him now than when I got that first issue when I was 12. So far, he is still awesome and the art kicks ass.

So your secret shame is a crippling inability to feel shame.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Greg Capullo is a good artist though, I give him that.

TexiKen on
  • FeathersMcGrawFeathersMcGraw Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My (no longer) secret shame is that I buy a ton of comics every month, then put the issues into stacks that sit untouched for years. I read a couple years of Avengers a month or so back, and think I managed to catch up to the beginning of Dark Reign. I still haven't read anything related to Blackest Night yet.

Also, I'm really fond of Cloak and Dagger.

FeathersMcGraw on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nowt' wrong with Cloak and Dagger lad.

Solar on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I'm curious, why do you buy all these comics if not to read them?

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • FeathersMcGrawFeathersMcGraw Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Virral wrote: »

Mainly inertia. I've been a collector since my early teens, but since I'm buying a lot fewer series from the big 2 than I used to, a lot of the continuity eludes me, which makes the stories either less interesting or downright incomprehensible.

There are a few titles (mostly independents) that I still follow on a monthly (or whenever they show up) basis: Echo, Rasl, Kurt Busiek's Astro City, the new Grimjack, Phonogram, Agents of Atlas, Hellboy and pretty much all of its spinoffs. If I was smart, I'd drop my subscriptions and just go to graphic-novel only reading, but it's tough contemplating cutting the umbilical with my LCS. I still love comics, but I guess I've outgrown the mainstream portion of the medium.

FeathersMcGraw on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My secret shame is GV.

DouglasDanger on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My secret shame is that I really want this shirt.

Munch on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    there is nothing shameful about that munch

buy the shit out of that shirt

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • GreyHunter316GreyHunter316 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I guess it's comic related due to whats on them, one of my shames is that when it comes to shirts and hats, Hot Topic is one of my first stops, when I get to the mall.
    at least I haven't worn trip pants since freshmen year.

GreyHunter316 on
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Mainly inertia. I've been a collector since my early teens, but since I'm buying a lot fewer series from the big 2 than I used to, a lot of the continuity eludes me, which makes the stories either less interesting or downright incomprehensible.

Funny, I've become the exact opposite. I've been trying to work out a deal with a local comic shop to be able to sit down and read the books without having to keep them. Something where I give them alittle money just to read it and they can just keep it. I just don't want to have the paper sitting around my house. I know I could download them, but I still want to support my local brick and mortar store. Guess I could just throw em out, but then that seems like such a waste.

cptrugged on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Munch wrote: »

I wish it was an Arnim Zola shirt, even though that would make me a Nazi for wearing it.

Robos A Go Go on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

I wish it was an Arnim Zola shirt, even though that would make me a Nazi for wearing it.

No, just a collaborator.

DouglasDanger on
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    cptrugged wrote: »

Funny, I've become the exact opposite. I've been trying to work out a deal with a local comic shop to be able to sit down and read the books without having to keep them. Something where I give them alittle money just to read it and they can just keep it. I just don't want to have the paper sitting around my house. I know I could download them, but I still want to support my local brick and mortar store. Guess I could just throw em out, but then that seems like such a waste.

I mean... could I recommend sending them to deployed troops? Let me tell you, they would love you for it.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I own some very terrible runs of Captain America from the 80's and 90's. Ugh they are terrible.

Also I have a full sized shield.

Part of me wants to hang it on the wall, another part of me wants to slap me in the face for that.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

No, just a collaborator.

More like a collarborator.

(That pun doesn't work because it's a collarless shirt.)

Yeah, when I was looking at the shirt, I thought it'd be great if they made shirts of all the other face-on-chest characters (Arnim Zola and Sugar Man are the two who spring to mind; are there any others?)

Delduwath on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    MODAM

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    I own some very terrible runs of Captain America from the 80's and 90's. Ugh they are terrible.

Part of me wants to hang it on the wall, another part of me wants to slap me in the face for that.

If you're ashamed of them, then you should give them to me. Or at least sell them to me. I collect everything Captain. PM me.

Hensler on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »

If you're ashamed of them, then you should give them to me. Or at least sell them to me. I collect everything Captain. PM me.

Actually, I'll PM you too. I'm pretty sure my dad and I have a full run of Cap from... well, a while.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.