As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

trilbies and reeboks and trenchcoats, oh no!

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sheri, I would happily purchase a ladylike hat from you

Janson on
  • LuvCherieLuvCherie Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    But really, where can one find maternity clothing that isn't terrible or awkward?

Old navy has some pretty decent Maternity stuff actually.

I got my box from Old Navy Petite today and I am in love. Decided to try it and it paid off. Got several layering long sleeve shirts and camis in a variety of colors that actually fit properly. From now on, I try stuff on in the store and then buy it online in petite when I get home. :mrgreen:

LuvCherie on
    "I have many skills."
    Making: LuvCherie Jewelry
    Writing: Fibropreneur.com
    Shopping: Amazon Wishes
    Socializing: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
    Gaming: Xbox Live, Playstation, Steam
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sheri I was just given a late christmas gift. A fake burberry scarf. Its actually quite nice and sadly am going to have to cancel our prior arrangements. :<

Lucky Cynic on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sheri I was just given a late christmas gift. A fake burberry scarf. Its actually quite nice and sadly am going to have to cancel our prior arrangements. :<

Yeah that's cool

t Janson - Do you have a normal lady-sized head or a giant man-head?

Sheri on
    edited December 2009
    I have a normal lady-sized head, running ever so slightly on the small side

Janson on
    edited December 2009
    Janson wrote: »
    I have a normal lady-sized head, running ever so slightly on the small side

Ooh that is faaaabulous

Let me finish this thingy and we shall see if it is something you might like yessy?

Sheri on
    edited December 2009
    Certainly! :D

Janson on
    edited December 2009
    To give you an idea

It's this hat in red
    2264485558_dd7eafc387_o.jpg

Okay so that's not an idea

That's the hat, just in a different color.

Sheri on
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I like those hats, they're pretty cute.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, I was browsing your flickr the other day and thought how cute it was! And I already have a purple hat in a similar style, so red would be perfect

(also Mori commented on how far and fabulous your photography has come and I agree)

Janson on
    edited December 2009
    Awwww thank you!

I will finish this one and we shall talk. I think I'll get the model I shoot with tomorrow to give me some good, proper photos of the hats I have yet to send out. I'm tired of putting up pictures of me in the bathroom wearing hats. :P

Sheri on
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I just ate a bowl of crutons.

Is that sad? They were really good.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    looks like persepolis

Projeck on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    But really, where can one find maternity clothing that isn't terrible or awkward?

I think H&M do maternity wear. I recall Ascot saying that at some point.

Liiya on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Polecat wrote: »
    My christmas: "YESSS BROOKS BROTHERS" My day after christmas: "hey mum do you have the receipts for these shirts?" "Nope" "dad do you want these shirts they are all too big?"

Tailor maybe?

NotASenator on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I just ate a bowl of crutons.

Is that sad? They were really good.
    Unless it's in a salad, you're just eating stale bread.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • bongibongi regular
    edited December 2009
    bongi on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    bongi wrote: »

Make sure they are full-grain for that price, doggy. It doesn't say that, which is weird. Put This On is so informative. (thanks NaC or whoever)

I wonder if I could pull off dressing like the dudes from Street Etiquette. I'm a white dude from the suburbs. I think I am about the same age (20s) and I am skinny, so maybe. They seem to mostly wear well-made stuff, which isn't really affordable most of the time, and be really awesome with the accessories. I worry that a white guy dressing like that in those cuts with those accessories would look like Andy's (from the Office) sort of vaguely rebellious younger brother though.

I think I would be OK with that.

DouglasDanger on
  • bongibongi regular
    edited December 2009
    bongi wrote: »

Make sure they are full-grain for that price, doggy. It doesn't say that, which is weird. Put This On is so informative. (thanks NaC or whoever)

Well I figured that I can order them, and if I don't like them or they seem a bit dodgy, I can always send them back.

bongi on
    edited December 2009
    bongi, I approve of those boots.

NotASenator on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    not my thing, but they are nice

Abracadaniel on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    On the chelsea boot front, Converse Japan has an interesting offering:

http://hypebeast.com/2009/12/converse-japan-jack-purcells/

converse-japan-new-model.jpg

That looks neat! Won't have the money to buy them while I'm there, sadly.

Faricazy on
    edited December 2009
    Ok, D&D Fashion thread question.

Cristo posted these walletsby Paul Smith (the second spoilered image may be NSFW)
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=12993210#post12993210

I had this to say about them:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=13001158#post13001158

I wanted to know if you guys thought I was too far off the mark.

NotASenator on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You're not supposed to draw titties on the side of NAS's wallets

and if you do, don't make 'em lopsided

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Those wallets are terrible.

DouglasDanger on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I agree, but I do like the NSFW one, if it were, say a print or something, but not on a wallet.

Abracadaniel on
    edited December 2009
    No, I agree with you totally NaC, a wallet says a lot about a person. It's got to be something classy, with a bit of style and not too dull but nor too elaborate. That's why whenever I buy a purse (or whatever the American word is) I always spend ages choosing. My current is leather, enough room for cards, house keys and in a plain pink colour. It's simple, and I think that's what a wallet and purse needs to be, simple to suit all occasions because a lot of people from your family to boss could end up seeing it.

Liiya on
    edited December 2009
    I'd like it if it were a girl laying on my desk right now.

NotASenator on
    edited December 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Ok, D&D Fashion thread question.

Cristo posted these walletsby Paul Smith (the second spoilered image may be NSFW)
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=12993210#post12993210

I had this to say about them:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=13001158#post13001158

I wanted to know if you guys thought I was too far off the mark.

Man, to me a wallet is just another thing I can have unique and personal to me. My current wallet is a giraffe print. I don't buy plain things.

Now, granted, I'm not a dude. And I imagine the 'everything-I-own-must-be-in-some-way-personalized' thing is entirely a personal opinion. But if I take out my wallet to pay for something and the cashier sees that there's, say, a pin-up design on the inside, they're not going to refuse my business because of it.

Sheri on
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Liiya wrote: »
    No, I agree with you totally NaC, a wallet says a lot about a person. It's got to be something classy, with a bit of style and not too dull but nor too elaborate. That's why whenever I buy a purse (or whatever the American word is) I always spend ages choosing. My current is leather, enough room for cards, house keys and in a plain pink colour. It's simple, and I think that's what a wallet and purse needs to be, simple to suit all occasions because a lot of people from your family to boss could end up seeing it.

I want to make a line of wallets and purses that say "SLUT" or "BOOTY CALL" in glitter on them.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
    edited December 2009

Yeah, but there are thousands of other things that everyone can see that no one gives a damn about.

I don't think there's anything a wallet "should" be or do, as that's entirely personal to the person who owns it. It SHOULD hold your important cards/money/whatever. For mine, it "should" also hold change.

The only time I'll look down on a person because of their wallet is if they have one of those damn duct tape ones. :P

Sheri on
    edited December 2009
    Fair enough, that's just what I think personally. Different folks, different strokes.

Liiya on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have friends with duct tape wallets.

They're engineers.

:|

Faricazy on
  • risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Speaking of wallets, I have a Louis Vuitton wallet. Not because I am baller or pretentious or anything like that, but my grandfather was and when he died I inherited his wallet. It was a free wallet, in good condition and it is on the slim side so it keeps me from loading it up with cards and other shit where it looks like I have a growth coming out of my right buttock, so I have become quite fond of it.

The thing that annoys me is every so often I will be at a restaurant or store or something and the person there will comment on how they have the same wallet. Why do they do this? It's like they are trying to say, "Even though I have this shit job, I have an expensive wallet too, so don't judge me."

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009

I'm picturing the following scenario:

You meet a great girl and you hang out a few times, get some coffee together, watch netflix at your house and you decide that there might be something serious here. So you ask her out to a nice dinner, you get fancied up, go and wine and dine her and things are going great. You offer to pay for her dinner and this is the moment where you should pull out the credit card and drop it in there like a confident, capable man, but all she's seeing is the naked cartoon chick on the inside of your billfold.

NotASenator on
    edited December 2009

You meet a great girl and you hang out a few times, get some coffee together, watch netflix at your house and you decide that there might be something serious here. So you ask her out to a nice dinner, you get fancied up, go and wine and dine her and things are going great. You offer to pay for her dinner and this is the moment where you should pull out the credit card and drop it in there like a confident, capable man, but all she's seeing is the naked cartoon chick on the inside of your billfold.

Honestly, that really wouldn't phase me

Maybe it depends on the image

But I'm not going to like someone less because their wallet is mildly interesting.

Sheri on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    I have friends with duct tape wallets.

They're engineers.

:|

oh god those things are hideous and they hold on to them like trophies because hurr hurr engineers

news flash, you can have style too silly people

Usagi on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

sooooo what you're saying, NAS, is that you have to be fake to get women to like you

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
This discussion has been closed.