As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Fail of the Lich King: [Chat] 3.3

• Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I dual specced to holy on my paladin and tried a few instances. Provided the tank doesn't pull an entire room (which one did, twice) I seem to be ok with keeping up. I had no shield or caster cloak for the 2 runs I did, but thankfully nobody noticed. And I even three manned Anub in AN when the tank decided to rush in waaay too early.

The only downside was when the bandage book dropped in DTK. Since I was at 398 FA, I needed. The hunter, who greeded, promptly protested.

"Why did you need???"
    "I have first aid, it's BoP."
    "SO DO I. I greeded so you would know!"
    "...."
    "asshole"

Coconut Monkey on
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've honestly never been a fan of Paladin healing, mostly because of the whole "no HoT" thing which means you tend to end up spamming constantly---as well as the need to keep Beacon up at all times.

Every time I've tried Paladin healing, failure has mostly been caused by Beacon expiring and me not noticing, and since I rely on Beacon to keep the tank topped off while I try and keep the dumb DPS alive, the tank ends up dying.

I actually love Discipline Priest healing for the most part, but its' group healing tools seem fairly inadequate most of the time. Thus, I'm trying holy as my priest's second spec to see how I like it.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nerdtendo wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Wow, Armory has a lot of detail now, kinda embarrassing that people can look up how many times you've drowned

Someone in my room mate's guild will determine whether they'll vote for someone applying to the guild based on their number of deaths by falling.

Man I tend to play falling-chicken with my priest and levitate, and due to latency i have some...embarassing deaths

but I don't think Armory was tracking it then, as I have only 2 falling deaths, and I KNOW it is wayyyyyy more.

Essentially I jump off of everything high enough to kill me and waited till the last second to throw up levitate when I get bored

Arch on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    When decending from great heights I shift out of bird form as falling at least feels faster than flying down. Any misjudging of my position in relation to the ground or lag usually means death.

Opty on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yup ^

Bikkstah on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've spent a great deal of time screwing about with parachute cloaks, large drops and extremely precise drops into tiny bodies of water.

-SPI- on
  • MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I may be cranking up a few with the tank challange.

Jump off dal, then hit the /lfd button, join before you hit the ground.

MrIamMe on
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Not to mention mass-falling death via path of frost in ToC.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • QuantumQuarkQuantumQuark Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Opty wrote: »
    When decending from great heights I shift out of bird form as falling at least feels faster than flying down. Any misjudging of my position in relation to the ground or lag usually means death.

I did the same on my Paladin. Bubblechuting down into the Argent Tournament grounds.

QuantumQuark on
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I always levitate myself before the floor breaks.

Just in case.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    As a philosophical point, I make sure to /teleport out of dungeon at the first sign of well... anything.

It will be a sick, hard day for griefers when Blizzard gets around to locking you into a dungeon until you drop combat.

"Pulled boss. Left group, lol. ...Wait, shit."

I hate those guys.

edit: an added bonus if it keeps them in long enough for their former group to teabag them.

Grape Ape on
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    As a philosophical point, I make sure to /teleport out of dungeon at the first sign of well... anything.

It will be a sick, hard day for griefers when Blizzard gets around to locking you into a dungeon until you drop combat.

"Pulled boss. Left group, lol. ...Wait, shit."

I hate those guys.

edit: an added bonus if it keeps them in long enough for their former group to teabag them.

This. Not being able to drop/teleport out when in combat. Please.

Honestly, if someone is man enough to stop the group and say straight up, "Hey guys, this isn't working for me, I'm going to leave," then that's cool. But there's a special place in hell reserved for these assholes who think it's funny to leave group mid-pull.

EDIT: And maybe there should be a PUG panel where you can look at someone and see the number of dungeons run, percent completed, times kicked and groups left. Maybe put an percentage of boss kills in there to discriminate against people who clear most of the dungeon, but then just get "stuck" versus the people who quit group because they didn't get randomly dropped into a faceroll group that's going to carry them the entire way.

EDIT2: Sorry in advance about the PUG rage.

ironzerg on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    so I was just "that guy" in a pug

Queued up for a random on my pally, get heroic HoR. I sigh and get ready for the pain until the ret paladin says in /party "I need to respec, I fucked up and put all 71 points in ret."

/drop group
    /doesn't get deserter debuff.

Nobody on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Is there a seperate deserter debuff apart from the "you used the random tool, can't do it again for 15m" debuff?

What I'd like to see is a "reason" box when you vote to kick. A little dropbox confirmation with reasons like "Disconnected" and "Bad Behavior" and having the game push the people with the high bad behavior ratings into groups with each other instead of with the non-asshole people.

Opty on
  • kurokazekurokaze Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Bobble wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    kurokaze wrote: »
    It just seems to be the magic number - like 4K was in vanilla
    4K unbuffed??

Yep, I remember those days. PVE gear was all useful in BG and shit. Strange times.

I dont really remember dps hitting 4k unbuffed outside of rediculously good gear. I remember tanks only hitting around 6k buffed in BWL im pretty sure. Thats quite an exaggeration there.

It might have been different on a PvE server; back in those days world pvp still existed and we didn't have any of that PvP-specific gear, so on a PvP server we didn't really consider stamina a stat that can just be ignored like non-tanks do nowadays. But yeah, basically everyone except people in bad gear (good gear being good instance blues and equivalent), mages, and people who specifically and with reservations equipped no-stamina gear such as Lionheart Helm would have 4K self-buffed. I specifically remember that Lionheart took me under 4K and I almost didn't think it was worth it. After that, though, I'm pretty sure I stayed under 4K in dps gear for the rest of Vanilla, but I was considered fairly squishy and kept four different gear sets with varying levels of not-squishiness - one for PvE DPS when I wouldn't get aggro, one for PvP, one for PvE DPS when I expected to get aggro (this includes tanking 5-mans, tanking Onyxia, Nef phase one and similar fights, and tanking many types of trash in various raids), and one for straight up boss tanking.

None of the sets were, at any point, defense capped and not one person cared because the general view - which I suspect became incorrect shortly before I quit but did not become well-known until a bit later - was that while capping defense was possible, it involved so many sacrifices in other stats that it wasn't worth it. (Translation: Greens of +defense and such.)
    Echo wrote: »
    End wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    End wrote: »
    Yeah, I did some experimenting, and I couldn't figure out a way to start getting threat without casting on the target. Obviously the hidden addon channel bit works, but let's not go back to those days.

Not needed. There's an addon channel for the party, raid and guild in the API.

And it's hidden.

Are you trying to say something new? Because you didn't.

Because when you say "hidden addon channel" you imply a throwback to ye olden days of ct_ra and its channel sharing vis a vis the modern oh fuck it where's my infraction button

Ah... memories. My guild - mainly the warriors of it, of which I was the de facto leader - had a nemesis, a mediocre tank with a huge ego who was GM or something of one of those huge recruit-everything-that-breathes guilds that tends to be 3rd to 5th in progression simply by sheer volume. One of his favorite tricks was to find out the name of one of the private channels our guild used for class coordination during raids - via moles or careless uncensored screenshots - and set his raid's CTRA to spam it in the middle of our raid.

kurokaze on
    atehim.jpg
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Is there a seperate deserter debuff apart from the "you used the random tool, can't do it again for 15m" debuff?

What I'd like to see is a "reason" box when you vote to kick. A little dropbox confirmation with reasons like "Disconnected" and "Bad Behavior" and having the game push the people with the high bad behavior ratings into groups with each other instead of with the non-asshole people.

"Bad Behavior, Disconnected, Simply wanted more randoms and fuck those guys"? :p

That's what me and my friends do. Usually the persons DPS/healing is so subpar that we're just taking our chances, because if they're really good, one of us will ask if they wanna join us for more.

The Muffin Man on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

They'd need to make a "Will of the Forsaken nerf" option.

Javen on
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    One thing I'd love to see in this game is a way to prevent people from being able to divebomb gank people.

I mean, if you're going to camp somebody, you should have to commit to it, not be able to just hover above and be able to wait until they engage mobs before divebombing down and ganking them.

Or just give people better tools for pulling down divebombers.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Perhaps a damage debuff that lasts for 5 seconds after you dismount from a flying mount?

As was discussed earlier in the thread, any form of negative feedback system would likely be abused heavily. 4 people form up, grab a random, rip up a zone, all apply negative feedback to the random regardless of performance, just because they can.

A far better idea would be a Positive feedback system that was hidden entirely from players (so no bitching out groups that "gave negatives" by not giving positives), but I'm not sure how that could really be applied to give an advantage effectively or usefully.

It'd be nice to have an Ebay style feedback rating I could see on my characters or even account wide, but at the end of the day it'd probably just be used for douchebaggery.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Will of the Forsaken nerf isn't an option it's just a fact of life I have to deal with... apparently a bunch of UD rogues on my server have been race changing to orcs and I'd like to imagine that it's because they just couldn't take the new Wotf

initiatefailure on
  • BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    MrIamMe wrote: »

This would be suicidal on my battlegroup. There's always at least one DPS that doesn't hit "enter dungeon".

Billmaan on
  • MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Billmaan wrote: »
    MrIamMe wrote: »

This would be suicidal on my battlegroup. There's always at least one DPS that doesn't hit "enter dungeon".

Thats why its fun.

MrIamMe on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    But when you exit the dungeon, doesn't it put you right back where you were?

SabreMau on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Probably with no velocity tho.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    There's always at least one DPS that doesn't hit "enter dungeon".

That was me one time, I was in que as dps on my old battlegroup for >15 min, I leave for ~1 min to tinkle and come back to just miss the accept button.

Aeyther on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Probably with no velocity tho.

I took a risk / test today and found out that if you accept while underwater, when it returns you to the world you're breath timer resets. A small thing, but seemed to be a useful thing to know. I was at the bottom of a fairly deep area, and was concerned the accept window wouldn't last long enough for me to make it to the surface, but I gave it a shot anyway.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I started gearing up my shaman as a healer after doing so on my pally, and it seems a lot easier even in my horrendous gear. I went all the way through Forge of Souls and didn't find out it was heroic until afterwards without breaking a sweat. My paladin actually has to work to keep people alive. Stupid shamans.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    In flight form, it finally puts you back into flight form. It used to dump you back in elf form ala BG queues.

Bikkstah on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh lord. Level 1 gold spammers are falling from the sky on Anvilmar Stormwind.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

Have it record when people instantly drop because it was oculus.

And then eventually it will make it so those people can only ever get Oculus as their random.

-SPI- on
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    One thing I'd love to see in this game is a way to prevent people from being able to divebomb gank people.

I mean, if you're going to camp somebody, you should have to commit to it, not be able to just hover above and be able to wait until they engage mobs before divebombing down and ganking them.

Or just give people better tools for pulling down divebombers.

We had those tools, albeit only on a few classes. But that was removed, so now they're free to be jerks until you decide to leave. I would guess Blizzard considers your departure to be the "in-game solution to the PvP conflict" that they consistently insist is always available to resolve such matters.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well my holiday time expired.

I had a lot of fun with the dungeon finder system overall. I didn't get to try it out with my 80's though...

LFG was one of my biggest irks with the game... guess I'll be subbing soon.

Jasconius on
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Huh, well I didn't exactly intend to finish that off today, but all Outland Heroics are now achieved. Of course, my paladin had already run almost all of those during TBC itself, but that was before the achievement system was implemented. I ported to Area 52 and got changed into a Female Draenei, which was pretty awesome... ran all three Coilfang instances as such before it ran out.

I found out that the first boss in Crypts apparently doesn't do *anything* when he's fought solo, which was interesting to know. Mana-Tombs recorded my only actual wipe when I ran past all the mobs in the Prince's room to try just engaging him... unfortunately, he's linked to every mob in his room. Also, the big rock guy in Mana-Tombs is a fucker with that god damn Crystal Prison eventually made me use LoH. The Prince also ended up being close to the toughest fight with all the magic damage flying around, nearly had to use LoH.

Sethek was uneventful, I was halfway through Shadow Labs when a friend of mine was bored and joined me because I was iffy about Murmur solo. We ended up duoing the rest I needed, Botanica, Arcatraz, Old Hillsbrad, Black Morass and Magister's Terrace. All except Magister's Terrace I bet I could've done solo... might've been able to do it too, just not positive.

Dranyth on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Aeyther wrote: »
    There's always at least one DPS that doesn't hit "enter dungeon".

That was me one time, I was in que as dps on my old battlegroup for >15 min, I leave for ~1 min to tinkle and come back to just miss the accept button.

For me it's usually the heal one

Brainleech on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dranyth wrote: »
    Huh, well I didn't exactly intend to finish that off today, but all Outland Heroics are now achieved. Of course, my paladin had already run almost all of those during TBC itself, but that was before the achievement system was implemented. I ported to Area 52 and got changed into a Female Draenei, which was pretty awesome... ran all three Coilfang instances as such before it ran out.

I found out that the first boss in Crypts apparently doesn't do *anything* when he's fought solo, which was interesting to know. Mana-Tombs recorded my only actual wipe when I ran past all the mobs in the Prince's room to try just engaging him... unfortunately, he's linked to every mob in his room. Also, the big rock guy in Mana-Tombs is a fucker with that god damn Crystal Prison eventually made me use LoH. The Prince also ended up being close to the toughest fight with all the magic damage flying around, nearly had to use LoH.

Sethek was uneventful, I was halfway through Shadow Labs when a friend of mine was bored and joined me because I was iffy about Murmur solo. We ended up duoing the rest I needed, Botanica, Arcatraz, Old Hillsbrad, Black Morass and Magister's Terrace. All except Magister's Terrace I bet I could've done solo... might've been able to do it too, just not positive.

I need to do them as well but I have tired and failed to solo some of them
    I can do Magister's terrace solo but it takes me a long time and I just get bored with getting my ass kicked over and over in there

Brainleech on
  • pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

MgT is cake once you know how to take the second boss. Kill 2 waves of the sparks then bubble wall the rest and take him out.

Kael on the other hand is a bitch now that LoH is connected to forbearance.

polloface on
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    polloface wrote: »

MgT is cake once you know how to take the second boss. Kill 2 waves of the sparks then bubble wall the rest and take him out.

Kael on the other hand is a bitch now that LoH is connected to forbearance.

With my friend Boomkin-ing we just nuked them before it was a problem. Kael never even start a Pyro.

Dranyth on
  • JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Was running around in southern Tanaris today and noticed there is a rather large hole in Uldum's door. How long has it been like that, I wonder? (If you say since release I will feel stupid)

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Then I will not say it, but instead heavily imply it.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Jesuits wrote: »
    Was running around in southern Tanaris today and noticed there is a rather large hole in Uldum's door. How long has it been like that, I wonder? (If you say since release I will feel stupid)
    Sir, I am sorry but you must feel stupid.

Was a good thought though. :^:
    Then I will not say it, but instead heavily imply it.
    I'll say it.

Taking it to the hoop, motherfuckers! 8-)

815165 on
This discussion has been closed.