As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the Week for 04-04-2007

• Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I must say I wasnt too keen on Hulk 105.
    She didnt have to dieeeeeee! D:

Synthetic Orange on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh my god. Gun-fu is amazing.

Sharp101 on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Oh my god. Gun-fu is amazing.

projectmayhem on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

But now you're totally rooting for the Hulk to kick some ass.

DarkPrimus on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Um, why? It's not the Illuminati's fault that the ship malfunctioned. Do you think they could have plausibly predicted it would not only take him to the wrong planet, but then eventually breach and cause the planet to explode?

Hulk is irrationally blaming them. He's a monster, and it wasn't wrong for them to send him away.

mattharvest on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Um, why? It's not the Illuminati's fault that the ship malfunctioned. Do you think they could have plausibly predicted it would not only take him to the wrong planet, but then eventually breach and cause the planet to explode?

Hulk is irrationally blaming them. He's a monster, and it wasn't wrong for them to send him away.

So if you went through the same thing as the Hulk, you're saying you'd just shrug and go "Oh, it was an accident"? Or would you be mad as hell?

DarkPrimus on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hulk's not completely blame free, as he probably damaged the warp drive. However, the Illuminati did send him off in a stupid way, virtually guaranteeing some shit like that would happen by enraging him. Also, they sorta made/sabotaged the tech that was in the ship.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The Danger Room reference in JLA #7 was cute

Also the ending of Marvel Zombies vs. AoD

Holy crap

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wow, the Initiative was bad, they eliminated all the interesting characters right away and gave us plenty of characters to completely dislike or not care either way about, what about it is supposed to make me want to get the next one?

But that's not why we are here, moment of the week for me is definitely the end of Hulk, I can't wait for the beatdown that's coming. Heralds of Galactus was great too, the Surfer is bad ass.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    The Initiative

It's freaking DAN SLOTT writing it. It'll be fine. Dude doesn't throwaway characters. He's got Slapstick in there for chrissake.
    The MVP thing scored with me too.

I agree with others regarding Marvel Zombies scene. Y'all picked my scenes for the week, so I'll go with

Fall of Cthulhu #1
    Dude kicks in his uncle's door to reveal... A Cthulhu Statue! OMG! FUCKING SOO-PRIZE, SOO-PRIZE, SOO-PRIZE!

Good use of Dreamlands, otherwise quite ham-handed.

Squashua on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    The Danger Room reference in JLA #7 was cute

Oh man I was so tired when I read it that I didn't even notice that

hahaha

also, "pretty sneaky, sis"

and now I can't wait for "Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice!"

Garlic Bread on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wow um American Virgin 13
    boobies. whoa. boobies. whoa.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

Not entirely unexpected, but still cool. I want more. Now.

Madman was pretty. The writing was a lot darker and more mature. The almost childish innocence seems to have taken a back seat to Frank's existential woes. I really want to see what happens next, though.

Runaways was terrible. I wanted to like it, but I couldn't stop frowning while I was reading it. All good things, I guess.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

I totally didn't get that. I mean, what the fuck?

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »

They hinted he was transgendered back in the issue 6.

Don't know why he'd have kept his boobs, though. I was expecting him to have a vag, like Buck Angel.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm obviously reading the wrong comic books.

I liked the Initiative, if only to bring in new blood to the MU. I thought Ms. Marvel was lame as hell. I bought both issues of Heralds of Galactus and I'm loving it.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Heralds was exactly what I needed to tide me over until next week, when Nova starts up.

Also, after seeing the Surfer kick ass in Heralds...I'm scared for Black Panther in next month's Fantastic Four. :shock:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    JLA: Hall of Justice

Algertman on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Heralds was exactly what I needed to tide me over until next week, when Nova starts up.

Also, after seeing the Surfer kick ass in Heralds...I'm scared for Black Panther in next month's Fantastic Four. :shock:

Heralds was worth it if just for a bit of summary-clarification of the relationship between Galactus and these other entities, especially given that only Galactus is from the previous universe.

That said, I hate the concept of the Crunch...I mean, I just don't see how it makes any sense at all...but whatever. It was rather cool for the Surfer to kill - to outright destroy and unmake - two core entities of the universe. By the way, was I alone in thinking that Galactus seems to actually like the Surfer, as opposed to just tolerating him like he seems to do w/ his heralds typically?

mattharvest on
    edited April 2007

Heralds was worth it if just for a bit of summary-clarification of the relationship between Galactus and these other entities, especially given that only Galactus is from the previous universe.

That said, I hate the concept of the Crunch...I mean, I just don't see how it makes any sense at all...but whatever. It was rather cool for the Surfer to kill - to outright destroy and unmake - two core entities of the universe. By the way, was I alone in thinking that Galactus seems to actually like the Surfer, as opposed to just tolerating him like he seems to do w/ his heralds typically?

Considering their history, and what the Surfer has done since Annihilation, I can see why Galactus would favor the Surfer, even over Stardust.

wwtMask on
  • TehChowdTehChowd Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I really like Runaways 25. Chase is a little "LOL, DUDE!" for my tastes, but Whedon is so far doing a great job imho. I already hate Nico less, and Mollie's line about she-hulk was priceless.

The Initiative was good. Not great, but certainly passable. I thought a lot of the dialogue was horrible, but it did deliver some interesting moments, characters, and plot points. Also, I'm assumming I'm wrong on this, but I thought the Initiative was going to be a series of one-shots?

Also, Hulk 105 was great. Like everyone else has pretty much said, it was a great ending to a great series.

TehChowd on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    TehChowd wrote: »
    I really like Runaways 25. Chase is a little "LOL, DUDE!" for my tastes, but Whedon is so far doing a great job imho. I already hate Nico less, and Mollie's line about she-hulk was priceless.

The Initiative was good. Not great, but certainly passable. I thought a lot of the dialogue was horrible, but it did deliver some interesting moments, characters, and plot points. Also, I'm assumming I'm wrong on this, but I thought the Initiative was going to be a series of one-shots?

Also, Hulk 105 was great. Like everyone else has pretty much said, it was a great ending to a great series.

It was changed to an ongoing. Apparently the orders for it were pretty good. I would like to see Nico at some point or other studying a bunch od Dictionaries and Thesaurii.

Fencingsax on
    edited April 2007
    Give the girl a Word of the Day calender.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    According to her, it doesn't work that way. She has to think of something that makes her feel guilt and she casts it like that.

But then, that was completely shot to hell in The YA/Runaways crap so who knows.

The Staff of One is an evil thing, and I really hope that's explored more often.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »

They hinted he was transgendered back in the issue 6.

Don't know why he'd have kept his boobs, though. I was expecting him to have a vag, like Buck Angel.

Ah. I just started reading AV in this story arc. So thusly my shock.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm trying to post the image, but imageshack is being weird. Immortal Iron Fist #4, Danny and Orson fight a HYDRA legion. Orson gets all chi-glowy and orange, guns crossed in front of his chest and says something like "lightening from God."

immortalironfist0040180ss4.th.jpg

DouglasDanger on
  • TehChowdTehChowd Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm trying to post the image, but imageshack is being weird. Immortal Iron Fist #4, Danny and Orson fight a HYDRA legion. Orson gets all chi-glowy and orange, guns crossed in front of his chest and says something like "lightening from God."

[awesome pic]

Haha, wow. I know it's been said a bunch on this board, but that pic makes it official. I really, really need to start reading Iron Fist.

TehChowd on
    edited April 2007

[awesome pic]

Haha, wow. I know it's been said a bunch on this board, but that pic makes it official. I really, really need to start reading Iron Fist.

Yeah, it's a good time to get on the bandwagon. And if that Gun-fu makes you excited, the female Iron Fist Orson was talking about, Wu Ao-Shi gets a single issue feature in June, where I assume we'll get to see her Arrow-Fu in action. :^: :^: :^:

IronFist.jpg

wwtMask on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The lightning of god thing refers to a previous conversation in which Orson Randall is talking to Danny about previous Iron Fists, including one who could channel her chi into her arrows.

Fencingsax on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

[awesome pic]

Oh, hell yes.

Crimsondude on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    I don't think I'm familiar enough with Marvel characters to find Immortal Iron Fist impressive

Garlic Bread on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It's the elevation of a relatively obscure character to a badass one, in a nutshell.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    With an awesome back story being developed, and amazing art, and really good writing.

If you want to get a taste, I made an Immortal Iron Fist thread with a lot of preview pages and stuff.

DouglasDanger on
    edited April 2007
    I'm not really interested in reading it

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2007
    Do you hate Kung-Fu or something?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited April 2007
    I think Keith would prefer the Karate Kid for his chopsocky needs.
    lol DC fanboi :P

wwtMask on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think Keith would prefer the Karate Kid for his chopsocky needs.
    lol DC fanboi :P

Hmm... I would like to see Mr. Miyagi as a Green Lantern.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm glad they redesigned his costume

I know we're talking about comic book heroes here, but...

Honestly.

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

My favorite part of it is that Galactus almost came off as a good guy...a good guy who eats billions of people a year, but still. Defending the universe when he could've ignored them.

Just waiting for the twist when it turns out Aegis and Tenebrous were actually right about what needed to be done.

Scooter on
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've been reading Iron Fist, I'm totally not as impressed as everyone around here seems to be.

It's still pretty good, though. I'm going to keep at it.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.