THE GREAT BACKLOG CHALLENGE
Thread #2! Original thread here
You've all seen these threads before: gamers buy too many games, life interrupts, games go unplayed. I'll take it a step further: I'm an addict. I spend more money on games than I should. I never put as much time into a game as I'd really like, as there's always something new to pull my attention.
Thus, I hereby resolve not to spend another dime on games until I finish this backlog. I'm going to rely on all of you to keep me on the straight and narrow; if you catch me posting in a thread for some hot new game, bitchslap me back to the list. But, why do it alone? I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. Thus, the idea for The Challenge is Born!
So, here's how it works. If you're down for the Great Backlog Challenge, here are the rules!RULES OF THE CHALLENGE
STATUS UPDATE SYSTEM
- By joining in the Challenge, you are agreeing to follow all rules of the Backlog Challenge.
- Until completion of all Game Goals, you agree to spend NO money on new video games. (Exceptions for MMO fees, Goozex trades (so long as you are not buying Goozex points), DLC, Gift Cards, etc.)
- You are responsible for keeping your backlog status up to date; let us know how you're doing!
So, rather than percentages, let's move to an x/y format. So, here are the codes for keeping me sane:
- !Signup in Lime. If you post your backlog here, I'll link it in the Op.
- !UpdateStatus, x/y in Cyan. Let us know how you're doing!
- !FallOffTheWagon, x/y in Red. Man up and tell us when your total games increases. We promise not to berate you too much.
Feel free to give advice on what games people should be playing! So, who's game? HALL OF FAMEYamiNoSenshi
- 54 Games CompletedFUN FACTS!
- In Thread One, !Signup appears 72 times!
- !Status appears 77 times!
- !FallOffTheWagon appears 79 times!