As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LG W2361V - Trouble displaying full screen in Windows XP

SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
So.... I just got a really sweet LG monitor (W2361V) for Christmas and when trying to use it in Windows XP, I've got these black borders all around the screen when displaying in 1920x1080 and text is really grainy.

System Info:
Macbook Pro (1st generation)
ATI Radeon x1600
Connected to the monitor with a DVI-HDMI cable

Now, this is working fine and dandy in OS X, displaying in beautiful full screen 1920x1080 and I'm happy as can be. As soon as I switch to XP though, black borders everywhere. I have a pretty good feeling it's a driver issue, but I updated the driver and still had no luck. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
SlayerVin on

• Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Are your drivers up to date? I had a similar problem that was fixed with the latest drivers for my 5770.

If they are, maybe try to find the option for scaling or overscan. I'm not sure how similar the XP drivers are to W7.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Overscan fixed it a bit. It's still not completely stretched to full screen on any 16:9 resolutions and text is still really fuzzy.

I attempted to update the drivers for my video card, but Windows Update says they're the most up to date and the ATI catalyst installer says that it couldn't find a drive compatible with my hardware or OS. Frustrating...

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SlayerVin wrote: »
    Overscan fixed it a bit. It's still not completely stretched to full screen on any 16:9 resolutions and text is still really fuzzy.

I attempted to update the drivers for my video card, but Windows Update says they're the most up to date and the ATI catalyst installer says that it couldn't find a drive compatible with my hardware or OS. Frustrating...

I had a similar issue, there might be a "dot by dot" or "pixel by pixel" type setting on the monitor/tv.

I've got a Sharp HDTV connected up to my HTPC via HDMI, on the tv I have it set to "dot by dot" and it correctly doesn't try to resize or otherwise filter what's being input. It had me scratching my head a bit when I first set it up.

Also, rather than using HDMI you might just want to try it via DVI as a test.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just to let everyone know... I got it working!

All it took was an uninstall of the ATI Control Panel, ATI Driver, and monitor driver. I then re-installed the monitor driver from Windows update, then the ATI Control Panel and ATI Drivers from the Boot Camp disc and voila. Works perfectly fine full screen, wonderfully crisp text. I'm not sure why I didn't just try that in the first place, it's helped me out so many other times...

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!