As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G4 at PAX

FTVFTV Registered User regular
edited September 2005 in PAX Archive
http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/blog/AOTB/post/477747/Penny_Arcade_Expo_2005.html

http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/blog/AOTB/post/477991/Penny_Arcade_Expo_Part_2.html

Most of it was pretty damn lame (other than seeing people I know) until the part at the end where they finally ask Gabe and Tycho why they hate G4, that made me laugh.

FTV on

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Hey, HEY, theres already a thread for this, i know it takes that extra effort to scroll down half a cenimeter to find it, but its there...

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    LogicLBLogicLB Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Hey, HEY, theres already a thread for this, i know it takes that extra effort to scroll down half a cenimeter to find it, but its there...

yeah, but its nice to have a fresh post with the links to the videos on top

LogicLB on
    renton_tracks.jpg
  • Options
    KrizKriz Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    :|

That host/interviewer is very annoying.

strike that; g4 in general is annoying.

Kriz on
  • Options
    coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited September 2005

You asshole, I'm totally not in that clip.

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    Wow... that host was the embodiment of the G4 PA comic.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    StrawberryFieldsStrawberryFields Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    OMGHI2ME

omg.JPG

hahaha my face looks all effed up.

StrawberryFields on
    <3
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    OMGHI2ME

omg.JPG

hahaha my face looks all effed up.

zomg

that's before bawls boobies.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    StrawberryFieldsStrawberryFields Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    zomg

uweeehehehe did you see the picture of bawls boobies?

StrawberryFields on
    <3
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    zomg

uweeehehehe did you see the picture of bawls boobies?

indeed I did...

:o

Legacy on
  • Options
    Storm ShadowStorm Shadow Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    My brain just hemmoraghed about 20 IQ points when I accidentally read through the comments on that site.

" i did laughed, i just don't know who they are and they look dumb"

" i love games but i could never nerdisize myslef to go to these retarted conventions"

Storm Shadow on
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    i really didn't like how they talked like everyone at pax was a social reject

futility on
  • Options
    duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    futility wrote:
    i really didn't like how they talked like everyone at pax was a social reject

Well, it's not like they're too far off the mark ;)

duderdude2 on
  • Options
    cyraxwinscyraxwins Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    holy shit,

34319_M.jpg

that's me!

cyraxwins on
    style7,Cyrax-spc-Motherfucker.png
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    ^ Case in point.

duderdude2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    hey...
    fuck

im not an outcast!

cyraxwins on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    I'm not sure if I should be glad I'm not in it, or mad I don't get to do the whole "Yay! I'm on TV!" thing.

Shade on
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    i'm just pissed that we didnt get the part where kevin dropped trou for a free bottle of bawls

cyraxwins on
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    Shade wrote:
    I'm not sure if I should be glad I'm not in it, or mad I don't get to do the whole "Yay! I'm on TV!" thing.

I'm actually in it too, right up front playing Mario Tennis, but only for a second or two. Upon seeing it, I think I conceal my geeky side pretty well (as in I don't look horribly deformed...no offense to everyone else in the video ;)

duderdude2 on
  • Options
    _tepid__tepid_ Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    That wasn't half bad.

That seems to be his schtick...making fun of what pays his bills.

Not that I watch G4 or anything...who the hell does....but it seemed to be tounge in cheek.

Wait.

Now that I think about it...that was the best G4 had to offer to the expo?

Some cable network morning-show tech wannabe whose sense of humor fits the idiocy of his obviously (and, obviously, not often enough) rehearsed questions and intern quality editing?

What has he offered gaming? Oh.

It's a platform for his shitacular impregnation into the upper echelon that is, my friends, his G4 career.

Maybe his next 'assignment' will be covering the loacl EB on their HOT HOT story of the overpricing of the 360.

what a cockmongerling overated 'C' average communications student

_tepid_ on
    The proposed legislation stems from an investigation into an Enumclaw, Wash., farm, where a 45-year-old man died on July 2 from internal bleeding due to a perforated colon resulting from having sex with a horse.
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2005
    I thought it was fun that he took the weekend lightly and took the time to tease the people who took it in stride.

"Mean Streets of Bellevue" was enough to get my buddies & me chuckling during taping, I think you can see one of them making the "get a load of this douche" face during the lead-in.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    MC Chris: "So I was doing a show for G4..."
    *dead silence*

Doc on
  • Options
    LogicLBLogicLB Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Doc wrote:
    *dead silence*
    He was making a joke right? Cause I remember not knowing how to react to that.

LogicLB on
    renton_tracks.jpg
  • Options
    PlayPlay Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    That was awesome how he backpedaled that to rally against G4. Nice save. I was never a big fan, but now I really hate G4 since they killed TechTV. Assholes.

Play on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    phenom.jpg

hey, it's The Phenomenon

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2005
    lawl

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    Spectre45Spectre45 Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    LogicLB wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    *dead silence*
    He was making a joke right? Cause I remember not knowing how to react to that.

G4 interviewed him on Friday. He was wearing a G4 hat. I was sitting next to him during the interview. After the interview he mutters "I hate those guys." Someone asked him why he was wearing a G4 hat. He says "They're paying me to. Fuckers."

Spectre45 on

Wii Code: Spectre45 - 3045 6435 9861 4101
  • Options
    PojacoPojaco Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    cyraxwins wrote:
    hey...
    fuck

im not an outcast!
    Far from it, you are my HERO

Pojaco on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    Wow, that guy is as bad as the public access shows in my town.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Play wrote:
    That was awesome how he backpedaled that to rally against G4. Nice save. I was never a big fan, but now I really hate G4 since they killed TechTV. Assholes.

That alone merits kicking g4 in the balls repeatedly. Who watches that G4 garbage anyhow? I have some on-demand stuff and tried it and after 5 minutes i said " i want my 5 minutes back!!"

TRULY HORRIBLE GAMING TV. They don't have the pulse of the gamers unlike tycho and gabe. Screw'em i say. I hope they f-king choke on their horrible programming.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    Play wrote:

That alone merits kicking g4 in the balls repeatedly. Who watches that G4 garbage anyhow? I have some on-demand stuff and tried it and after 5 minutes i said " i want my 5 minutes back!!"

TRULY HORRIBLE GAMING TV. They don't have the pulse of the gamers unlike tycho and gabe. Screw'em i say. I hope they f-king choke on their horrible programming.

If they come again next year, have a few people wearing shirts saying "G4 killed tech tv" stay constantly in shot.

Shade on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Yes. Even if they're simple CafePress crap shirts, we've got to do it.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Do it on rotating shifts so nobody has to miss all their favourite events. Everyone at PAX has to wear the shirt for 10 minutes or something, and follow the G4 guys around. I also suggest the shirts say "G4 fucking killed TechTV", because profanity is funny.

Azio on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Shirts, yes.

and the least they could have done was send Morgan Webb, like they did for the Child's Play charity dinner.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    Shirts, yes.

and the least they could have done was send Morgan Webb, like they did for the Child's Play charity dinner.

Adam > Morgan

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    The Geek wrote:
    Shirts, yes.

Adam > Morgan

Boobs > Most things.

Legacy on
  • Options
    Mike FehlauerMike Fehlauer Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Sure, that equation can't be denied. But there are more than two reasons why Morgan's piece was really great. Such as:

1. The guys were terrified (it was one of their first TV interviews) but the editing made them look fairly coherent. Although Gabe couldn't quite hide his "mustnotlookatboobsmustnotlookatboobs" face.

2. Thanks to the piece, some people that wouldn't otherwise hear of Child's Play did. Sure, that show gets way less viewership than PA (and way, WAY less than PA + Slashdot + all the other sites that linked to Child's Play) but every bit counts.

3. Game company execs give a lot of attention to G4 (most of them are old-school packaged goods execs from Proctor & Gamble and so on, and therefore still think TV is king) so tv coverage "legitimizes" the drive in their eyes. This will hopefully translate into more corporate participation for Child's Play 2005.

Actually, number 3 applies to the PAX coverage as well. I really do think Kevin's piece was good, and I honestly think it'll help get even better exhibitor participation next year.

I can't comment on the rest of the channel's programming; I don't watch TV*.

-Mike

*Except for LOST, Survivor, and The Apprentice

Mike Fehlauer on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Sure, that equation can't be denied. But there are more than two reasons why Morgan's piece was really great. Such as:

1. The guys were terrified (it was one of their first TV interviews) but the editing made them look fairly coherent. Although Gabe couldn't quite hide his "mustnotlookatboobsmustnotlookatboobs" face.

2. Thanks to the piece, some people that wouldn't otherwise hear of Child's Play did. Sure, that show gets way less viewership than PA (and way, WAY less than PA + Slashdot + all the other sites that linked to Child's Play) but every bit counts.

3. Game company execs give a lot of attention to G4 (most of them are old-school packaged goods execs from Proctor & Gamble and so on, and therefore still think TV is king) so tv coverage "legitimizes" the drive in their eyes. This will hopefully translate into more corporate participation for Child's Play 2005.

Actually, number 3 applies to the PAX coverage as well. I really do think Kevin's piece was good, and I honestly think it'll help get even better exhibitor participation next year.

I can't comment on the rest of the channel's programming; I don't watch TV*.

-Mike

*Except for LOST, Survivor, and The Apprentice

That legitimates my feeling of not being too hostile to g4(more of a standoffish). This year all i did to mock them was cough *g4sucks* . I though it was absolutly hilarious. Just like my dikatana comment at the end of the last panel. Meh, me and my warped sense of humor.

More to the point. We do need tv time for childs play. If its G4, so be it. Its better then nothing. And anything to make pax better as well.

*edit-first version didn't make sense without "more to the point"*

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    if i had seen morgan webb in person i would have collapsed. I have such a crush on that woman, I cant even explain why I do. Every time she's on tv for any reason what so ever I watch it. she could be talking about the intricies of goatse with a picture diagram and i'd tivo it.

Grath on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    cyraxwins wrote:
    holy shit,

34319_M.jpg

that's me!

Hey, that's the guy that I gave all those magic cards to!

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    leaf wrote:
    cyraxwins wrote:
    holy shit,

34319_M.jpg

that's me!

Hey, that's the guy that I gave all those magic cards to!

you were the one giving out MTG cards? I ended up with some of them through dif people.

Shade on