As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Good [chat], everyone!

EchoEcho ski-bapba-dapModerator mod
edited January 2010 in MMO Extravaganza

• AstnsAstns Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Haha, thats fantastic.

Astns on
  • GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh neat, I found a Battered Hilt.

That's cool.

GPIA7R on
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You bastard.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hah, I've never been "fished" before, but today I got this email.
    Greetings,
    It has come to our attention that your account appears to have too much money, it also appears that you may be compromised from buying gold or associated with gold dealers.
    As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
    If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard employee's. This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment takes these sales quite serious.
    We strongly suspect that your account has been compromised. Before we are able to give you more information, we need to confirm that the e-mail address registered for this account is valid and authentic.
    Please use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.
    * First and Last name
    * Address
    * Zip code
    * Phone number Daytime
    * Country
    * Account e-mail
    * CD-key
    * Account name
    * Account password
    * Secret Question and Answer
    Any disputes or questions concerning this account action can only be addressed by Account Administration.
    Thank you for respecting our position on this matter.
    Blizzard Entertainment Inc
    Account Administration Team
    P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623
    Regards,
    Account Administration
    Blizzard Entertainment
    http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowaa/
    World of Warcraft , Blizzard Entertainment 2009

I sent them an email back saying "better luck next time". :P

Aside from having not played WoW in months and months, I also have never done any gold buying, and do not particularly care if my account actually does become disabled.

Anyone else get "fished" before?

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    You know, I like how they try to steal your gold by accusing you of having too much gold.

Echo on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That's the part that made me laugh a lot.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I wonder what causes spammers to target a particular email address. I've never gotten such an email to any of my email addresses. (So far as I can remember or tell.)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think they go look at people on the armoury and take a shotgun approach to emails in a hope to get one of the good ones

I have got fish emails on my ebay email for certain things to a point I had to kill it and wait it out till they forgot about it then reuse that email

Brainleech on
    edited January 2010
    Queuing as DPS at 9am sucks. My wait went from 9 minutes, to 12, to 20.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited January 2010

Ha ha
    I que turn on the background sound and look at my emails and various other sites while I wait

Brainleech on
    edited January 2010
    I don't think you get can get email addresses from the armory.

It occurs to me now, you might be able to crawl WoW-specific sites, but the ones I checked offhand have limited protections against crawling (such as showing less detail if you're not logged in).

End on
    edited January 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »

Ha ha
    I que turn on the background sound and look at my emails and various other sites while I wait

It's a slow morning. I only had 2 emails.

I decided to just get on my paladin and tank things, because instant queues are that much better.

Beyond Normal on
    edited January 2010
    End wrote: »

It occurs to me now, you might be able to crawl WoW-specific sites, but the ones I checked offhand have limited protections against crawling (such as showing less detail if you're not logged in).

Many people are dumb and list thier email in the guild websites cough cough as a yahoo chat or AIM

Brainleech on
    edited January 2010

Ha ha

It's a slow morning. I only had 2 emails.

I decided to just get on my paladin and tank things, because instant queues are that much better.

It's funny when I que my paladin I press the button and boom it comes up but then It's werid when I find out which one I got tank or healer

Brainleech on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So when is the next VoA-Boss coming out? Because Wintergrasp is dead on my server, and I think it might get some more interest then.

Grobian on
    edited January 2010
    I almost always queue up as a tank because I've grown accustomed to being the "in charge" guy. I just run in, beat shit up, move on.

Beyond Normal on
    edited January 2010
    Grobian wrote: »
    So when is the next VoA-Boss coming out? Because Wintergrasp is dead on my server, and I think it might get some more interest then.

When the arena season is over

Brainleech on
    edited January 2010
    Silly PvP, messin' up my PvE.

Beyond Normal on
  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So, the Putricide fight - like, I can understand one line or so, but have every single line of dialog be that same reference drives it into the ground for me.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Caedere wrote: »
    So, the Putricide fight - like, I can understand one line or so, but have every single line of dialog be that same reference drives it into the ground for me.

Yea, I felt the same way.

I laughed, but then I was like...ok...are you just going to rip off EVERY line from futurama?

Arch on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh wow the Armory has a lot of awesome statistics.

Largest Hit Delt: 21648.

I miss you Black Wing Lair I really really do.

On another note is questing the fastest way to level? I can only seem to quest when I get into a groove for it and any other time I have no desire to quest. Which is really disappointing because this Mage deserves to get to 80. First character and all.

EDIT: That Damage score isn't from BWL. They don't have the stats from Vanilla I forgot, dammit.

80k for me :)
    Hooray for Arcane Power + Empowered Darkness + Incanter's Invocation + trinkets + bloodlust

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

On another note is questing the fastest way to level? I can only seem to quest when I get into a groove for it and any other time I have no desire to quest. Which is really disappointing because this Mage deserves to get to 80. First character and all.

EDIT: That Damage score isn't from BWL. They don't have the stats from Vanilla I forgot, dammit.

Hooray for Arcane Power + Empowered Darkness + Incanter's Invocation + trinkets + bloodlust

Spoilered for size
    whoops.png

Oats on
    edited January 2010
    End wrote: »

Many people are dumb and list thier email in the guild websites cough cough as a yahoo chat or AIM

That's not the same thing as the armory.

End on
    edited January 2010
    Oats wrote: »

Spoilered for size
    whoops.png

399900 for me, but vehicles count for that number. :P

End on
    edited January 2010
    As does the siege of the Undercity.

Dying on Saurfang with Mark of the Fallen blahblahblah counts for healing, which is why my biggest heal is 430k.

Oats on
  • CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arch wrote: »

I laughed, but then I was like...ok...are you just going to rip off EVERY line from futurama?

They could have made all of his loot table futurama references, like they did with James Brown references on Bronjahm.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Shiny Metal Assassin's Dagger]

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Steam Pipe]

With the flavor text "No good! It's full of steam!"

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited January 2010
    Now you're making me wish they did do that.

[TOW Missile Launcher] for a tank gun.

Oats on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    A polearm called [The Finglonger].
    "So that's what life would have been like if I'd invented The Finglonger."

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I would kill for a Nibbler non-combat pet. He could eat other non-combat pets.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    I would kill for a Nibbler non-combat pet. He could eat other non-combat pets.

This would be pure distilled awesome.

End on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hey I know us druids don't need weapon skill but if I want to max it out for the achievement, is there any way outside of looking like a retard meleeing in normal form in a random dungeon?

"lol sorry guys"

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    do it outside of a dungeon.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • MEGAMERICANMEGAMERICAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hey I know us druids don't need weapon skill but if I want to max it out for the achievement, is there any way outside of looking like a retard meleeing in normal form in a random dungeon?

"lol sorry guys"

I personally do this by either becoming a furbolg (alliance only) or drinking pygmy suckerfish concoctions to become a gnome. If anyone asks I tell them its a new healing form that came with the new patch. I'm overgeared for random heroics so no one seems to care.

Except for the one tank who left because i refused to take my chef hat off and go into tree form. :P

MEGAMERICAN on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The most common suggestion seems to be tree dudes in Crystalsong, as they heal themselves.

reVerse on
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arch wrote: »

I think the folks at Blizzard are really reaching a bit too much for their cultural references.

I think it's one thing to pepper a few easter eggs in here and there, but when it becomes the norm for everything to be a reference, it loses it's luster.

ironzerg on
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    If you want to do unarmed, go find and do this quest:

http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=3454

You get an equippable quest item that does not disappear after the quest. It looks like a staff, but skills up unarmed and does zero damage. Find a level one boar, unequip all your gear with durability and right-click. You'll skill up to 400 unarmed and defense in like half an hour.

Edit: Also, how geared do you need to be for a pug group doing ICC trash rep grind?

Samphis on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    The most common suggestion seems to be tree dudes in Crystalsong, as they heal themselves.

I didn't think you could skill up that final point unless you were fighting something level 80 or higher? Or does it just take like an hour.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited January 2010
    If you're a tree druid just tell them that melee hits proc Clearcasting.

Beyond Normal on
This discussion has been closed.