As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ULTRA9000!]SUPERTEAM ASSEMBLE GO!

2»

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I love this thread and the ideas posted, so here's a more forum appropriate team. Blame this on Soviet Phalla.

The Iron Curtain

The Iron Curtain represents the interests of the Soviet Union on a global scale, which has risen to a global superpower due in no small part of it's superhero population. The Iron Curtain is the premier super group, though there are several smaller groups active.

Red Son Superman
    supered03.jpg

Superman landed in the Soviet Union, as depicted in the graphic novel Red Son. Joined by several other super heroes with the Party's interest in mind, he is the field leader of the team. His near godlike powers and genius intelligence make him the symbol of the Soviet Union.

Colossus
    AstonColossus.png

Piotr Rasputin never learned of Charles Xavier's dream. Instead, he was drafted into the Red Army. He rose through the ranks quickly, partially thanks to his mutant gene, and was invited (drafted) to The Iron Curtain upon it's creation. His mutant powers allow him to turn his body into organic steel.

Black Widow
    400px-Ultimates07.jpg

Natasha Romanova is a former KGB agent who now serves on The Iron Curtain. Dangerous as she is beautiful, she has been instrumental in many of the team's victories. She has the latest in cybernetic enhancements and is a lethal assassin. Unbeknownst to the rest of the team, she is there to remove them if they go rogue.

Perun
    perunfe4.png

Real name unknown, Perun was once just another cog in the communist machine. Part of the Red Army, he distinguished himself enough to be chosen to become the test subject of Project: Perun. Given a highly advanced force belt, and channeling his power through a hammer and sickle, Perun was granted powers on par with Thor.

Red Star
    RedStarTT38.JPG

Leonid Konstantinovitch Kovar is part of a new generation of Soviets. Alien energies empowered him in his teens, granting him superhuman strength, speed, and endurance. He is also able to transform himself into raw energy, which allows him to form and redirect energy. He is the young star of the team.

Captain Anatoly Fyodorovich Krimov
    Krimov.jpg

The commander of The Iron Curtain. While Superman leads the team on the field, Krimov coordinates missions and ensures all goes smoothly with government and public relations. He's a crackshot with a pistol, and loves cigars. He was once known as Red Star, before Kovar took that name.

---

I knew I'd get flack for not including Skies of Arcadia for my previous team..but I unfortunately never played it. :P

Shamus on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    YOu made a team called the Iron Curtain, yet no mention of the Rocket Red Brigade.

Shame.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    TEAM HOLY SHIT WTF!!

Putting all our eggs in one super basket.

Superman
    Superman.jpg

Hyperion
    HYP001_COV_COL.jpg

Apollo
    Apollox.jpg

Sentry
    394px-Newaveng9.jpg

Invincible and Omni Man
    ComInvincibleLibVol1HC.jpg

Miracleman
    miracleman01.jpg

am I missing anyone?

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    TEAM HOLY SHIT WTF!!

Superman

Hyperion

Apollo

Sentry

Invincible and Omni Man

Miracleman

am I missing anyone?

Captain Marvel. Also, the team should be renamed "Team Deus Ex Machina".

EDIT: Fine, images are gone. In my defense, I posted that quickly before I left work.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Don't quote huge strings of images, especially when the post is right above yours. It's fucking obnoxious.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hank Pym presents Hank Pym and the Hank Pym Experience (Featuring Hank Pym)

Hank Pym AKA Yellowjacket
    Eager to start his own super-team (Hey, Tony and Reed and That fucker Cap already have them, and hank is so much better and smarter and cooler) Hank gathers a group of like minded individuals. The problem is, like minded individuals for Hank Pym means "huge dicks."

Wonder Man(Simon Williams)
    If ever there was someone to serve in Hank Pym's superteam, it was Simon Williams. Wonder Man serves as the team's face, appearing in public to cover up the obvious dick moves of his coworkers. He does not convince people to not view the team as dicks.

Hal Jordan
    Every team has a Green Lantern, and no GL properly captures the vibe of HPpHPatHPE(fHP) like Hal Jordan. He and his "Hal Jordan special" provide the team with the proper muscle.

Namor
    Prince of Atlantis, Hero of World War II, Lover of Sue Storm, and oh yeah, huge asshole, Namor provides atlantis as a hideout for the Team, who are no doubt wanted dead by everyone.

Hawkman
    Bare-chested, angry, conservative, and loud, Hawkman serves as the Flyer of the team.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Namor can fly and Simon can jump really high and really far so hawkman isn't the only "flier" technically.

*Removes his "rules lawyer" butt plug*

Other than that it's a cool team! You should add the Irredemable Ant Man!

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Memory serves, Pym is really a dick though. Is Kirkman's Antman likable in the slightest?

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Someone else said it in the last thread, but damn if it isn't the best idea ever so I'm going to mention it here.

Hulk, the Thing and the Juggernaut.

One word to describe this: FUCKBLAMMO!

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Namor can fly and Simon can jump really high and really far so hawkman isn't the only "flier" technically.

I thought of him after I posted. Also good point on Hawkman, but Hawkman's a dick, so he's still on the team.

Yes, Eric O'Grady does indeed fit on the team. Also, Who better to serve as coordinator for a group of government friendly heroes than the former head of one of the largest paramilitary organizations on earth? Someone with power, resources, and skill to make the team unstoppable? That's right, director of SHIELD, super secret agent, and powerful sex symbol...

mariahill.png
    Maria Hill.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    My favorite team that ever showed up in comics was Daredevil, Spider-Man, Cage and Iron Fist.

It lead to the best scene ever where Spidey was all like "Screw this, I'm going home, I have a hot wife and I don't need to be here."

And Danny said "Does he really have a hot wife? I thought he was gay."

Luke: "Dude, you wear booties."

Danny: "They were a gift!"

Luke: "Yeah, from a guy."

Daredevil wasn't saying much, but he kicked ass all issue so it was ok.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Where's Sars_Boy with his new Young Justice?

I tried to think of a Young Masters of Evil, but all I got was Noh-Varr and a brand new Paste Pot Pete who spends his off time huffing his adhesives.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    He shot in and out of Birds of Thread with a "Thanks Assholes". Somebody named Dodge will be on it. Damn my lack of DC knowledge.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

I thought of him after I posted. Also good point on Hawkman, but Hawkman's a dick, so he's still on the team.

Yes, Eric O'Grady does indeed fit on the team. Also, Who better to serve as coordinator for a group of government friendly heroes than the former head of one of the largest paramilitary organizations on earth? Someone with power, resources, and skill to make the team unstoppable? That's right, director of SHIELD, super secret agent, and powerful sex symbol...

mariahill.png
    Maria Hill.

ROFLZ :lol

My favorite team that ever showed up in comics was Daredevil, Spider-Man, Cage and Iron Fist.

It lead to the best scene ever where Spidey was all like "Screw this, I'm going home, I have a hot wife and I don't need to be here."

And Danny said "Does he really have a hot wife? I thought he was gay."

Luke: "Dude, you wear booties."

Danny: "They were a gift!"

Luke: "Yeah, from a guy."

Daredevil wasn't saying much, but he kicked ass all issue so it was ok.
    Dude! What issue is that!?! I must know!1

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It's in issue 60.

Here is the page:

dd6016nb8.jpg

Edit: Man Spidey, take your own advice, huh?

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Hank Pym presents Hank Pym and the Hank Pym Experience (Featuring Hank Pym)

Hank Pym AKA Yellowjacket
    Eager to start his own super-team (Hey, Tony and Reed and That fucker Cap already have them, and hank is so much better and smarter and cooler) Hank gathers a group of like minded individuals. The problem is, like minded individuals for Hank Pym means "huge dicks."

Wonder Man(Simon Williams)
    If ever there was someone to serve in Hank Pym's superteam, it was Simon Williams. Wonder Man serves as the team's face, appearing in public to cover up the obvious dick moves of his coworkers. He does not convince people to not view the team as dicks.

Hal Jordan
    Every team has a Green Lantern, and no GL properly captures the vibe of HPpHPatHPE(fHP) like Hal Jordan. He and his "Hal Jordan special" provide the team with the proper muscle.

Namor
    Prince of Atlantis, Hero of World War II, Lover of Sue Storm, and oh yeah, huge asshole, Namor provides atlantis as a hideout for the Team, who are no doubt wanted dead by everyone.

Hawkman
    Bare-chested, angry, conservative, and loud, Hawkman serves as the Flyer of the team.

Where's that Gyrich fellow?

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    All right, resurecting this thread to post my X-Men team who would be sure to get Uncanny or Astonishing cancelled since only I would buy it.

Co-Team Leader: Beast (Hank McCoy)
    beastle6.gif
    Yeah thats right boys and girls. Back to his pre-cat look and finally getting his shot in the driver's seat. The big blue furball has been my favorite X-Man since I was a kid and he rarely gets the spotlight, so I'm fixin that!

Co-Team Leader: Shadowcat (Kitty Pride)
    shadowcatcomics1zg2.jpg
    This one's much more likely to happen, anyone reading Astonishing knows she is ready.

Colossus (Piotr Rasputin)
    396pxastonishing6hv8.jpg
    He and Kitty are a package deal, plus the team needs a tank.

Husk (Paige Guthrie)
    398pxhuskuxmko2.jpg
    Token C-lister coming into her own. Always loved her powers. And this would be a chance to wash out the taste of her abuse at the hands of Chuck Austen.

Elixir (Josh Foley)
    elixirheadip6.jpg
    My fave of the new new mutants. His abrasive personality is an interesting juxtaposition to his powers as a healer. He would totally hit on Paige constantly too since he digs older women.

Cannonball (Sam Guthrie)
    396pxxxm24lo6.jpg
    Team needs a flier, plus him and Paige together makes for an interesting sub-dynamic in the team.

Sunspot (Roberto da Costa)
    sunspotig4.jpg
    No reason other than I like him.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    TEAM HOLY SHIT WTF!!

Superman

Hyperion

Apollo

Sentry

Invincible and Omni Man

Miracleman

am I missing anyone?

Captain Marvel. Also, the team should be renamed "Team Deus Ex Machina".

EDIT: Fine, images are gone. In my defense, I posted that quickly before I left work.

If you wanted to get into the 30th century material, you could add Mon-el/Valor and Andromeda/Laurel Gand as well.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!