As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fuck Gobots and Transmorphers, this thread is about Transformers [NSF56k]

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well, let's see.

There aren't a lot of ongoing Fort Max auctions, but here's and ongoing auction just for Cerebros that's currently at $133. As for completed auctions, which not everyone might be able to view, Here's a Spike that finished up at $100 shipped. Here's a 100% complete, very white Fort Max that went for $999. Here's a more comparable one. It's missing more guns than the one I'm looking at but it might be whiter and it has stickers applied, finished for about $380 shipped. One with only a gun and no headmasters that went for like $240. 100% complete for $900. Near complete for $840. Only one gun and Cerebros, $420.

So I'd say it's a pretty fair deal. Right now I guess I'm just waiting on the better pictures of it. I mean, I can get another set of City Commander armor eventually. Hell, I could just order it from BBTS right now if I wanted to, put it on my card and not have to pay for another month. But I can wait.

I would be interested in knowing what the comic store wants for their Fort Max, and how complete it is, Reigner. I know a local shop around here was selling a Scorponok in box for like $250 awhile ago. Doubt they still have that though. Need to get me one of those eventually as well.

Schide on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm heading there in about 15 minutes, I'll post from my phone with it's price.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ya know what schide, you have fun with that trade. The Fort Max at the comic shop is a whopping 2 grand. Though he is MISB.

I did pick up classics prime starscream and ramjet at that same shop for 35. So not a total loss.

Reigner on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Reigner wrote: »
    Ya know what schide, you have fun with that trade. The Fort Max at the comic shop is a whopping 2 grand. Though he is MISB.

I did pick up classics prime starscream and ramjet at that same shop for 35. So not a total loss.

Yeah, that's about what I'd expect an MISB one to cost. Sounds like a good deal on the Classics though.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah I'm thinking of heading back this weekend if they are still having their 50% off figures sale and picking up Classics Grimlock, Megatron, and Astrotrain.

This comic shop is packed to the brim with old TF toys though. Classics, overpriced MISB G1 nostalgia, Beast Wars/machines (the most expensive being a Transmetals Prime for 100), RiD, Unicron Trilogy and even a few Universe 1.0.

The guy even had stuff in the back so I'll have to check if he has RiD Prime and pick him up.

Reigner on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ...I wanna go.

I did get the Fearswoop pack today on clearance. He's all right. The mold still isn't that great, but he does look pretty good in plane mode with those colors. That Wal Mart also had the universe Ultra exclusives for half off. They didn't have a Powerglide or else I probably would have bought one. No NEST figures anywhere yet though.

Schide on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wal-Mart's putting Fearswoop packs on clearance? Hmmm ... that would give me a scout Twin ... and an smaller Sideswipe (Mini Sideswipe!).

Maybe.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am so angry that none of the stores I've checked around my have Bludgeon

I WANT BLUDGEON

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The RiD Prime (fire truck) and Ultra Magnus (car carrier) are the ones that combine, right? If so, I have that in storage barely touched. Is is worth much to anyone here? I don't care about it, but I have been trying in vain to get some of the Animated toys and would love a trade. Same goes if some wants some Disgaea figures from Japan.

Iloveslimes on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Depends what Animated figures you want.

I can get you Oil Slick upon Oil Slick upon Oil Slick, maybe a few Dinobots and Voyager Shockwaves.

Oh and the new Jazz/Soundwaves

Reigner on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Omega_Prime_toy.jpg
    Glorious

Antimatter on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    RiD may have been a craptacular toon, but it resulted in some damn fine toys.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oil Slick is a cool figure.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I still think if he had shown up sooner in Animated, and had a bigger part he wouldn't have shelfwarmed so bad

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I love my Oil Slick, I really do wish he could have had more than a cameo in Animated

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    1231910226045.png

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Q: Word on the street is that Universe will return in 2010, with more G1-flavored toys. However, we were wondering if it might be like the last range, which also included newly molded toys of existing characters from Beast Wars (Dinobot, Cheetor) and Armada (Hot Shot). Can we expect the line to continue in that direction, perhaps with more Beast Wars, a Beast Machines character, or someone from another era of robots in disguises?

A: Overall, we do not have any hard and fast rules when it comes to the Universe/Classics line. It is not limited to any specific era of Transformers, as we see every character as part of the entire Universe. As a result, we make a lot of our decisions based off of characters and current themes. Unfortunately, if and when we do decide revisit the "Universe" line (wink, wink) we do not have any plans to revisit the Beast Wars or Beast Machines characters at this point in time.
    :(

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    That kind of ruins the whole point of 'Transformers Universe' for me.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I just want a new Side Burn, is that too much to ask?

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    But Side Burn was in RiD, so...

Schide on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    RID has been ignored worse than the Beast Era, is all I'm saying

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    As much a fan I am of Beast Wars I think Im ok with them not making new Universe toys if them. Dinobot was awesome, Cheetor was an abomination. I have a feeling that any future toys will tread that line.

Now, Universe Soundwave, Shockwave and more Animated Toys under the Universe line I can get behind.

Reigner on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That kind of ruins the whole point of 'Transformers Universe' for me.

Hey, it's called Universe, not Multiverse.

I picked up original-mold Animated!Lockdown (so I could get his hook), Animated!Ratchet (for the sheer joy of "Lockdown's" blaster weapon being switchable), and Animated!Snarl (because dinosaurs are awesome, and he looks pretty solid).

Question: I already have normal Sideswipe. Is Human Alliance Sideswipe all that awesome? I mean, sure, he looks like the tits, but is it really worth $50CAN?

Shadowen on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    No.

His backpack is way too much and his poseability is limited do to dumb design decisions.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I found myself a Recon Ironhide and a Bludgeon!

Bludgeon is awesome as to be expected. And Ironhide is a very satisfying retool of the original. The back kibble is much more solid, doesnt fall of mid-transformation, and the foot automorph doesnt stick as much.

A solid $40 spent

Reigner on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Anyone know when Animated Rodimus Major comes out?

I need to balance out my Autobots and Decepticons

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    not for a while yet
    March, I believe

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah! I found a Bludgeon and a Dirge at a local Wal Mart. One of the same Wal Marts that never ever had Long Haul. Whatever.

happy birthday for me.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Still can't seem to find the NEST Deluxes. Well I suppose that's not true, I have seen about half a dozen Tuner Mudflaps mocking me from the store shelves.

In other news I absolutely love Recon Ironhide, he is such a better mold than the predecessors. It's a lot of subtle differences that come together to make a much more solid toy. I wish that I wanted the first release Ironhide from the ROTF, he has the old crappy mold but I want his weapons to further beef up Recon.

Reigner on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    dammit other people quit finding bludgeons until I find mine

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Still can't seem to find the NEST Deluxes. Well I suppose that's not true, I have seen about half a dozen Tuner Mudflaps mocking me from the store shelves.

In other news I absolutely love Recon Ironhide, he is such a better mold than the predecessors. It's a lot of subtle differences that come together to make a much more solid toy. I wish that I wanted the first release Ironhide from the ROTF, he has the old crappy mold but I want his weapons to further beef up Recon.

Hmm...maybe I will pick up a Recon Ironhide after all. That's a good idea using the first Ironhide's weapons to make the new, better one a more effective killing machine.

Also find Dirge as fast as you can. I liked what I saw in pictures but in person he is just so good. Great colors, awesome transformation, articulation, everything you could ask for. I'm pretty sure that Dirge and Bludgeon are my favorites from their respective size classes so far.

Schide on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    saw dirge and armorhide today along with mudflap

they're neat looking I guess

kinda done with movie stuff, except for bludgeon

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Schide wrote: »

Hmm...maybe I will pick up a Recon Ironhide after all. That's a good idea using the first Ironhide's weapons to make the new, better one a more effective killing machine.

Also find Dirge as fast as you can. I liked what I saw in pictures but in person he is just so good. Great colors, awesome transformation, articulation, everything you could ask for. I'm pretty sure that Dirge and Bludgeon are my favorites from their respective size classes so far.

Yeah I've been toying around with the weapons from the '07 Movie Ironhide and it just doesn't feel the same, he needs those trailer guns that the grey one has.

Buuut it all balances out though because you see, Ironhide and Bludgeon had a fight, Ironhide won (excuse the shittacular image quality of taking a photo with my camcorder)
    30djtbs.jpg

Reigner on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hell of a bayonet.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh wait, you said first release RotF, not first movie release. Well, I'm not buying one of those, but I did just pick up a Recon Ironhide. I'll check him out in a bit.

In other news, apparently Marshall's are now getting in those universe Special Edition deluxes. You know the recolored Prime and Megatron and Dragstrip and Overkill, for $10 each. TJ Maxx may very well end up getting them too. I'll have to keep checking because I never got any of them originally.

In unrelated to TF but not really caring enough to post anywhere else news, the first two "remastered" MMPR episodes aired today. I watched the first one, and it was, um, bad. Very, very bad. And not only because of the photoshop stupidity, I just forgot how bad of a show it was.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Really? I've been wanting Dragstrip, so looks like a trip to Marshalls is in my future.

Reigner on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh wait, you said first release RotF, not first movie release. Well, I'm not buying one of those, but I did just pick up a Recon Ironhide. I'll check him out in a bit.

In other news, apparently Marshall's are now getting in those universe Special Edition deluxes. You know the recolored Prime and Megatron and Dragstrip and Overkill, for $10 each. TJ Maxx may very well end up getting them too. I'll have to keep checking because I never got any of them originally.

In unrelated to TF but not really caring enough to post anywhere else news, the first two "remastered" MMPR episodes aired today. I watched the first one, and it was, um, bad. Very, very bad. And not only because of the photoshop stupidity, I just forgot how bad of a show it was.

So is it the same old episodes but 'higher quality' video and shit?

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    edited January 2010

So is it the same old episodes but 'higher quality' video and shit?

"And shit", yeah.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So just in case we missed him in 07 both times, or as this years Preview figure, or later with added Canons, or just recently with a tiny man added, or the previous times they've released him at a huge size and pricepoint, we now know that the fifth leader figure will be none other than.....

.....Bumblebee

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/fifth-revenge-of-the-fallen-leader-class-mold-revealed-to-be-bumblebee-168965/

...woo

Reigner on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    to be fair, it looks like a pretty good toy
    I'd prefer something else, but bumblebee sells, doesn't he

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif