As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] Man Will Not Die

• Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Silas Brown on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hey Inquisitor, are you L4Ded out, or are you up for another campaign?

We won't repeat Dark Carnival, although we could skip to the finale if you want.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Podly wrote: »

what the hell is this?

did you see the cherelle video. for didn't mean to turn you on. it is fun. the song is fun.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's Ohio.

They have to be 16.

Come back in 2 years. They'll also have drivers licenses so I don't have to go out of my way.

You know folks can drive at 15 1/2 around these parts right?

Terrifying.

I did know.

It explains the 80 cars in ditches the first time it really snows every year.

OH GOD I CAN'T CONTROL MY CAR, IF ONLY I WEREN'T GOING 40 ON THIS S-CURVE WHICH OHIO IS FILLED WITH.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

We won't repeat Dark Carnival, although we could skip to the finale if you want.

Imma probably fall asleep soon I feel like shit.

Playing the game is also less fun when you start coughing so much that you can't aim.

Inquisitor on
  • Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's Ohio.

They have to be 16.

Come back in 2 years. They'll also have drivers licenses so I don't have to go out of my way.

Terrifying.

I did know.

OH GOD I CAN'T CONTROL MY CAR, IF ONLY I WEREN'T GOING 40 ON THIS S-CURVE WHICH OHIO IS FILLED WITH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6_ghixVN78

Just stay inside, goddamnit.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Imma probably fall asleep soon I feel like shit.
    Okay then.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Man why did The Last Remnant have to suck so bad?

Now I have nothing to do but sit here and chat.

And mod.

:(

I am about to play this. I am pretty hyped.

Frosteey on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Hehe, that scatman song is the chord changes from Canon in D.

Pure Awesomeness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

I had never seen that it is pretty great

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Man why did The Last Remnant have to suck so bad?

Now I have nothing to do but sit here and chat.

And mod.

:(

I am about to play this. I am pretty hyped.

It is bad

sooooo bad

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    "Punk Music is a joke / it's really just baroque"

I haven't actually full on ROFL'd from an internet joke in a long time. Thanks, Ochu.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited December 2009
    It's Ohio.

They have to be 16.

Terrifying.

I did know.

okay. that first car.

hilarious.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Listening to that Annie song made me realize how much I suck at mixing, however. God damn it, back to Logic.

/Grumble

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited December 2009
    What the fuck was with those car crashes?

Silas Brown on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    Scatman John is dead. :(

Premier kakos on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    "Punk Music is a joke / it's really just baroque"

I haven't actually full on ROFL'd from an internet joke in a long time. Thanks, Ochu.

Him singing Natalie Imbruglia always cracks me up.

Like, who actually remembers that song?

Salvation122 on
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    I DMed today! (and last night)

GRIM AND PERILOUS ADVENTURE!

I have awesome ideas for DMing, but I have no ability to focus on the actual DMing itself.

I felt the same way, you just got to sit down and bang out a rough script for what you want to do and work from there. In 2 hours I made a 3 part adventure for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. My (encyclopedic) familiarity with the setting helped, but it felt good to bang out something like that and watch it actually come together and work out- especially on my second try.

No-Quarter on
    edited December 2009

It really is the worst thought. So many awful people live in wonderful comfort, and Scatman John is dead.

Silas Brown on
    edited December 2009
    What the fuck was with those car crashes?

I'm thinking there was a really steep hill covered in ice, and a lack of understanding of inertia and friction.

Salvation122 on
    edited December 2009

I have awesome ideas for DMing, but I have no ability to focus on the actual DMing itself.

I felt the same way, you just got to sit down and bang out a rough script for what you want to do and work from there. In 2 hours I made a 3 part adventure for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. My (encyclopedic) familiarity with the setting helped, but it felt good to bang out something like that and watch it actually come together and work out- especially on my second try.

Oh man, I really want to run a WoD game. I really should throw one up on Critical Failures.

Silas Brown on
    edited December 2009
    Snow in places it doesn't usually snow + people in cars = Southpark episode of seniors driving.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    You promised me pretty, Simon

You promised me pretty!

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009

Man I want to play WHFRP or Dark Heresy so bad, but my friends are unwilling to play a game where a miscast causes 666 succubi to burst forth from your shattered corpse and literally rape their way across the world/stars.

Salvation122 on
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The Last Remnant is one of the worst games I have ever played.

But most of it is that I despise MMOs, and games that play themselves or have AI controlled teammates.

Dr Mario Kart on
    edited December 2009
    i think i hate dubstep.

do i hate dubstep?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2009

It really is the worst thought. So many awful people live in wonderful comfort, and Scatman John is dead.

You know every time I hear one of his songs I end up looking him up on the internet, and he has such a sad, poignant little life story.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i think i hate dubstep.

do i hate dubstep?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTI8Ec77RBE

If you hate this then yes you hate dubstep.

Inquisitor on
    edited December 2009

Oh man, I really want to run a WoD game. I really should throw one up on Critical Failures.

Even if you've never played WarMachine, you should check out the 3rd edition rules for Iron Kingdoms from Privateer Press. Man, that was such a fun session. I played a ranger/sniper. We also had an elven rogue, a human gun mage, an ogron bodger and a trollkin fellcaller. It's a fun setting, steampunkish.

I had an idea for a monster campaign where the PCs played henchmen for what was essentially Dr. Frankenstein, then eventually got caught up in a fight between Frankenstein and his monster, the townspeople, and the real heroes who are trying to stop Frankenstein. Kinda stalled out on playing in general with 4th edition because no one in our group really got into that edition and I had trouble transitioning the idea back to 3rd.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    It's Ohio.

They have to be 16.

Terrifying.

I did know.

Isn't there a hilariously long version of this clip that starts like a couple minutes before where this one starts?

Premier kakos on
    edited December 2009
    Snow in places it doesn't usually snow + people in cars = Southpark episode of seniors driving.

I was driving on 90E over the weekend and realized that the car beside me had completed a full 180 and was now driving backwards at about 45 miles per hour. The lady (lol, i know rite) freaked right the fuck out and turned as hard and she could and made her way right into the guard rail on the other side of the highway. Somehow everyone behind her managed to avoid her.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2009
    Isn't there a hilariously long version of this clip that starts like a couple minutes before where this one starts?

Yeah, I just had trouble finding it. Plus, he's right, that first car is major laffo.

Armored Gorilla on
    edited December 2009
    The Last Remnant is one of the worst games I have ever played.

But most of it is that I despise MMOs, and games that play themselves or have AI controlled teammates.

The worst thing about it is that it feels like you are playing the game, but really you are just pressing A to get to the next scene in the battle.

The options are like:

=> Attack
    => Do Something Useless
    => Also Useless
    => Heal

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2009
    Omar doesn't like the f word.

Organichu on
    edited December 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    i think i hate dubstep.

do i hate dubstep?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTI8Ec77RBE

If you hate this then yes you hate dubstep.

ok. i hate dubstep.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2009

Man I want to play WHFRP or Dark Heresy so bad, but my friends are unwilling to play a game where a miscast causes 666 succubi to burst forth from your shattered corpse and literally rape their way across the world/stars.

It seems like the game would basically last until someone rolled a 1 on d20.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited December 2009
    Anyone here have playing experience with GURPS? It seems like a good idea in theory, but unwieldy in practice. Obviously it's gotta be somewhat popular since it's still around.

Armored Gorilla on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am eating a deep dish brisket and onion pizza with barbecue sauce.

Quid on
    edited December 2009
    Anyone here have playing experience with GURPS? It seems like a good idea in theory, but unwieldy in practice. Obviously it's gotta be somewhat popular since it's still around.

A buddy of mine in high school and I used to play it some. It was kind of unwieldy I thought but had a lot of flexibility. I understand that they have cleaned up some of the stupid parts (like how active defenses were handled I think).

I have not played a tabletop RPG in like 20 years. So there is a caveat.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited December 2009
    There are at least 8,000,000,000,000 things wrong with this video.

It might be the worst thing humanity has ever created:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5886Nb_psg

EDIT: But apparently they dress the same as some of the forumers here.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited December 2009

It seems like the game would basically last until someone rolled a 1 on d20.

Well, the thing is that you can guarantee a zero chance of miscast, but it requires you to significantly limit the amount of damage you do or the power of the effect. So basically you're constantly wagering that you're not about to explode your head and end the world in return for a little extra oomph.

Also casters are hated and feared and if people find out you are one they'll hunt you down and kill you in a sufficiently noteworthy manner. And since the only way anyone gets killed in WHFRP is by accumulating enough critical hits - which result in particularly grievous, permanent wounds, like hacking half of someone's leg off or crushing their testicles with a steel sabaton to the crotch; the game is designed from the ground up to be even more GRIMDARK than Chaosium's Call of Cthulu - these are really, really ugly.

Also pretty much everything you fight is stronger than you. As Morskittar put it, "If, at the end of a WHFRP session, your characters are not intensely worried, ur doin it rong."

It's a really fun game, but it takes a couple of runthroughs to adapt to the dark humor and the fact that you are not in fucking Faerun anymore. Lots of people base their DnD characters off of the humble farmboy trope; this is a game based around actually playing a humble farmboy in an intensely hostile world trying to fight off marauding orcs with agricultural implements.

Salvation122 on
This discussion has been closed.