As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Good [chat], everyone!

• SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    The most common suggestion seems to be tree dudes in Crystalsong, as they heal themselves.

I didn't think you could skill up that final point unless you were fighting something level 80 or higher? Or does it just take like an hour.

The final skill point just takes ages. I got it as an 80 running someone through Deadmines (as a horde--that was a long walk, since he didn't have a mount yet).

Samphis on
  • CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hey I know us druids don't need weapon skill but if I want to max it out for the achievement, is there any way outside of looking like a retard meleeing in normal form in a random dungeon?

"lol sorry guys"

I take great pride in the fact that my druid, whose main spec is melee dps, doesn't have any maxed weapon skills. Linking an empty Master of Arms achievement is always fun, almost as fun as linking an incomplete Stet Into the Arena.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I won't be posting for awhile..

Oops

Story, Spoilered for huge.
    The virtual world of online gaming seems like the perfect place to hide. There is plenty of anonymity, and it’s almost impossible for someone to trace activity back to its source, right? Wrong.

Two weeks ago, Howard County Sheriff’s Department deputy Matt Roberson tracked down a wanted fugitive through one of the most popular games on the Internet — World of Warcraft. And he got his man.

“You hear stories about you can’t get someone through the Internet,” said Roberson. “Guess what? You can. I just did. Here you are, playing World of Warcraft, and you never know who you’re playing with.”

In this case, online gamers were playing alongside Alfred Hightower, a man wanted on charges of dealing in a schedule III controlled substance and dealing in a schedule IV controlled substance, and two charges of dealing in marijuana. A warrant was issued for his arrest in 2007.

The sheriff’s department enlisted the aid of the U.S. Marshals this summer to track down a number of fugitives as part of Operation: Falcon, and Hightower was among those targeted. Unfortunately, authorities were unable to locate him. Roberson soon found out why. The suspect had skipped the country.

“I received information from a childhood friend, who tells me the guy is in Canada,” said Roberson. “I held onto the information in the back of my head. I spoke to the marshals and asked if we could confirm the guy’s location, would they help us get him? They indicated that they would.”

With the help of sheriff’s major Steve Rogers, Roberson began gathering information on Hightower through a number of sources. That is how they discovered that their suspect was a World of Warcraft fan.

“We received information that this guy was a regular player of an online game, which was referred to as ‘some warlock and witches’ game,” said Roberson. “None of that information was sound enough to pursue on its own, but putting everything we had together gave me enough evidence to send a subpoena to Blizzard Entertainment. I knew exactly what he was playing — World of Warcraft. I used to play it. It’s one of the largest online games in the world.”

Indeed, World of Warcraft is among the most popular online pastimes today, boasting more than 14 million players in dozens of countries — including Canada. But this is the Internet, and Blizzard is in California. Roberson’s subpoena was nothing more than a politely worded request, considering the limits of his law enforcement jurisdiction and the ambiguity of the online world.

“They don’t have to respond to us, and I was under the assumption that they wouldn’t,” said Roberson. “It had been three or four months since I had sent the subpoena. I just put it in the back of my mind and went on to do other things. Then I finally got a response from them. They sent me a package of information. They were very cooperative. It was nice that they were that willing to provide information.”

Blizzard did more than cooperate. It gave Roberson everything he needed to track down Hightower, including his IP address, his account information and history, his billing address, and even his online screen name and preferred server. From there it was a simple matter to zero in on the suspect’s location.

“I did a search off the IP address to locate him,” said Roberson. “I got a longitude and latitude. Then I went to Google Earth. It works wonders. It uses longitude and latitude. Boom! I had an address. I was not able to go streetside at the location, but I had him.”

Roberson and Rogers contacted the U.S. Marshals, who immediately notified the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Canadian Border Services Agency. According to Rogers, Canadian authorities located Hightower in Ottawa, Ontario, and arranged to have him deported. The marshals picked up the suspect in Minneapolis, and Howard County has until Jan. 5 to bring him back here to face charges.

“Roberson did some great work on this deal,” said sheriff Marty Talbert. “This is the first time in my seven years as sheriff that a fugitive was located in Canada. Rogers and Roberson did an outstanding job coordinating this.”

Talbert explained that this online manhunt isn’t the first time his department has ventured onto the Internet to track down a suspect. Earlier this year, sheriff’s deputies used a phone number look-up Web site to find a man in North Carolina who was wanted on charges in Howard County. In that case, authorities found their suspect through an online classified ad on Craig’s List.

“Suspects cannot be allowed to escape facing criminal charges by simply moving and relocating,” said Talbert.
    Ok, it's not really me, but it just sounded funnier that way.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • mturalonmturalon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    people never cease to amaze me in this new LFG tool. I got into Pit of Sarron yesterday afternoon, paladin healer, me (paladin tank), DK, Hunter, Mage as DPS. I bless everyone with Greater Kings, and the paladins with Greater Sanctuary. The Paladin healer proceeds to tell me I have to take off my own greater Sanc, rebless him with Greater Kings, and to bless myself with 10 min Sanc instead. I tell him to turn off his Sanc, bless him with kings and then say ok lets go. he then doesn't move at all and bitches for 4 minutes about how he NEEDS Greater Kings. o.O I told him he has kings already and lets just move it. (PoS takes all of what 15 min with a good group?) Healer continues to bitch to the point that everyone in the group is telling him to stfu because he already has kings.. I pull first mob, healer disbands.

This is followed up immediately with a H HoR run where I inform them we'll be doing the corner strat for the waves, 2 DPS say they've never done that but will go ahead anyway. We get ready and wipe on the 5th wave as Felric? joins in. I check recount, 2 of the DPS are pulling 1.1K, the other pulling 3K and me pulling 3K as the tank. I politely inform the group that we need to pick up the DPS because there is no way we are going to make this with 2 DPS barely breaking 1K. The healer then informs me that it wasn't the DPS, it was that he was having too much trouble keeping me alive and was going OOM. (I have 37K hps unbuffed with 27% dodge, 20% parry and 13% block with 551 defense) o.O The DPS then chime in saying they weren't bad DPS, but that fighting in the corner made it hard for them to break 1K. WTF?? I left, requed, got decent DPS and finished the dungeon in 15 min.

mturalon on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hmm is it worth it to get one of the herilom items to level to 80? I'm at 71 and have 5 badges on my 80 so I guess I could run a couple heroics and get it unless its to much time.

Hmm.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Leveling weapon skill:

Go to Wintergrasp, and go to the graveyard plateu in the northwest. Be unarmed or have a super low level weapon. Take all yer gear off and use a ranged spell to pull a mob.

The graveyard guys in WG give invincibility, so you can just sit there as long as you want until the mob dies. Which usually takes a long time when you have no gear on.

tehmarken on
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hmm is it worth it to get one of the herilom items to level to 80? I'm at 71 and have 5 badges on my 80 so I guess I could run a couple heroics and get it unless its to much time.

Hmm.

I think in your case, probably not. The chest and shoulders are a 20 percent xp increase but IIRC are 40 emblems apiece. You could get pvp-ish stone shard ones for I think 200 shards each, but if you only have 5 emblems on your 80 I doubt you have 400 stone keeper shards.

Bigity on
  • pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Caedere wrote: »
    So, the Putricide fight - like, I can understand one line or so, but have every single line of dialog be that same reference drives it into the ground for me.

I know what the picture in your sig is about, but where can I find a whole version of it.

And on the references, I am kinda baffled at the speed of Tyrannus' speech:
    Perhaps you should have stayed in the mountains!

polloface on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    mturalon wrote: »
    people never cease to amaze me in this new LFG tool. I got into Pit of Sarron yesterday afternoon, paladin healer, me (paladin tank), DK, Hunter, Mage as DPS. I bless everyone with Greater Kings, and the paladins with Greater Sanctuary. The Paladin healer proceeds to tell me I have to take off my own greater Sanc, rebless him with Greater Kings, and to bless myself with 10 min Sanc instead. I tell him to turn off his Sanc, bless him with kings and then say ok lets go. he then doesn't move at all and bitches for 4 minutes about how he NEEDS Greater Kings. o.O I told him he has kings already and lets just move it. (PoS takes all of what 15 min with a good group?) Healer continues to bitch to the point that everyone in the group is telling him to stfu because he already has kings.. I pull first mob, healer disbands.

This is followed up immediately with a H HoR run where I inform them we'll be doing the corner strat for the waves, 2 DPS say they've never done that but will go ahead anyway. We get ready and wipe on the 5th wave as Felric? joins in. I check recount, 2 of the DPS are pulling 1.1K, the other pulling 3K and me pulling 3K as the tank. I politely inform the group that we need to pick up the DPS because there is no way we are going to make this with 2 DPS barely breaking 1K. The healer then informs me that it wasn't the DPS, it was that he was having too much trouble keeping me alive and was going OOM. (I have 37K hps unbuffed with 27% dodge, 20% parry and 13% block with 551 defense) o.O The DPS then chime in saying they weren't bad DPS, but that fighting in the corner made it hard for them to break 1K. WTF?? I left, requed, got decent DPS and finished the dungeon in 15 min.
    To be fair, the alcove strat really reduces visibility and ability to avoid aoe damage like flamestrikes. I haven't used it since the first week.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Also HoR is tough on healers.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
    edited January 2010
    neither of which explain the terrible DPS and the mages were the first mobs down every time they were in a wave. I mean sure, I can kind of understand how it limits your ability to see if you are all crammed into a corner, but 1K DPS? really? The reason the healer was running out of mana was the fact that 2 of the DPS did almost less than half of the tank. Of course you will have mana issues when it takes 10 minutes to clear 1 wave.

Now is it that much easier just standing in the room? How do you handle getting all the mobs stacked up? just charge the mage/healer and hope the rest run in? Aside from this one group, I've always pulled in the corner and have had no issues with it, granted that's with DPS pulling >2K each

mturalon on
    edited January 2010
    I pull in the alcoves. You can't expect DPS to do things like CC/silence these days.

Bigity on
    edited January 2010
    this is why i pull to the alcove every time. If I can't rely on a healer to keep me alive with my tank stats, and DPS to pull more than 1K DPS, how am I to trust them to CC anything?

mturalon on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I got HOR for my Random Heroic last night.

But it went well because the healer (priest) was good and actually used CC, which made the place SO much easier.

shryke on
    edited January 2010
    You're right, the DPS sucked. But, the healer had a point. HoR is hard as fuck to heal. Especially if you can't remove poison.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    H HoR makes me want to level a shaman to heal with instead of my druid. Cleansing totem is so awesome :\

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    The most common suggestion seems to be tree dudes in Crystalsong, as they heal themselves.

I did that just the other day, Seal of Light, took off almost all of my gear except for my shield and a couple other high armor pieces, then just sat there punching a tree in the face, luckily not hard enough that he'd ever run out of mana from Rejuvs (like the first one did when I had all my gear on.) Went from about 355 to 400, the last point took around... 20 minutes I think? Close to that, I'll have to look at the screenshot I took when I got the achievement and see the timestamps. And that was on a level 77 mob.

On Halls of Reflection, I fucking hate the alcove strat, the hallway is soooo much better, assuming the healer isn't an idiot and actually knows how to LoS behind the braziers between waves.

Healer died because she never healed herself (and this was on regular), we finished that wave, the wave after, *and* Falric, without a healer. She left group by that point because we hadn't wiped yet.

Dranyth on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    Also HoR is tough on healers.

Yeah, I'm at 80% mana after five waves.

:P

Echo on
    edited January 2010
    I like the hallway too but I can't expect PUG people to LOS in there properly. Heck, the last time a ret pally ran out into the room, picked up 2 mobs and stayed out in the middle. The other two dps both attacked a different mob from each other AND the ret paladin.

Bigity on
  • kurokazekurokaze Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    There's never more than two ranged mobs in the waves as far as I've seen, so at worst, just CC or interrupt or silence one and tank on top of wherever the other ends up and there's no need to LoS anything. Also, the ranged mobs don't just blast you from max range or anything; they'll get pretty close (15 yards-ish) even if you just ignore them, so if your group sets up in the entrance hallway, most of the clumping up of the mobs just kind of naturally happens.

The corner could actually be a semi-valid excuse for low DPS if the DPS in question is a hunter who has mediocre to poor adaptation ability / situational awareness; it's quite a pain in the ass. I can't see how anyone else would be greatly affected in their capacity to DPS (though the corner is awful for healing because many of the mobs AoE, and makes tanking and CC/silences a pain because you can hardly see what the hell is going on).

kurokaze on
    atehim.jpg
    edited January 2010
    It's not even an excuse for that. You stay in the corner until they all run up, then spread out. It's not keeping them together that I want help with, it's getting them together in the first place. I can handle mobs that step back or blink out to cast. I can't get 4-5 mobs together before someone dies with 2 taunts and a 30s (or 15s) DnD.

Bigity on
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think people misunderstand the LOS thing. Being in the alcove does not prevent you from picking up agro from the spawns. What is does is make the ranged mobs run around the corner to target you, thus everything ends up in a tight group, instead of spread out through the entire room.

In theory, this should make it easier for the DPS to do their thing, not harder. Once the waves spawns, and all the mobs are up past the steps, there's no reason to stay tucked away. You should go back to "business as usual" until the mobs are dead, and then tuck back in a corner until the next wave spawns.

I've done this as a healer and DPS, and I've seen way too many people, including tanks, that think the LOS trick is going to stop anyone tucked in the alcove from getting spawn agro. That's just not true. Please, do us all a favor and spread the word next time you're in HoR.

ironzerg on
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    There can be more then 2 ranged in a wave, I've seen a wave with 3 mages once. Just once, granted, but it wasn't fun.

While it does make it harder to see whats going on in the corner, it's not impossible. Since I'm always tanking the damn place, in my opinion the advantage of having all the mobs bunched up at once is worth the extra effort in seeing what's goig on. However it does sound like that's a bitch on the healers, so probably next time I run the place I'll see how much harder it is to gather everything using the hallway.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
    edited January 2010
    Bigity wrote: »
    It's not even an excuse for that. You stay in the corner until they all run up, then spread out. It's not keeping them together that I want help with, it's getting them together in the first place. I can handle mobs that step back or blink out to cast. I can't get 4-5 mobs together before someone dies with 2 taunts and a 30s (or 15s) DnD.

Quoted for the tank perspective. This is exactly what the LOS trick does. It brings the mobs together to one spot.

ironzerg on
  • MEGAMERICANMEGAMERICAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    EWom wrote: »
    H HoR makes me want to level a shaman to heal with instead of my druid. Cleansing totem is so awesome :\

What? Is using abolish poison really that hard to do? I've never had a problem healing H HoR on my druid no matter how bad the pugs were. Cleansing totem is better but it should really only save you a single global cooldown. Rogues should be top on the kill list anyway because they do a stupid amount of damage and can stun the tank.

The first boss fight is easy. Keep a rejuv on everyone then put a wild growth up right before the fear.

On my hunter I'd use freezing arrow for each wave. I'd trap someone 80% of the waves which made it much easier.

MEGAMERICAN on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The Alcove Strat for HOR is nothing more then a way to LOS pull the waves.

You remember LOS pulls right? ....right???

shryke on
    edited January 2010
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Bigity wrote: »

Quoted for the tank perspective. This is exactly what the LOS trick does. It brings the mobs together to one spot.

yeah this is why I use that strat. I always thought it made more sense for them to run to you then to have to run around and CC and all that jazz. Typically I'll consecrate, wait for the first mob to round the corner, hit judgement, then follow up with my hammer of the righteous (by this time 1 or more have joined the first) and follow that up with an avengers shield aimed at the straggling caster if there is one. I've never had aggro issues doing this, and by the time everything is dead, consecrate, hammer and shield are all of CD anyway so you're ready to go for round 2.

and if the DPS/healer aren't smart enough to move out of whatever AE is going on, or to move so they can perform their DPSly duties (hunters moving out to shoot) etc each wave then I don't want to be in that group to begin with... hence why I left the suck DPS and OOM Healer as soon as I rezd

mturalon on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've never done the alcove strat, and have never seen a need to. I guess it can be helpful if no one in your group knows how to play their class, though.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    In a pug, I pretty much assume that with the exception of myself and my role, no one else in the group will know theirs. It's worked fairly well for me so far.

mturalon on
    edited January 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    I've never done the alcove strat, and have never seen a need to. I guess it can be helpful if no one in your group knows how to play their class, though.

One day, our Epeens will be as massive as yours, and we won't need strategies for any fights.

Until then, as long as everyone understands the LOS strategy, it can make HoR much easier to manage.

ironzerg on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »

When doing random pugs always assume that the other 4 people in your group are idiots and have ebayed their accounts, plan acordingly.

Then for each one that is compitent you can be plesantly suprised, but never caught by surprise.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
    edited January 2010
    Decomposey wrote: »
    There can be more then 2 ranged in a wave, I've seen a wave with 3 mages once. Just once, granted, but it wasn't fun.

While it does make it harder to see whats going on in the corner, it's not impossible. Since I'm always tanking the damn place, in my opinion the advantage of having all the mobs bunched up at once is worth the extra effort in seeing what's goig on. However it does sound like that's a bitch on the healers, so probably next time I run the place I'll see how much harder it is to gather everything using the hallway.

In classic, we always had our backs against the wall, and we liked it! You wanna get knocked back into another group of mobs? No!? Well, then you're going to stare at your own ass for a while, buck-o!

Pshh, these kids and their Wrath of the Lich King.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nah, it's nothing to do with epeen. (seriously, me have an epeen? yeah right) I just haven't seen the need for it yet. Even in pugs. I guess I've been lucky, but just cc'ing one of the ranged seems like more than enough in terms of keeping things under control.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My highest hit so far is a 30k kill shot on faction champs, and I'm not even that geared for arp.

What has been pissing me off lately is pug tanks. You always see them whining on the forums about bad dps, then when you actually can do like 5k dps in heroics they can't hold agro and whine some more.

They need to add in a 100 mini pet achievement already, I'm pining for a loque'nahak pup. I think that would be awesome.

Jars on
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I just wish people would actually let me CC in HoR. Half the time when I repentance or TE a mob it either gets AoE'd out of it or pull back in. I remember one time seeing a DPS DK Death Grip a hunter back into the group.

We actually got through that part and then died to the Lich King because the tank didn't keep aggro, inevitably one of the DPS died and we didn't have enough DPS to kill the adds before LK got to us.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Last night I queued for a random heroic on my Hunter, it came up Oculus. I said "fuck" out loud and mentally prepared myself for the worst.

First thing I saw when I got past the loading screen was the healer dropping group, then the tank pulled the first 2 packs of trash before dropping group and getting the other 2 DPS killed(Feign Death ftw). I'm lead so I say fuck it and put us into the queue for replacements, we get another healer and tank, healer drops instantly, get yet another healer, tank and healer both drop now.

Requeue yet again and get a third tank and fourth healer, we got Make It Count.

Soundwave on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    mturalon wrote: »
    In a pug, I pretty much assume that with the exception of myself and my role, no one else in the group will know theirs. It's worked fairly well for me so far.

on a side note re: HHoR, I think I mentioned this earlier, but I got it as a random on my pally, saw the healer put up his afk flag and saw the ret pally say in /party "lol I need to respec, I put all 71 points in ret"

I didn't feel bad at all about dropping the group.

Nobody on
  • kurokazekurokaze Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ironzerg wrote: »
    I think people misunderstand the LOS thing. Being in the alcove does not prevent you from picking up agro from the spawns. What is does is make the ranged mobs run around the corner to target you, thus everything ends up in a tight group, instead of spread out through the entire room.

In theory, this should make it easier for the DPS to do their thing, not harder. Once the waves spawns, and all the mobs are up past the steps, there's no reason to stay tucked away. You should go back to "business as usual" until the mobs are dead, and then tuck back in a corner until the next wave spawns.

I've done this as a healer and DPS, and I've seen way too many people, including tanks, that think the LOS trick is going to stop anyone tucked in the alcove from getting spawn agro. That's just not true. Please, do us all a favor and spread the word next time you're in HoR.

What? Who said that? The rationale behind the corner trick is that it gathers the mobs in one Dnd/Consecrate-sized clump, obviously. This is its sole advantage. Its disadvantages are numerous, and speaking as a tank, if you have trouble getting the mobs in such a clump when using the front hallway (as opposed to the center, which is actually a bit iffy), you might want to check your level of competence before bashing others'. Yes, it means you have to actually think a bit on your feet and adapt to the situation in order to get that clump, but that shouldn't be an issue, right?

And to the person who listed DK abilities as if they weren't good enough to tank the fight in the open: no. Two ranged taunts is more than warriors and druids get, and paladins and druids don't have anything nearly as good as Strangulate or Mind Freeze. Druids have by far the least ability to actively control the clump. And yet, the person who first showed me how much better tanking outside the alcove was was a Bear.

So how exactly does having to tuck in a corner where the mobs are, according to the strat, going to walk directly on top of you, then having to move out of that corner to do any DPS - combined with just generally being close in with the way the hunters and mages and rogues randomly run around a bit - make it easier to DPS for a class that can do essentially no DPS within melee range, very little while moving, and gains an extra damage bonus if you spend long enough holding still?

Regarding CC: When I first did HoR on my hunter, the tank (who couldn't hold threat worth a damn anyway) insisted on the alcove strat. You can't really pick and choose CC while hiding in the alcove, but I shot out freezing arrows in places that looked likely to trap something-or-other. After doing this through a couple pulls, he basically said 'hunter wtf r u doing' (you can always tell a bad by if they use your class's name as if it were your name) and eventually it came out that he simply believed that any attempt to CC was somehow some huge faux pas on the order of pulling extra packs or doing 200 DPS. He also said we had to kill the mages last (and certainly not CC them, not that I wouldn't CC the hunter given the ability to actually choose) because 'i can spell reflect them.' Yeah, that spell reflect is sure helping against the flamestrike that just killed your healer. Good times.

Final note: If you guys that use the corner trick regularly in PUGs don't frequently and often have it totally ruined by randoms not getting far enough in the corner and/or by mobs getting initial aggro on pets which can't really get all the way in the corner reliably, you've had much better luck with it than I. You can claim all you want that if you tell your group to stay in the front hallway you'll get some dumb paladin who charges into the center, but it takes a lot less dumb to screw up the LoS pull than it does to do some spectacular Leroy Jenkins shit.

kurokaze on
    atehim.jpg
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Jars wrote: »
    My highest hit so far is a 30k kill shot on faction champs, and I'm not even that geared for arp.

What has been pissing me off lately is pug tanks. You always see them whining on the forums about bad dps, then when you actually can do like 5k dps in heroics they can't hold agro and whine some more.

They need to add in a 100 mini pet achievement already, I'm pining for a loque'nahak pup. I think that would be awesome.
    Your threat is your responsibility.

815165 on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »

Your threat is your responsibility.

Yes. I was in a pug this weekend where the dps were whining about the tank being bad but opening up immediately on the mobs with AOE etc. The tank was def capped but in blues and 200 purps so as a healer I let a couple dps die from aggro and told them why afterwards. We ended up getting through the instance fine after that.

Jubal77 on
This discussion has been closed.