As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Color Wheel game over. Blue, Purple, and Black win.

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    OK, I'm ready to go blood crazy on your asses.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    Don't you ever change, Lemming.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    LoxxLoxx Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ah what the hell, I might as well sign up! :D

Loxx on
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    !sign up if there is still room.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    What feedback, if any, do converters get on the success or failure of their conversion attempts?

Mainly curious about what they learn when they attempt to pigment a player being protected by the white converter, and attempting to add a pigment to a player that already has that pigment.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    In a similar vein, what feedback, if any, do players get when their action doesn't go off as expected (if they were manipulated or redirected)?

Darian on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    And for that matter, what feedback, if any, do players get if they turn the up the Volume and Gain all the way on practice amps?

Rend on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Rend wrote: »
    And for that matter, what feedback, if any, do players get if they turn the up the Volume and Gain all the way on practice amps?

o_O

:lol:

Darian on
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Well that depends, are we talking an active or passive instrument here? And what kind of amp?

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Typhus733 wrote: »

Well that depends, are we talking an active or passive instrument here? And what kind of amp?

If you vig an electric guitar in the forest and nobody's around, can a guardian save it?

Rend on
  • Options
    LoxxLoxx Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

turn-the-volume-up-to-11.jpg

Loxx on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

If you vig an electric guitar in the forest and nobody's around, can a guardian save it?

Now is hardly the time to fret over such things.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    While we're asking for clarifications, what happens in the case of a tie, for the seven elimination methods based on !votes and !targets? Also, What happens if someone is !targeted by multiple Color Manipulators of different types? (i.e. if someone is !targeted by a red and a yellow manipulator, then does their !target and !vote act as if they were orange?)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    As far as ties go, it's first to the top dies:
    OP wrote:
    Ties are broken such that the player who received the "winning" number of elimination votes earliest in the day will be voted off. For someone else to take the lead later in the day they need to have at least one more vote added to them over the previous vote leader. The timing of the protector role is ignored for tiebreakers, only the timing of the latest positive elimination vote is considered.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Newbies filled with hope.

Hahaha.

Burnage on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Burnage wrote: »

Hahaha.

Always good to have a fresh supply - you've drained most of us already.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    shalmelo wrote: »

Hahaha.

ivan_drago.51164333.jpg

I think you know what this means.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Homing Missiles.

Rend on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    What feedback, if any, do converters get on the success or failure of their conversion attempts?

Mainly curious about what they learn when they attempt to pigment a player being protected by the white converter, and attempting to add a pigment to a player that already has that pigment.
    Darian wrote: »
    In a similar vein, what feedback, if any, do players get when their action doesn't go off as expected (if they were manipulated or redirected)?

As is said in the rules, if there is no feedback specified in the particular role, then no feedback will be given. So in these examples, you will never be told about how successful or not conversion attempts were, and you will never be told directly if you were manipulated or redirected. For the roles that do get feedback it is vague enough that you cannot be certain if you were manipulated in some way.

It's supposed to be a bit of a guessing game due to the fact that you can see if anyone is targeting you or not with the public targets. No one targeting you means that you know you haven't been screwed with, but if someone is you can't be sure either way.
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    While we're asking for clarifications, what happens in the case of a tie, for the seven elimination methods based on !votes and !targets? Also, What happens if someone is !targeted by multiple Color Manipulators of different types? (i.e. if someone is !targeted by a red and a yellow manipulator, then does their !target and !vote act as if they were orange?)

As is stated in the elimination section of the rules, ties are broken such that the person who had the last action that added positive numbers of votes to them earlier than the last action that added positive numbers of votes to anyone they are tied with gets voted off. Stated simply, whoever gets the most votes earliest in the day gets the axe. So, for example, if it is down to two players then whoever draws first and votes the other one off first will kill the other. A single player can also be killed by multiple colors if they win the votes for multiple colors, and all the colors killing a player will be listed in the narration.

If someone is !targeted by multiple color manipulators then the target's color is manipulated to the color of the manipulator who set their target to them earliest in the day.

The point of these timing rules is to create a potential cost for shenanigans and switching your target around a lot.

Savant on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    shalmelo wrote: »

Hahaha.

Tonight's Top Story: Phalla players, nice people or internet vampires? We have our experts' thoughts on this matter later after Cute Kittens Eat Man Alive Show.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nooooooooo! My hope and springtime youth! It is being slowly sucked away into the deep, dark abyss of Phalla.

CURSE YOU

CURSE YOU TO THE BOTTOMLESS PITS OF HELL

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Tonight's Top Story: Phalla players, nice people or internet vampires? We have our experts' thoughts on this matter later after Cute Kittens Eat Man Alive Show.
    I love that show!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    kime wrote: »
    I love that show!

I have the official CKEMA coffee mug at home.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    @Zell: ppppfffffttttt! :P Nope! Happyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

@Zandy: You need to stop talking like that. It's freaking me out.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    are we going to wait for 60?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think so.

Cuase I think without 60, poor savant's balance gets tossed out.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I was looking at the possibility of 50, but I'm a bit uncomfortable with the balancing on it. In particular the eliminator roles were bugging me a bit since black will have a lot of them and I'll either have to take them from White or one of the two from each primary color. And I don't see a good combination of roles for Black that does not include 3 eliminators.

Savant on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Savant wrote: »
    I was looking at the possibility of 50, but I'm a bit uncomfortable with the balancing on it. In particular the eliminator roles were bugging me a bit since black will have a lot of them and I'll either have to take them from White or one of the two from each primary color. And I don't see a good combination of roles for Black that does not include 3 eliminators.

I was thinking that removing White Eliminators wouldn't be too bad when I was constructing a 50-player scheme. My gut thought was, for 50 players, to remove: White Eliminator (Purple), White Eliminator (Orange), White Eliminator (Green), White Color Seer, White Redirector, White Joker, Red Mimic, Blue Mimic, Yellow Mimic, Black Protector. Though it does unbalance the number of players with each role, it does keep the ratio of starting colors the same (30 white, 5 each of red, blue, yellow, and black).

An alternative approach would be to remove one white from each ability, though it doesn't really treat the white players' ability to achieve their win condition that well...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Savant wrote: »

I was thinking that removing White Eliminators wouldn't be too bad when I was constructing a 50-player scheme. My gut thought was, for 50 players, to remove: White Eliminator (Purple), White Eliminator (Orange), White Eliminator (Green), White Color Seer, White Redirector, White Joker, Red Mimic, Blue Mimic, Yellow Mimic, Black Protector. Though it does unbalance the number of players with each role, it does keep the ratio of starting colors the same (30 white, 5 each of red, blue, yellow, and black).

An alternative approach would be to remove one white from each ability, though it doesn't really treat the white players' ability to achieve their win condition that well...

Well, if I do rebalance for 50 players I think I'll just remove 1 player of each role type and reduce the size of the non-white factions by 1 each.

I could remove the eliminators from black and give them more redirectors/protectors to make them more defensive and manipulative; I'm a bit uncomfortable about giving Black a mimic when they would be networked with a converter, and a color manipulator would be sorta sucky for Black. I'd still have to take something away from the primary colors then. Which would come out of one of their seers, manipulators, or mimics and give the surplus to White.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

@Zandy: You need to stop talking like that. It's freaking me out.

Yeah. That'll make him stop.

shalmelo on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Hahaha.

A game about colors; there is nothing more enticing to newbies.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    and make vets paranoid.

You hush up, Shal.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    and make vets paranoid.

You hush up, Shal.

I would not consider myself paranoid... just perpetually cautious!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    and make vets paranoid.

You hush up, Shal.

Why don't you come over here and make me, hmm?

shalmelo on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    and make vets paranoid.

You hush up, Shal.

I would not consider myself paranoid... just perpetually cautious!

Cautious? Hah! Kick caution to the curb and cut through the mafia with the TRUTH!

Zandracon on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    For some reason I've come up with a good way to describe Zandracon. He is the Carnage to B:L's Venom.

Egos on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    For some reason I've come up with a good way to describe Zandracon. He is the Carnage to B:L's Venom.

Don't be silly, B:L can't be Venom; B:L is never evil, after all.
    B:L is always evil, it's just that sometimes his role disagrees.

Burnage on
  • Options
    IAmSquishyIAmSquishy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm trying to get TNB into this one, hes not answering his texts >.<

IAmSquishy on
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I love how much of an impression a game of Phalla leaves on me in regards to the other players in a game. For example, I *still* see several of you in the same light as was revealed in that Warhammer phalla, what, a year ago?

I'll never trust cj iwakura or lonelyahava completely, no matter what, because of that game.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Man it's a good thing nobody ever spontaneously convinced the village to side with the mafia against the specials. That seems like something you'd remember, heh.

...Good thing that never happened.

Rend on
This discussion has been closed.