As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Want to Be an Enforcer? Now's your Last Chance!

Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right NowDrives a BuickModerator mod
edited January 2010 in PAX Archive
Gabe wrote:
Also due to the incredible response to the show, we'll need more Enforcers than we originally guessed. If you'd like to apply please grab this application and mail it to Kristin our Enforcer Mom.

If you missed the earlier call for enforcers, here's a rare second chance. As Gabe said, due to the incredible ticket sales of PAX East, more enforcers are needed. If you missed the last deadline, don't miss this one!

E6LkoFK.png

Moe Fwacky on

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sent my app in about an hour ago.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Enforcers are rad.

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • businessrobbusinessrob Registered User new member
    edited December 2009
    enforcer app sent in couple min ago
    =]

businessrob on
  • HexcoreHexcore Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Its time to give back App sent

Hexcore on
  • JoansieJoansie Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    I put in my app like in Nov and got no reply, but i did it again today just in case. Its kinda weird since all my friends who were enforcers PAX 09 have gotten their confirmation already, plus a few new people that I know are in besides me one of them being my boyfriends lil sister who's never been to a con in her life!

Joansie on
  • GoogalashGoogalash Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Joansie wrote: »
    I put in my app like in Nov and got no reply, but i did it again today just in case. Its kinda weird since all my friends who were enforcers PAX 09 have gotten their confirmation already, plus a few new people that I know are in besides me one of them being my boyfriends lil sister who's never been to a con in her life!

Send an e-mail about it to kristin. The app may have slipped through the cracks...

Googalash on
  • GintokoGintoko Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    Anyone else get that "this is not a vaild email address" error when sending in the app?

Gintoko on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Joansie wrote: »

Check your spam filter and see if it landed in there.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    App sent.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • WebScudWebScud Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What's being an enforcer like? I'm debating sending in an application.

WebScud on
  • David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited January 2010
    What's being an enforcer like. Hrm. There are certainly varying levels of "Enforcerdom". Personally, as I have only ever been a "black shifter" (basically forgoing shifts and working non-stop), that's really all I can speak of.

What's it like? Frankly, for me, it's the hardest thing I've ever done. It would be an understatement to say that calling it tough would be an understatement. It's hard work. Your feet will get blisters, you will forget to eat, you will forget to drink, your throat will chaffe, your voice will disappear, your knees will ache, your sleep will be limited and come Sunday morning, rolling out of bed and getting into the shower will seem like the act of a crazy person.

But then the show ends, and you start realizing what you have done...what you have sacrificed to build. And you start hearing the feedback of those who have enjoyed the show, and you spend some time with the fellow enforcers who have often spent as much, if not more of themselves as you have. You start to hear some of the praise for the show, the twitter feeds, the press, videos, and blogs all talking about how different PAX is from any other convention that currently exists, and how a big part of that is the contributions from the Enforcers. You trade war stories with your new found brothers in arms at the after party. And you'll realize that your wounds will heal, your sleep deprivation will soon be remedied, your stomach filled and your sanity restored...but what won't change - ever - is that you helped build something Good. Something that has made the world a better place for 60,000 attendees. And then it's just the waiting game for your next chance to do the same.

That's what being an Enforcer has always been like to me, anyway...for whatever it's worth to you.

David Coffman on
  • WebScudWebScud Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What's being an enforcer like. Hrm. There are certainly varying levels of "Enforcerdom". Personally, as I have only ever been a "black shifter" (basically forgoing shifts and working non-stop), that's really all I can speak of.

What's it like? Frankly, for me, it's the hardest thing I've ever done. It would be an understatement to say that calling it tough would be an understatement. It's hard work. Your feet will get blisters, you will forget to eat, you will forget to drink, your throat will chaffe, your voice will disappear, your knees will ache, your sleep will be limited and come Sunday morning, rolling out of bed and getting into the shower will seem like the act of a crazy person.

But then the show ends, and you start realizing what you have done...what you have sacrificed to build. And you start hearing the feedback of those who have enjoyed the show, and you spend some time with the fellow enforcers who have often spent as much, if not more of themselves as you have. You start to hear some of the praise for the show, the twitter feeds, the press, videos, and blogs all talking about how different PAX is from any other convention that currently exists, and how a big part of that is the contributions from the Enforcers. You trade war stories with your new found brothers in arms at the after party. And you'll realize that your wounds will heal, your sleep deprivation will soon be remedied, your stomach filled and your sanity restored...but what won't change - ever - is that you helped build something Good. Something that has made the world a better place for 60,000 attendees. And then it's just the waiting game for your next chance to do the same.

That's what being an Enforcer has always been like to me, anyway...for whatever it's worth to you.

Thank you! That's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I sent my app in yesterday, but I wanted to swing by and thank you for the write up.

WebScud on
  • spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sweet, I'm in!

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
This discussion has been closed.