As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I need a fast webhost

Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm currently using Godaddy and they can be sloooooow. Do you guys know any webhosts that are better than these guys? Preferably one that has an automatic wordpress installation suite.

Mace1370 on

• Options
    wmelonwmelon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've used DreamHost for the last several years and haven't had any problems with them.

wmelon on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Media Temple has automated wordpress installation and has a rep for being fairly reasonable in terms of speed.

They are on the moderate end of the cost spectrum though. Dreamhost is probably cheaper.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I use Kualo, and they're pretty awesome.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'll second Dreamhost. I've had them for over a year with no complaints.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    anitasiawanitasiaw Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    I have used Dreamhost and Hostmonster... No complaints with both... Fatcow is awefull though, painfully slow

anitasiaw on
  • Options
    BoGsBoGs Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dreamhost Hostmonster all those are shit.... if you ask me their oversold to the brink and beyond. If you also want to learn linux i would say to get a vps that you can manage and setup - Linode (www.linode.com) they are FANTASTIC.

If not just go with totalchoicehosting.com i had them when first starting in the webhosting since then i have been managing my own vps dedicated what have you.

BoGs on
    "It is the mark of an educated man to teach without a thought." - Aristotle

"Thoughts are a persons imagination going rampid…" - ME :)
  • Options
    KryptykSolKryptykSol Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I know I'm a bit new here, but I'd like to volunteer my services, I have my own server, in a dedicated colocation, and I'd be willing to set you up on it. It is in canada if that matters, and its sitting on its own dedicated line. PM me if you're interested. I can do anything from one single site to a full dedicated virtualized system.

KryptykSol on
This discussion has been closed.