As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

AC CHALLENGE Thread 18: Back to the Retrofuture [ VOTE ]

2»

• Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I was thinking Retrofuture from a Greek(or at least village-ish) perspective?

Robot cutting wood throwing it into the clockwork furnace mountain, giving power to the wireless energy beacon, while some old guy shepherds his sheep with his robot sheep dog.
    But the detail(at least in the linework) was left out because of time. I really wanted to get this out there so i can focus on exams without sweating about it.

I'm working on my backgrounds alot lately though, i hope i'll get them one day(i'm not above asking for help, seeing that they are a boon if a boon ever was.). I just thought Robot Paul Bunyan was funny looking enough, and simplistic enough as to not detract from Shepherd, which was my basic idea for the piece.

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Quick fix, remove the furthest hills and just have sky. They're very unfinished looking, add very little and it'd open it up more without them.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In the future mountains are made out of plastic with awkward looking bushes placed randomly.

But i really can't give this thing any more of my time atm, it just is what it is i guess. I may come back at some point and put the detail it needs into it, but until then enjoy my gross 90's image comics background.

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    Jake!Jake! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thane: I like aspects of that, but I think you should've played with the future/past a little more separately. Anyway, the main reason why I'm saying this is that I'm going to steal aspects of this, and make an illustration based off it :P

Jake! on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    2whefpl.jpg

I don't know why i felt the need to do this, since its obvious. And because i basically wrote all of these in the above post

But now i am a bit more at peace

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    Faded_SneakersFaded_Sneakers City of AngelsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Id like to nominate a vote here and a move on to the next topic.

:P

Faded_Sneakers on
    Instagram: fadedsneakers
  • Options
    ChillyChilly Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bring on the next subject!

Chilly on
  • Options
    Sgt CarlSgt Carl Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ooh. This looks like its been here for awhile, but if its still open and noobs are allowed to participate, I'll have something for this by tomorrow night.

Sgt Carl on
  • Options
    the_monarch23the_monarch23 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This is as far as I have come.... it was going to be a cheeky ad for a new type of "gentlemen's bomb". Hadn't worked it all out yet.
    brettpinup.png

the_monarch23 on
    "Gott in himmel! Fritz, vee haff named our car after ein lady-garten."
    ~Jeremy Clarkson
  • Options
    burntburnt Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    can this topic be open at least until the end of this week? I would like to participate if I can ..

burnt on
  • Options
    Guy BellGuy Bell Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Probably more steampunk than retro but this place needs some pictures.

4312915624_7073d336af_o.jpg

Guy Bell on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That's fucking great Guy.

Mustang on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    Poll added.

bombardier on
  • Options
    LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm sad about the timing of this. I would've loved to participate but I am still way too damn busy to work on drawans atm. Maybe I will do a retrofuture thing later~

Lexxy on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    YAY GUY BELL make a new challenge whenever.

bombardier on
This discussion has been closed.