As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

My New Year's was the bomb!

TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonightHas stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Social Entropy++
How is everyone's New Year's going?

Mine thus far:

I went to work at the bar, and being the day it is, the place was pretty quiet (neighborhood joint). A few of the regulars are in, a little jovial holiday fun, joking about the old guys going to Cowgirls Inc. for the night etc...

The bartender notices some cops at the end of the street, goes out to see what's going down and comes back to tell us that each end of our block is cordoned off with patrol cars. Of course now everybody goes outside to see what the big deal is, and indeed, there are three to four patrol cars at each end of 10th Ave E and a Metro bus at the side of the street with its' hazards on.

Everyone goes back to their beers until a couple of minutes later two cops walk in the door and tell us that everyone has to leave due to the possibility of a bomb on the bus.

So now I'm sitting at a bar very far away from that bus.

Here is some news on the situation.

How is everyone else on this fine New Years?

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
Tonkka on

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2010
    Speed_movie_poster.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    I called in the bomb threat so you could get some time off work. You're welcome.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You owe me money Dru.

I have to mooch beer now.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    edited January 2010
    God, you try to do someone a good turn and they just bitch at you. Happy new year you bastard.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh holy hell.

Did someone steal the pillow for your rocking chair again?

Tonkka on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2010
    i was driving yesterday and saw a sign that said "Durham Rd." and was gonna take a picture but I decided to not get into an accident instead

Garlic Bread on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Oh holy hell.

it's your turn to fluff him

Usagi on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ew old man balls

Raneados on
    edited January 2010
    Oh holy hell.

I love you, cockshitter. Hope your evening gets better fag.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited January 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    Oh holy hell.

I love you, cockshitter. Hope your evening gets better fag.

D'awwww, smooches to you too!

I'm working on improving the evening with beer!

Tonkka on
  • the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    i have not been invited anywhere and do not intend to leave the house. another failed holiday for me.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
    edited January 2010
    i'm not going out because all of my friends are going down to south philly and i have work in the morning and i don't feel like driving back late/early

right now i'm drinking hard cider because apparently the only beer in my house is Miller Lite and fuck that

Garlic Bread on
    edited January 2010
    I'm just gonna chill at home, chatting with usagi

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    the cheat wrote: »
    i have not been invited anywhere and do not intend to leave the house. another failed holiday for me.

At least you're not at work.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I spent all day on an airplane from Seattle back to PSU.

Whoooooooooo

time to drink.

Khavall on
  • the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Darmak wrote: »
    the cheat wrote: »

At least you're not at work.

...at least you have a job.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    true dat

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited January 2010
    Darmak wrote: »
    true dat

x3u4bc.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I wasn't invited to any parties, nor did I ask to be, so I'm making a resolution: Next year, I'm asking everybody if I can go to their parties, cuz being lonely ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Sweeney Tom on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm in my underwear watching a bowl game, writing an iPhone app for psychiatrist formulas/tools and texting my girlfriend who is in NYC having all the fun.

Seems lopsided to me.

Jasconius on
    edited January 2010
    Apparently they've re-opened 10th Ave to traffic.

No kaboom!

Tonkka on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm gonna make a resolution to make a New Year's resolution come 2011.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited January 2010
    Jasconius wrote: »
    I'm in my underwear watching a bowl game, writing an iPhone app for psychiatrist formulas/tools and texting my girlfriend who is in NYC having all the fun.

Seems lopsided to me.

THEY DID IT ON THE BOAT

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    On the plus side, I drove past a stop sign that had its pole demolished by street thugs to the point they had to hold said sign up with cinder blocks.

I'd have taken pics, but there was traffic and I didn't want to hit anyone, cuz I knew in this crummy state (PA) all people need is one excuse to sue your ass for everything you're worth. I should know, my parents are part of these people.

Sweeney Tom on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »

Seems lopsided to me.

THEY DID IT ON THE BOAT

Holding a glass of milk

Hunter on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Malpractice insurance premiums are pushing doctor's out of state in PA, which is hilarious.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm on day four of quiting a pack a day habit cold turkey, so I'm staying home and watching movies and world jr hockey.

I might get a beer or two later, but I might start feeling incredibly ill again so maybe I'll just go to bed.

Best New Years ever.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just came back from work; friends told me they'd put a message on our ventrilo server to tell me where I have to go for partying tonight. I just ran all the way back home, and jesus christ theres no fucking message on vent, and I cant reach any of them on the phone.

Happy fucking new year, im gonna be playing fallout 3 in my basement feeling like a goddamn loser

Dadouw on
  • MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Pretty sure someone will let you know what's going on.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
    edited January 2010
    Wanna bet

Dadouw on
    edited January 2010
    Unless they're all hammered and forget.

But good luck anyway!

Tonkka on
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm spending another new year's eve alone. Like alone alone. No one is here.

This has been the status quo for...about 7 years maybe? It fucking sucks.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I watched Extract

Looks like no one is going to stay up with me. I'm up this late normally, so, no big deal.

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    New year, yet another day to remind me that im single.

Apparently i am supposed to go to a party soon, and then we will ski down the local ski mountain with flairs in each hand to light up the entire mountain right as 2010 starts. But damn, one of these days i wanna be in new york on new years.

Barcardi on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    gonna stay up until midnight

Antimatter on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm on day four of quiting a pack a day habit cold turkey, so I'm staying home and watching movies and world jr hockey.

I might get a beer or two later, but I might start feeling incredibly ill again so maybe I'll just go to bed.

Best New Years ever.

You can do it!

unintentional on
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I have the stomach flu. My New Years is rockin'.

jgeis on
    edited January 2010
    Veretas wrote: »
    I'm spending another new year's eve alone. Like alone alone. No one is here.

This has been the status quo for...about 7 years maybe? It fucking sucks.

I'm at two years and I already cant take it

Sending good vibes your way, will be drinking a beer to you tonight, veretass

Dadouw on
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Where you at, Barcardi?

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    It's going alright so far. But I get these episodes where I get violently ill and dry heave for about ten minutes. Also, headache like a motherfucker.

But I'm chugging water and pulling through this shit.

Morgenstern on