As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Elements of [chat]

PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
Elements_of_Style_cover.jpg

get good grammar, bitches

a6495dd50a81c5e5932744f5051434d414f4541.jpg

0192813897.01._SX140_SY225_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

41P5BV9RM0L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
9pr1GIh.jpg?1
Podly on

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, have that one, too.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    I think I might change my major to chemistry

Anything that might keep me from getting classed to 18D when I eventually go that route

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hello, [chat]!

James on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Also, a College Degree in English rarely requires even basic comprehension of the English Language, and instead hinges upon mastery of turning anything into a symbol for male oppression or latent homosexuality.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    My English courses were professors showing off what they wrote and spending absurd time going over certain imagery they thought was great in works. All of my English and Writing professors were pretty laid back. I got A's in all of the courses without doing dick until the day before it was due.

Thanks, extremely expensive college.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    Man The Last Remnant really sucks. It's just puzzlingly bad. It's like squeenix had a contractual obligation to create a "game" with "role playing" and "tactical" elements for Microsoft and churned out this title through nothing but the power of passive aggression.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Res wrote: »

Anything that might keep me from getting classed to 18D when I eventually go that route

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to go 18D. They're practically qualified as PAs. I wanted to be an 18E when I was in (or a Combat Controller). If you want to go SF, then you might not want to be an officer. They can only spend a limited amount of time in SF. To circumvent this rule, most officers go warrant.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    Macadamia nuts on the other hand are delicious. About a zillion calories per though. Like I need that.

Jeez I am tired and am going to sleep. Had fun hanging out with Pods and Eddy tonight.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Just so long as you had fun

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    yeah, I think that macadamia nuts are the highest naturally occurring caloric food on earth

and, yes, will, good times.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Just so long as you had fun

I had fun in high school, too, and it didn't cost a shitton. Colleges are expensive daycare centers. You take all kinds of pointless electives. For what reason? Do they honestly think everybody that graduates is a "well-rounded individual" because they were forced to take 60 credit hours of stuff they don't give a shit about in reality? It's something I rage about from time to time.

Most of what I learned at college I learned by working for the daily paper there. The classes themselves were tedious. They were busywork. They were the thing that got me up during the day and forced me to buy books and use the library.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Taranis wrote: »

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to go 18D. They're practically qualified as PAs. I wanted to be an 18E when I was in (or a Combat Controller). If you want to go SF, then you might not want to be an officer. They can only spend a limited amount of time in SF. To circumvent this rule, most officers go warrant.

I want 18C. I'm not interested in becoming a PA. I picked up 68W for the emergency trauma experience. It seemed like a good tool to have in my belt, and I knew I'd still have high physical fitness standards and still receive a decent amount of combat training.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    And no, I don't want to be an officer period. My stepfather was an army officer until recently. I've seen what the officer side is like, and I prefer enlisted. It just suits me better.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    it was a ton of fun!

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ancient texts rock but they tend to be wrong.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    And thvs he said vnto his officers: fvck that gvy, he is a dick. And thvs they fvcked him vigorovsly and he was all, dvdes, I didn't mean literally. Then Jesvs was all bvtthvrt abovt it and he was all yov gays will pay for this, I swear it.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Grammar [chat] is fun [chat].

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Language is like music. There is no substitute for a good ear.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    James, I think I'm officially not returning to WoW.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This Cucumber soda is odd. Pleasant, but in that 'ok, it's a new thing that I won't have again' kind of way.

I liked the Lemongrass and Lavender varieties better. I have yet to try the other ones.

The Kumquat one looks good, but I think I should try the actual fruit before I try the soda.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    This Cucumber soda is odd. Pleasant, but in that 'ok, it's a new thing that I won't have again' kind of way.

I liked the Lemongrass and Lavender varieties better. I have yet to try the other ones.

The Kumquat one looks good, but I think I should try the actual fruit before I try the soda.
    Oh, I tried that soda once.

Not sweet enough for me. I really dislike bitter carbonated drinks for some reason.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    A few of those would be perfect for mixed drinks.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I just whacked wow after paying but not playing for a while.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Alright, I must go to bed. Night, [chat]

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Nite Pods.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Not sweet enough for me. I really dislike bitter carbonated drinks for some reason.

None of them strike me as bitter, just not sweet. To me they taste like their flavoring, in some cases more subtly than others. The Lemongrass is stronger than the Cucumber. Which flavor did you try? IIRC, they make a Rhubarb one, which is a rather tart and bitter plant, as is the Kumquat.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I can't remember the last time I was this drunk. I fear the morrow.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hmm...I wonder if they sell that dry soda in the UK anywhere. It might actually be a fizzy drink I would like.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I like bitterish better than straight sweet. There is some weird Italian drink called Chinotto or something that I quite enjoy.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    edited December 2009
    James, I think I'm officially not returning to WoW.

Hooray!

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Someone name a good game I should play while drunk! GO!

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Hmm...I wonder if they sell that dry soda in the UK anywhere. It might actually be a fizzy drink I would like.

If you want something fizzy with flavor that isn't too sweet (the Dry one's aren't sweet at all) I'd recommend it. I also tend to buy my favorite fresh juices and mix them with club soda to make fizzy-flavors.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »

Pin the tail on the cell phone

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Desktop Tower Defense
    Diablo 2

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    edited December 2009

Pin the tail on the cell phone

I...

huh?

Nocturne on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Higher or Lower?

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Desktop Tower Defense
    Diablo 2

Related to your second suggestion, I was leaning towards Torchlight. I think I may do that.

I've been diggin Demon's Souls lately, but that's not really a good game to play while drunk.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Drunk Chess is fun with live opponents but sucks online.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    edited December 2009

Desktop Tower Defense
    Diablo 2

Or Bloons.

Basically any Tower Defense game is good. :^:

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

None of them strike me as bitter, just not sweet. To me they taste like their flavoring, in some cases more subtly than others. The Lemongrass is stronger than the Cucumber. Which flavor did you try? IIRC, they make a Rhubarb one, which is a rather tart and bitter plant, as is the Kumquat.
    I tried Lavender.

"Not sweet" is bad enough, I guess. I have a really low tolerance for not-sweet-ness in carbonated beverages.

Which is weird, because I drink coffee black and I like certain teas which are undoubtedly bitter. But I can't do soda water, and tonic is just barely sweet enough for me to drink.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.