As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i should have been a pole dancer

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    well what happens

do you have to do the whole thing all over again?

you get game over and you have to use a life

collect 100 dollars to get another life

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Veretas wrote: »
    I just pray it doesn't decide to throw away the script at the end like Indigo Prophecy. That was just...ugh.

I remember playing that, and at one point I hit Pause and asked my wife, "When the fuck did I buy The Matrix Online?"
    Same concept, different execution.

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    well what happens

do you have to do the whole thing all over again?

Considering the nature of the game

I imagine you wouldn't be able to seduce the guy you're trying to

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i dunno, i played a different scenario

convenience store got held up, i was sneaking up an aisle behind the criminal but i failed to catch some bottles that were falling down so he saw me

but you probably keep going, the whole game's theory seems to be to let you live with your mistakes

I thought you could fuck up so much that you die and then you control another dude/dudette instead?

and that's like how the story can be changed so much or something

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

convenience store got held up, i was sneaking up an aisle behind the criminal but i failed to catch some bottles that were falling down so he saw me

but you probably keep going, the whole game's theory seems to be to let you live with your mistakes

Well you only get a few chances to fuck up, and I'm sure the later you get into it the less forgiving it becomes, but yeah the game would suck if it strung you up by the neck everytime you didn't press the circle button.

Javen on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    you can

that dotted line means you gotta do it slow or else you mess up

happened to me at pax

do you stab yourself in the eye or something

Raneados on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    you get to play 4 characters and if you get killed as one of them, thats it, the story adjusts to it and youre done with 3 characters

if all 4 characters die the story ends there

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Javen wrote: »
    BusterK wrote: »
    Bioshock was fun but I lost interest after the change from
    Ryan as the villain
    I just didn't find the other guy interesting at all

I was just so pissed off that my desire to fucking murder that guy got me through the rest of the way

I didn't really care
    The game made me do all that shit anyway
    I wasn't any madder at
    Fontaine
    Than I was at the developers

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Wimble wrote: »

I thought you could fuck up so much that you die and then you control another dude/dudette instead?

well in that scenario you can fail at a ton of different points and the story still proceeds

watched a guy get shot by the criminal and get carted off by an ambulance, watched a guy try to beat him up but got his ass kicked

i was the only guy who got the 'optimal' scenario - talked the criminal down and got him arrested. store clerk is so grateful he gives me a bunch of potential evidence that i'm sure affects the game down the line if you don't have it, as in the other scenarios

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

Well you only get a few chances to fuck up, and I'm sure the later you get into it the less forgiving it becomes, but yeah the game would suck if it strung you up by the neck everytime you didn't press the circle button.

interesting!

I assume this is for ps3

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

well in that scenario you can fail at a ton of different points and the story still proceeds

watched a guy get shot by the criminal and get carted off by an ambulance, watched a guy try to beat him up but got his ass kicked

i was the only guy who got the 'optimal' scenario - talked the criminal down and got him arrested. store clerk is so grateful he gives me a bunch of potential evidence that i'm sure affects the game down the line if you don't have it, as in the other scenarios

goddamn I want this game

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You assume correctly

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Raneados wrote: »

interesting!

I assume this is for ps3

The demo I saw was on the ps3, I have no idea if it's exclusive though

And I feel like if the game progressed no matter what, that would make the game really, really bad. Like, insanely bad.

Javen on
  • Options
    pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Besides like, the very first screenshots released what seems like a decade ago, that video is the first thing I've seen of the game.

Between this and ME2, I HAVE to get an xbox. I thought I was good on not having to get one for awhile, but apparently not.

pillow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Exclusive to PS3

Published by Sony so no chance of going multi

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

goddamn I want this game

yeah i was on a media blackout but the quality and thoroughness of the game's execution impressed me a great deal when i played it

it's really the only game that is on my 'must-have' list

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'd like a game that progresses even after you fuck up

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    oh well goddamn, I thought it was on the xbox too.

Maybe I won't be getting either consoles for awhile, then.

pillow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    pillow wrote: »

I was referring to Heavy Rain, by the way

Bayonetta is on both, and superior on 360

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    that digital ass

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    that digital ass

P:

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2010

goddamn I want this game

yeah i was on a media blackout but the quality and thoroughness of the game's execution impressed me a great deal when i played it

I've been jonesin' for a game like this forever, it seems. RPGs like mass effect, dragon age, fallout etc just don't feel natural in the choices like this seemingly does

to me, anyways

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    NorthGuardNorthGuard Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I'm very interested in the kind of game this could turn out to be. How challenging are the, er, physical demands of the game ? My reflexes do not compare favourably with those of a parapalegic with Parkinson's, so I'd be concerned about actually being able to fully experience the game.

NorthGuard on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    pillow wrote: »

I was referring to Heavy Rain, by the way

Bayonetta is on both, and superior on 360

I was too, but I'm sure I'll get a chance to play it on a friend's ps3 or something.

I used to have a really great collection of 360 games, but unemployment took care of that rather quickly. I'm hoping to get another xbox soon for mass effect 2, and someday when games drop in price, rebuild what I used to have. I'm sure Bayonetta will be on that list.

pillow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    oh, here we go

this is more or less what i did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc0p3zvl0Xw&feature=related

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

This is the type of game I've always wanted to make.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

goddamn I want this game

Someone showed me a clip where you have to get out your boobies so you can act sexy and dance towards a lamp so you can belt the dude in the head as he has a gun or something pointed at you.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    NotACrook wrote: »

yeah, me too

i'm actually writing a noir text adventure that works off a lot of ideas i got from playing heavy rain

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This game looks entertaining but isn't anybody else getting tired of everybody shouting "OH MY GOD THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER" when it is really just a good game at best.

edit: Ori, heavy rain comes out next month !

edit edit: I'd only seen that you were in the thread and I didn't even know you were talking about heavy rain!

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

yeah, me too

i'm actually writing a noir text adventure that works off a lot of ideas i got from playing heavy rain

My narrative adventure game design document laid out a method for handling relationships and how that would affect the events of the game as it moved along a narrative path.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    makes me curious as to what happens if you fuck up the more mundane tasks like opening that box

Raneados on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Also there has got to be a ton of stuff they put in the game if there is the option to keep going after screwing up. Instead of only having to write and animate/program/everything what happens if you succeed and just make you repeat it til you beat it, they have to do everything for failing too.

That is cool.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited January 2010

My narrative adventure game design document laid out a method for handling relationships and how that would affect the events of the game as it moved along a narrative path.

that's funny, my game code has a similar method!

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    Also there has got to be a ton of stuff they put in the game if there is the option to keep going after screwing up. Instead of only having to write and animate/program/everything what happens if you succeed and just make you repeat it til you beat it, they have to do everything for failing too.

That is cool.

i wrote an article a while back about using text adventures to prototype gaming mechanics, and that's actually a central tenet of IF design

gotta spend as much effort on the failures as the successes if you want the player to feel like he's got a choice

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So is the crux of the actual gameplay just lining up lines with lines so bad things don't happen?

The storytelling looks superb though.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    makes me curious as to what happens if you fuck up the more mundane tasks like opening that box

I am imagining doing mundane tasks in a game but fucking them all up slightly. Ripping your newspaper as you open it. Spilling orange juice all over the table during breakfast. Cutting yourself shaving and then dropping the toilet paper on the wet floor as you try to get a small piece to put on the cut

I am loving this game

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    This game looks entertaining but isn't anybody else getting tired of everybody shouting "OH MY GOD THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER" when it is really just a good game at best.

Only one person does this

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Spilling orange juice all over the table during breakfast.

On the Bombcast, they were talking about how you're going to have to open the fridge, grab some orange juice, shake the controller to shake it up, then pour it into a glass

So excited

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Spilling orange juice all over the table during breakfast.

On the Bombcast, they were talking about how you're going to have to open the fridge, grab some orange juice, shake the controller to shake it up, then pour it into a glass

So excited

putting on makeup
    getting some orange juice

heavy rain 2: take an interactive piss

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg