Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

trilbies and reeboks and trenchcoats, oh no!

1575859606163»

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Rinder wrote: »
    Or a Lucha Libre mask.

OH MY GOD

Sheri on
  • zoom. zip. smash.zoom. zip. smash. Registered User
    edited December 2009
    I'm a little surprised nobody has asked for a crocheted balaclava.
    Or a Lucha Libre mask.

I'm making one for Firetruck, actually. You are mistaken.

zoom. zip. smash. on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    No, I agree with you totally NaC, a wallet says a lot about a person. It's got to be something classy, with a bit of style and not too dull but nor too elaborate. That's why whenever I buy a purse (or whatever the American word is) I always spend ages choosing. My current is leather, enough room for cards, house keys and in a plain pink colour. It's simple, and I think that's what a wallet and purse needs to be, simple to suit all occasions because a lot of people from your family to boss could end up seeing it.

I'm picturing the following scenario:

You meet a great girl and you hang out a few times, get some coffee together, watch netflix at your house and you decide that there might be something serious here. So you ask her out to a nice dinner, you get fancied up, go and wine and dine her and things are going great. You offer to pay for her dinner and this is the moment where you should pull out the credit card and drop it in there like a confident, capable man, but all she's seeing is the naked cartoon chick on the inside of your billfold.

sooooo what you're saying, NAS, is that you have to be fake to get women to like you

I know (or think) that you're just fucking around with me, but it does bring up a point. It's about presentation. Having a certain way you present yourself is not fake. I mean, unless it is. If you are a lazy bum and don't have any confidence and stability, then presenting that would be fake. But using style to present an aspect of yourself is not. I make decent money, I am an adult and I can take care of myself and those I care about. There are elements of what I wear that are meant to illustrate that. I'm not in a situation where I need to obsess over a dinner bill and if I'm dating someone, I'll let them know in the way that I present myself that I have that stability, because I think it's a strong point. It's like tailoring a resume. You understand what the employer is looking for and you present the aspects of yourself that match those desires.

just fucking around a little bit, but cartoon titties on a wallet are still a presentation of style. if flipping open a wallet and having a pinup on the inside of your billfold makes a person completely disregard the entirety of the experience up to that point, then there is indeed a large degree of shallowness involved.

also, if a work relationship is anything like personal relationships then a person either has an extremely friendly work environment or a distant relationship.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    Twitter Steam Playstation- Mechaphiliac
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, page 100. Do we wait until this one is locked, or should I just go ahead and make a new one?

DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm a little surprised nobody has asked for a crocheted balaclava.
    Or a Lucha Libre mask.

I'm making one for Firetruck, actually. You are mistaken.

Wouldn't mind seeing the finished product for this.

Rinder on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, page 100. Do we wait until this one is locked, or should I just go ahead and make a new one?

Send a pm to a mod and make a new one.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    and you can name the new one "only jerks have ugly wallets"

Sara Lynn on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    also, if a work relationship is anything like personal relationships then a person either has an extremely friendly work environment or a distant relationship.

Whenever we swap shop-keys over at the end of the day I attach them to my purse, that's how my co-workers see mine. I guess this doesn't apply to office work.

Liiya on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2009
    if having a wallet made out of human skin makes me a bad person, I'm willing to take that chance.

Unknown User on
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i'm so proud of my little thread all grown up now

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
    edited December 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    if having a wallet made out of human skin makes me a bad person, I'm willing to take that chance.

This is SE++, no one will judge you here!

Liiya on
  • risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sheri wrote: »
    risumon wrote: »
    Speaking of wallets, I have a Louis Vuitton wallet. Not because I am baller or pretentious or anything like that, but my grandfather was and when he died I inherited his wallet. It was a free wallet, in good condition and it is on the slim side so it keeps me from loading it up with cards and other shit where it looks like I have a growth coming out of my right buttock, so I have become quite fond of it.

The thing that annoys me is every so often I will be at a restaurant or store or something and the person there will comment on how they have the same wallet. Why do they do this? It's like they are trying to say, "Even though I have this shit job, I have an expensive wallet too, so don't judge me."

Maybe

Maybe they're just making small talk

I tell people I (/my mom/my cousin/my roommate) have (/has) that same (whatever) all the time

It's just an observation, you pretentious baller

I guess my problem is I am horrible at small talk, so I don't know how to respond to them.

Congratulations?

Yah, it's pretty neat, huh?

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am horrible at small talk, too

It is especially bad in America where everyone opens with 'how are you' but then waltz on by before you can properly respond

Janson on
    sig.jpg
    edited December 2009
    I swear to God this model needs to respond to me so I can know if we're gonna shoot today or if I can go pick up new glasses

Seriously this is ridiculous.

Sheri on
  • RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I love when I ask somebody "What's up?" and they respond with "How are you doing?"

Rinder on
  • zoom. zip. smash.zoom. zip. smash. Registered User
    edited December 2009
    Sheri wrote: »
    Speaking of wallets, I have a Louis Vuitton wallet. Not because I am baller or pretentious or anything like that, but my grandfather was and when he died I inherited his wallet. It was a free wallet, in good condition and it is on the slim side so it keeps me from loading it up with cards and other shit where it looks like I have a growth coming out of my right buttock, so I have become quite fond of it.

The thing that annoys me is every so often I will be at a restaurant or store or something and the person there will comment on how they have the same wallet. Why do they do this? It's like they are trying to say, "Even though I have this shit job, I have an expensive wallet too, so don't judge me."

Maybe

Maybe they're just making small talk

I tell people I (/my mom/my cousin/my roommate) have (/has) that same (whatever) all the time

It's just an observation, you pretentious baller

I guess my problem is I am horrible at small talk, so I don't know how to respond to them.

Congratulations?

Yah, it's pretty neat, huh?

Tell the story about how it was your grandfather's and how he gave it to you and so it's special.

Small talk isn't about content, it's about being inoffensive and filling the time.

zoom. zip. smash. on
    edited December 2009
    I have the bad habit of automatically replying to 'How are you?' with 'I'm good, how are you?' which causes a bit of embarrassment when I ask them how they are doing first, and then they respond and ask how I'm doing, then I ask how they are doing again. >.>

Sheri on
    edited December 2009
    Janson wrote: »

It is especially bad in America where everyone opens with 'how are you' but then waltz on by before you can properly respond

If there's anything the Brits are good at, it's small talk, usually "It's cold outside isn't it!" "Oh yes, very cold! You'll need your gloves!" "Ahaha yes, nice and warm!" that conversion happens about ten times at work.

Liiya on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I hate this, it happens at work all the time and I wonder why I bother even talking to people here.

M.D. on
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Why did I not realise how overweight I was until I lost some weight

I actually cover myself up more now I am so ashamed and am a little embarrassed to think of what I tried to get away with wearing

Now that I've lost a couple of pounds I've found that the sizing of clothes is complete shit for me. I wear XL now, but everything is baggy around the waist. I'm not even thin! It's only gonna get worse if I lose more weight.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sometimes I don't bother to reply and that's invariably when someone is actually wanting an answer

Janson on
    sig.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    and you can name the new one "only jerks have ugly wallets"

Good idea.
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Send a pm to a mod and make a new one.

Am I missing something, or are there no online SE++ mods right now?

DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    douglas wait until this one is locked

tube hates duplicate threads

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
    edited December 2009
    Gafoto wrote: »
    Why did I not realise how overweight I was until I lost some weight

I actually cover myself up more now I am so ashamed and am a little embarrassed to think of what I tried to get away with wearing

Now that I've lost a couple of pounds I've found that the sizing of clothes is complete shit for me. I wear XL now, but everything is baggy around the waist. I'm not even thin! It's only gonna get worse if I lose more weight.

Kudos on losing the weight :^:

Liiya on
This discussion has been closed.