As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You think this letter on my head stands for [Awesome Moments]?! NSF56K

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think that issue came out after the Absolute Edition, around the same time the New Frontier DVD came out.

Hopefully one day DC will release the Absolutely Absolute Edition, collecting not only the original series and that special, but Countdown: Arena as well.

Munch on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Is the New Frontier world a part of the multiverse?

TexiKen on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, they've said that it is. But in my opinion its rather silly to label it as such, because I can't see them doing anything with it. I mean, its just a very traditional silver-age story. A crossover would be a bit redundant.

Lucascraft on
    edited January 2010
    Sadly, yes.

Munch on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    oh man, colossus' death was really good. i haven't seen those pages for years, and i forgot they quoted his first appearance. nicely done.

ALSO kyle baker's plastic man is one of the best superhero books dc ever put out. it has my all-time favorite time travel plot twist wherein the heroes inadvertently screw up the timeline so bad that they have to kill abe lincoln to fix it. that is absolute genius.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Speaking of Cooke, have yous read his adaptation of The Hunter yet? So good.

igykqv.jpg

2hmkg9x.jpg
    2vhswu8.jpg

LordSolarMacharius on
    edited January 2010
    oh man the way you don't see parker's face for so long was amazing.

i cannot wait for the next book, because the man with the getaway face/the outfit is all parker being badass.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Everyone NEEDS to run that Darwyn Cooke stand-alone issue of Jonah Hex that came out last month. It's amazing, even if you don't like Western comics or know who Jonah Hex is.

Hensler on
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cooke did another Hex issue? Hot damn.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ShadowoftheBatAnnual03-10.jpg

Robos A Go Go on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2010
    maybe bruce shouldn't put that handle on the outside

or just stand there with the shower hitting his dick

Garlic Bread on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Alfred 'Cold Water on the Groin' Pennyworth

Xaquin on
    edited January 2010
    oh, i thought he was just having a Monster Pee in the shower

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Annnnnnnd now we know what Servo looks like while peeing

If it hurts coming out, you've done something wrong Servo

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited January 2010
    also, bruce looks a lot like nightwing there

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2010
    is it the butt

Garlic Bread on
    edited January 2010
    it sure is

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Servo wrote: »
    also, bruce looks a lot like nightwing there

I thought it was Nightwing at first, and Alfred was clearly suffering from amnesia ...

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    For the man who is always prepared, that shower shows a shocking lack of foresight.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
    edited January 2010
    are you kidding? it's labeled hot, warm, and cold! every setting a man could want!

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Silver_MageSilver_Mage Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    false. Hot, warm, cold, and fuck.

Silver_Mage on
    edited January 2010
    Please don't swear!!

Garlic Bread on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    For the man who is always prepared, that shower shows a shocking lack of foresight.

I'm sure that was the emergency bat-shower controls we see Alfred using. Surely there is another one within the shower itself. Only Batman would live a life so bizzare that his life could depend on someone else adjusting the temperature of his shower water from the outside.

The question is really: Where are the other 3 dozen emergency bat-back up shower control panels located around the globe?

Caveman Paws on
    edited January 2010
    Keith wrote: »

The number of women Bruce Wayne's slept with is probably into the triple digits by now. And at least a quarter of those are supervillains.

After sticking your dick into Carapaxia, Queen of the Ant-Women, you want a showerhead that'll really scrub away any metaSTDs.

Munch on
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Kris_xK wrote: »

I'm sure that was the emergency bat-shower controls we see Alfred using. Surely there is another one within the shower itself. Only Batman would live a life so bizzare that his life could depend on someone else adjusting the temperature of his shower water from the outside.

The question is really: Where are the other 3 dozen emergency bat-back up shower control panels located around the globe?

Ah, his backup BatShower Controls, lest some nefarious supervillian reverse the controls on his main BatShower.

It all makes sense now. Hell, it seems downright logical.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »

The number of women Bruce Wayne's slept with is probably into the triple digits by now. And at least a quarter of those are supervillains.

After sticking your dick into Carapaxia, Queen of the Ant-Women, you want a showerhead that'll really scrub away any metaSTDs.

Rather than normal water, the shower head actually shoots a combination of penicillin and holy water.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited January 2010
    The amount of times post-Frank Miller Batman has smiled (while not in his Bruce Wayne disguise) could probably only fill one issue.

It's just so rare.

There's that scene, the end of the Killing Joke, and...........

TexiKen on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    The amount of times post-Frank Miller Batman has smiled (while not in his Bruce Wayne disguise) could probably only fill one issue.

It's just so rare.

There's that scene, the end of the Killing Joke, and...........

You can find plenty of smiling Batman in GENERATIONS, GENERATIONS 2, GENERATIONS 3, and the BATMAN/CAPTAIN AMERICA crossover book.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited January 2010
    Is Generations in continuity or just something for Byrne to play with before he burned his bridge at DC?

And the company crossovers never count, unless you're Image and you actually use the crossover to define origins for your characters (ie WildCATS/X-Men)

TexiKen on
    edited January 2010
    WildC.A.T.S/Aliens definitely counted.

Generations was definitely out-of-continuity. If Byrne hadn't napalmed his relationship with DC, there's no doubt in my mind it would have been one of the 52 (whether that's a good thing is up for debate). All of the Generations material is well done, though.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited January 2010
    WildC.A.T.S/Aliens definitely counted.

Yeah, that was the book where Warren Ellis tried to take over the Wildstorm Universe, wasn't it?

Hensler on
    edited January 2010
    Some random goodness from BATMAN/CAPTAIN AMERICA (disregard some of the terrible, terrible dialogue):

33n7psj.jpg

mjmjk7.jpg

10pxef5.jpg

ims50n.jpg

2qtvj2b.jpg

309rds7.jpg

15hegsy.jpg

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited January 2010
    I take it Busiek was referencing (or at least a nod to) this in JLA/Avengers when they fought?

TexiKen on
    edited January 2010
    Maybe? BAT/CAP was done in 1996. I'd guess that it's just a general feeling among a certain breed of writers (like Byrne or Busiek) that Cap would have a slight edge over Batman.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Captain America would have Batman in a fight. Have him hard. The man can angle his body around gunfire for christ's sake, and can take on Spider-Man in hand to hand. I like the whole "analyzing each other before deciding that to fight would be pointless," but on paper Cap should win in a straight combat.

Solar on
    edited January 2010
    Here's a smiling Batman, from the Made of Wood Story in Detective Comics (it's a real good story)

dc786a.jpg

dc786b.jpg

TexiKen on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wow, that is great.

DouglasDanger on
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Agreed. I can see the classic GL working with Batman more than the Hal one.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
    edited January 2010
    Krypto is so cool!

ac789a.jpg

ac789b.jpg

Superman gets beat up by a cop!

nw42a.jpg

And Nightwing asks if Bruce has any Grey Poupon:

nw42b.jpg

nw42c.jpg

Faith and begorrah, Banshee smokes and still has(had) pipes like this:

uxm316a.jpg

uxm316b.jpg

uxm316c.jpg

TexiKen on
    edited January 2010
    I've always loved Banshee and he was awesome in those Phalanx. I'd kill for a new version of Gen X to take the place of New Mutants when it inevitably gets canceled, but it would just get screwed up.

Hensler on
This discussion has been closed.