As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

christmas in the ER (gross pictures on page 11)

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It wasn't a friend, it was an elderly woman just walking out on the street.

She later tried to give you a $10 as a reward, and you kept telling her you couldn't take it, but she insisted, so finally you awkwardly took it from her, but you felt so bad on the way home that you stopped at one of those Santas who are raising money for charity (did I mention it was Christmas?) and put it in their container.

SmokeStacks on
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    One time my head opened up because a chair fell on it. So that was something.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I was in a car accident when I was 4. Didn't have my seatbelt on and went throught the windshield.

I have some nice n' big scars on my head and knee still.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    an actual windshield-boy!

i saved my cousin from going through the windshield once. i was in a van with my aunt's children up in utah, and my cousin wouldn't sit down and buckle up. i got impatient and pushed her into her seat, and clicked the seat belt. as i was turning back to face front in my seat we were hit, it was a 4 car accident. i got taken to the hospital because i hit my head really hard on the window as i was turning back and they were afraid i had some sort of internal damage (i was ok).

buckle up kiddos.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    McCly, why the fuck didn't the adult driving you make sure you were buckled up?

UnbrokenEva on
    edited December 2009
    Fearghaill wrote: »

shitty grandmother.

this was during my parents divorce and custody battle over me.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    McCly wrote: »

shitty grandmother.

this was during my parents divorce and custody battle over me.

Wonderful. That sucks, dude.

Worst my grandmother did was get my the skin on my throat caught in a zipper doing up my snowsuit.

That's a fun scar to explain.

UnbrokenEva on
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    When I was really young I fell out of the bed and broke my collarbone

Only bone I've ever broken

DrIanMalcolm on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    A few years back I accidentally cut off one of my father's fingers with an axe. Well, cut is probably too clean a term and it was a woodsplitter rather than an axe. Cut/Crush would be more accurate. And damaged the finger next to it rather badly too.

We were cutting firewood for my grandmother who was ill at the time. And were kind of getting bored with the whole thing and tried to speed it up a bit. But we did so in the dumbest, most stupid possible way. My father put the pieces of wood on the chopping block and I chopped them. Unfortunately, my father decided to readjust a piece of wood so he went to grab it. Double unfortunately I had already started swinging the axe, which came down on his hand. Although luckily the angle meant it mostly only hit one finger, cutting another a little and smashing a third a bit. He had a pair of gloves on at the time so we were thankfully spared any horrific images being burned into our minds. Well, until we got to hospital and they removed the glove.

So now my father only has 4 fingers and a stump on one hand, with one of those fingers having limited mobility (although it has since improved well). The funny part is that this is the same hand that he once cut the tip of one of his other fingers off with a table saw (not as bad as it sounds, didn't look much worse than the photos on page 11, probably less so), but also shortly beforehand he managed to misplace his wedding ring, much to my mother's annoyance. But I guess he gets a free pass when he no longer has the finger to put it on.

-SPI- on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Stale wrote: »
    and I never exploded

There's video of you watching Camilla Saulsbury that begs to differ.

Aneurhythmia on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I never wore a seatbelt until I was well into my teens.

There was a time when it wasn't illegal, and wasn't common.

Hell, as a little toddler, my parents took out the backset of our Jeep CJ7, laid down a blanket, and I just rolled around back there.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Welp, I guess it's conclusive.

Not wearing your seatbelt gives you cancer and a bitchy ex-wife.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fletcher wrote: »
    i was a caesarean birth and the doctor cut me while getting me out!

big old scar next to my left eye, thanks doc

you could pretend to be a pirate

Monkey_D_Luffy.jpg

Centipede Damascus on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    get your anime outta here

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    When I was little kid I had to ride in the back of one of these

287699547_9e266cb41f.jpg

Weaver on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That seems patently unsafe

but I guess I rode in the back of my dad's pick-up truck all the time. Even sat on the wheel thing where I probably could have been thrown off with a bump

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    everyonegetsone.png

Centipede Damascus on
    edited December 2009
    wait, that's not a customized truck?

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Stale and Weaver, have you conisdered the possibility that your parents were trying to kill you, but wanted it to look like an accident?

UnbrokenEva on
    edited December 2009
    Weaver wrote: »

287699547_9e266cb41f.jpg

B
    R
    A
    T

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
    edited December 2009
    I was about to do that ^^^

:D

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
    edited December 2009
    great minds

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Those seats in the back had seatbelts. I was just horribly embarrassing. Sitting at the stop light, trying not to make eye contact with the people in the car behind you. Or hey, surprise rain showers.

Weaver on
    edited December 2009
    To be fair, the people inside the brat were likely as embarassed as you were.

UnbrokenEva on
    edited December 2009
    My friend's parents' van had rear-facing seats on the very back row.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • bongibongi regular
    edited December 2009
    neville wrote: »
    Veretas wrote: »
    ouch

that is definitely worse that when I exploded my pinky tip in Neville's door

:winky:

NO THANK YOU

I'm more of a Bongi guy anyways

First time I ever saw one of Bongi's posts it was the one where he was complaining that he just burped and it tasted like semen.

I remember that post

One of my best

bongi on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Those seats in the back had seatbelts. I was just horribly embarrassing. Sitting at the stop light, trying not to make eye contact with the people in the car behind you. Or hey, surprise rain showers.

man I pulled up behind a truck that had some dudes in the bed and I was pissed cause I wanted to sing Africa by Toto really loud so I just glared at them

this is really hard to do when Africa by Toto is on the radio

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Stale and Weaver, have you conisdered the possibility that your parents were trying to kill you, but wanted it to look like an accident?

never owned a child-seat

never owned a helmet for my bike

never had pads, or straps, or any of this pussified safety-first bullshit

and Gosh, generations upon generations of people grew up just fine. All we do now is coddle these kids. a few head injuries and a death or two keep shit in balance.

natural selection.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • bongibongi regular
    edited December 2009
    if anything, the parents that force kids to wear helmets are probably worse, because those helmets look so dorky

bongi on
    edited December 2009
    don't worry bongi, most of the kids ditch the helmets once they are out of view of their parents.

or they wear them with the snaps just fucking hanging down their cheeks like a bunch of idiots. if you are already wearing the goddamn thing SNAP THE SNAPS YOU IDIOT.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
    edited December 2009
    Stale wrote: »

never owned a child-seat

never owned a helmet for my bike

never had pads, or straps, or any of this pussified safety-first bullshit

and Gosh, generations upon generations of people grew up just fine. All we do now is coddle these kids. a few head injuries and a death or two keep shit in balance.

natural selection.

I tried to come up with a smartass response to this, but I can't figure out if you're a living example of natural selection working, or failing spectacularly.

UnbrokenEva on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    he has a point

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    "grew up just fine" being dying before they were 40

Meissnerd on
    edited December 2009
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    "grew up just fine" being dying before they were 40

hasn't been the norm for at least 125 years.

our parents, theirs, and theirs all lived well past 50

none of them had any of this bullshit

and I'm both a shining beacon of natural selection, and it's greatest arch-nemesis

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
    edited December 2009
    and even so, what do you really offer after 40 or 50?

make room for your off-spring, shuffle off to the elephant graveyard like nature intended.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • bongibongi regular
    edited December 2009
    40 or 50? don't be ridiculous

bongi on
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    As children, my parents couldn't always play with other kids because of polio

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

287699547_9e266cb41f.jpg

Shit, you had to?

More like you got to.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, Subaru Brumby (the BRAT) utes were the best paddock bashers.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, Subaru Brumby (the BRAT) utes were the best paddock bashers.

I understand about half of the words in this sentence

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png