As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] Man Will Not Die

1575859606163»

• monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Threats against human beings are already covered, are they not?

I don't know.

In America no one will arrest you for spreading the idea that all Catholic Priests are evil child rapists who should be murdered, even though there are some fringe Baptists who would love to be able to do this given half a chance. Maybe the Irish law is something about these kinds of statements which aren't against a specific, particular group, but rather a more general group?

Because being an idiot is not illegal. Incitement to riot, however, is as are other forms of non-protected speech which shall cause 'imminent lawlessness.' Personally I feel that's a pretty good setup.

moniker on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

I don't know.

In America no one will arrest you for spreading the idea that all Catholic Priests are evil child rapists who should be murdered, even though there are some fringe Baptists who would love to be able to do this given half a chance. Maybe the Irish law is something about these kinds of statements which aren't against a specific, particular group, but rather a more general group?

Does the law cover, say, the Elk's Club?

What's the Elk's Club?

Passerbye on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    so hard with my girls not around me

it's definitely not a Nashville party

I'm at the house, all alone. My roommates are spending the holidays with their bfs.

Maybe a Jay-Z song will come on the radio and cheer you up.

And then a Brittney song.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    a club for elk

Elendil on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What's the Elk's Club?

It is an organization that people might talk negatively about in a similar manner.

Which group does not matter, really.

Incenjucar on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    moniker wrote: »

I don't know.

Because being an idiot is not illegal. Incitement to riot, however, is as are other forms of non-protected speech which shall cause 'imminent lawlessness.' Personally I feel that's a pretty good setup.

I don't think they should be arrested for spreading those ideas, mind you, unless someone clearly does something as a result of that person's influence. But it could be the Irish are being a little more strict about it. I don't know.

Passerbye on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I don't know.

Does the law cover, say, the Elk's Club?

What's the Elk's Club?

A club for moose and sometimes squirrel.

moniker on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Remember when they were going to pass that hate crime bill in the UK. Man that got way too close to passing. America teach us your ways.

Leitner on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    okay start her back up?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.