As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Team Nope-tress 2

• Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I just downloaded a patch that undid the redo patch.

Quaz and Wally on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I'm loving the buff baner. I'm still not entirely sure how it figures out how much the meter should rise though. Sometimes I have full rage without even trying and other times I can't get that damn meter up for the life of me.

I posted this a couple threads ago but it might've been botp or people just weren't as interested as me:

tf2 wiki says that it is based off how much damage that person has taken in a life. So you want to aim at sandvich heavies, scouts, probably targe demos, and most importantly, people with pocket medics getting healed a lot.

Any excuse to shoot at people with pocket medics is fine by me.

Inquisitor on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    also my mic worked in l4d2 (i think or else sirtoons is right outside my window) and it has worked in vent

now to figure out why it is weird in tf2

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
    edited January 2010
    Sirtoons is everywhere.

Quaz and Wally on
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    So they patched the patch that patched the patch?

Also undeinpirat blame the guy that linked the heavy video that lead to huey's old youtube thing that had a 15 second video as pyro that was posted this year.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Goomba wrote: »
    So they patched the patch that patched the patch?

It's like a fucking quilt in here.

Quaz and Wally on
  • JaltosJaltos Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dear slot reservation:

Please go fuck yourself. There were THREE slots empty when I logged in, and I got kicked just BEFORE I finished loading. and who got my spot? Some random dude I've never heard of before!

Jaltos on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Jaltos wrote: »
    Dear slot reservation:

Please go fuck yourself. There were THREE slots empty when I logged in, and I got kicked just BEFORE I finished loading. and who got my spot? Some random dude I've never heard of before!

let's get on zissou and play ebo's map :D

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Goomba wrote: »
    nealcm wrote: »
    Who has endured the glitchiness and tried the DR?

It sounds just as loud from the spy's point of view so maybe they just decreased the range the sound travels? Gonna need other people to help test it.
    Maybe you oughta try after they patch it?

Or did they already unrevert it?

I was playing on a server which only subtracted 15 health for having the sandman, so I assumed I was playing with the new dead ringer volume.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm gonna hop on Zissou now instead of later.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    These bots are getting a lot more fun to play against.

Once bots start working on CP and payload maps, I may never have to play TF2 online again.

xzzy on
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Toons no one cares about pyros
    I care

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I care

you're not anyone

TheySlashThem on
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I care

you're not anyone
    I hudda, therefor I am.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    God I am glad that they nerfed that stupid dead ringer tanking stuff.

Gumpy.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man they completely fucked the FaN, I hope this is something they're fixing in the rollback(doubt it). It does not knock people up anymore if they're on even ground with you. And it can knock them way further, completely out of range, from a high angle below. Also they seemed to add weight reduction to non-airblast knockback in general, so rockets and the FaN have almost no effect on Heavies now.

The hit noise is useful but really annoying, it plays that achievement ding sound every. single. time.

Zek on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The hit sound is very useful for me as pyro, since I can't really tell if I'm leading the flames enough or not without some kind of "yeah you hit him" feedback.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited January 2010
    The hit sound is very useful for me as pyro, since I can't really tell if I'm leading the flames enough or not without some kind of "yeah you hit him" feedback.

That's what the sizzle is supposed to be for.

Quaz and Wally on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Playing Pyro with the noise on is like being raped in the ear by a doorbell.

Zek on
  • JaltosJaltos Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I prefer the numerical display to see if I hit people. It even tells me how far dead they are.

Jaltos on
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »
    and they just killed Spy evasion tanking

Pooey

Guess you'll have to respec.

mrflippy on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    God I am glad that they nerfed that stupid dead ringer tanking stuff.

Gumpy.

*Bzzp*

Gumpy on
    edited January 2010

earlier i facestabbed a pyro who was aiming at me with fire and i was not ignited

i feel no remorse

Just kiddin I apologize TJ Nutty Nub. I think that's who it was.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited January 2010
    Jaltos wrote: »
    I prefer the numerical display to see if I hit people. It even tells me how far dead they are.
    Sometimes they don't show up.

But yeah goddamn that noise is annoying.

Also I like how they actually buffed the pyro (called it) but making airblast much better than the other options.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Whenever I get a blatant facestab on somebody, I like to take a moment to announce it on chat, just so they know it wasn't just lag on their end.

Also to taunt them childishly.

Quaz and Wally on
  • ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Endaro wrote: »
    I think we need more maps. We have plenty of fine maps, but quite a lot of maps that no one can stand which lead to server deaths and shitty vote possibilities. I think we could use a higher percentage of maps that people can stand.

I've never made a tf2 map before, but I have made a few L4D maps, which is a comparable system. Hopefully, with some help from you guys for play testing and balance, we can get a few more maps in the rotation. I don't care about a map being popular elsewhere, I just think our servers could use more.

Moonshine turned out great (in my opinion), and I think supports my point of a need for more maps. Unfortunately, last I heard Hey You got burned out on Moonshine and the Halloween maps. Ebo is also working on a map right now (speaking of which, how is it going Ebo?).

If I were to work on a map, what would you guys like in map? It seems to me Granary and Gravelpit are generally the most liked and least disliked on the servers, so I'm leaning towards a style like either one.

I'll let you know how my map's going after the test tonight, Endaro. You'll be there, right?

As far as a map I'd like to see, I'd sorta like to see a map that's 3 points like Gravelpit but with victory conditions like Steel. At the same time, though, I agree with Goomba that simpler is better as far as gimmicky maps go.
    PLR has a limit of one cap per map, which means that the team that gets ahead first wins that map, about 95% of the time, with no recourse for the opposing team

also it is on a fixed track, which is dumb

but the main difference is definitely allowing for more than one cap

What do you mean PLR only allows for one cap? I've got a single stage, 3 cap for each side map I'm working on.

I think there might be mechanics to allow for the track paths to switch like real train tracks, too. But I'm not 100% on that.
    I once sandmanned a scout, rendering him completely immobile and defenseless, and then ran up to him point blank with FAN in hand.

I fired my first shot to his left.

I fired my second shot to his right.

Then I ran like a scout.

Don't feel so bad, Quaz. Last night on Badlands I was playing a heavy and a FaN scout appeared in front of me. So I stopped to spin up and the scout, like you, shoot to my left and then to my right and runs away injured. We meet again 10 seconds or so later and, again, I stop to spin up and he shoots to my left, and then to my right, and runs away again having done a total of zero damage to me.

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
    edited January 2010
    I think he means that you can get to the final point over and over.

But it's still dumb because fuck CTF because fuck engineers. Hard counters to half of the class and hard counted by the other half. I hate things that are hard.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    ebotastic wrote: »
    I once sandmanned a scout, rendering him completely immobile and defenseless, and then ran up to him point blank with FAN in hand.

I fired my first shot to his left.

I fired my second shot to his right.

Then I ran like a scout.

Don't feel so bad, Quaz. Last night on Badlands I was playing a heavy and a FaN scout appeared in front of me. So I stopped to spin up and the scout, like you, shoot to my left and then to my right and runs away injured. We meet again 10 seconds or so later and, again, I stop to spin up and he shoots to my left, and then to my right, and runs away again having done a total of zero damage to me.

You don't understand, this target was completely and utterly defenseless. E: Oh yeah, and completely and utterly still, a non moving target. I might as well have whiffed two shots on a dispenser in the middle of nowhere. It's not like I was under fire from anybody else or anything either. This was when the crap was new too, so I know I didn't land a single shell on him, because he didn't go flying. It was probably the most hilarious moment of my scout life.

I don't feel so bad though. I tear up shit with the engi's shotgun. For some reason.

Quaz and Wally on
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Whenever I get a blatant facestab on somebody, I like to take a moment to announce it on chat, just so they know it wasn't just lag on their end.

Last night I was blatantly facestabbed on level ground while I was actively burning the spy (sizzling sound and everything). There was one or two other people that were facestabbed within the same seven seconds or so, and both the spy and victim saw it as a facestab.

And there was that time when I was backpedaling away from a spy for at least five seconds before he facestabbed me from about 15 feet away.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • 3_eyed_weasel3_eyed_weasel Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Is anybody else getting terrible performance with bots. I get great fps playing with 32 players online, but more than 7 bots and my computer starts to chug.

3_eyed_weasel on
    samorostsig.jpg
    edited January 2010
    I haven't experienced such performance loss, but then I haven't played since the new patch, or unpatch, or whatever.

Ebo how long are you planning on testing your map?

Quaz and Wally on
  • ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    We have 8 mans, need more for testing on Zissou, please. :)

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
    edited January 2010
    Barrakketh wrote: »

Last night I was blatantly facestabbed on level ground while I was actively burning the spy (sizzling sound and everything). There was one or two other people that were facestabbed within the same seven seconds or so, and both the spy and victim saw it as a facestab.

And there was that time when I was backpedaling away from a spy for at least five seconds before he facestabbed me from about 15 feet away.

i was in a corner once and got facestabbed, and i watched him do it.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Is anybody else getting terrible performance with bots. I get great fps playing with 32 players online, but more than 7 bots and my computer starts to chug.
    What's your processor?

Because TF2 is a proccessor capped game in the first place, and having your processor try and run 31 AI scripts in addition to the game itself is actually fairly intensive.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Give me 20 minutes ebo.

T4CT on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    A FAN nerf. Its over. The world has crumbled around me.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

My FPS takes a 35-50 percent hit with 23 bots, but since I'm using a less-than-stellar GPU I'm more CPU-bound than your average player. Of course, TF2 doesn't come close to maxing out my processor even with the bots so sadly that situation can't be improved.

And it seems that there is now a bot named Delicious Cake. I have a feeling that that suggested name has nothing to do with Portal.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
    edited January 2010
    Rami wrote: »
    A FAN nerf. Its over. The world has crumbled around me.

i am giggling to myself

best

day

ever

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    -Fixed a bug where bots tried to heal from a Dispenser being carried by an Engineer

this made me laugh out loud

Fuga on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm kind of upset that the scout unlocks are now basically useless

yes, they needed to be toned down some

but now there's just no point

and I don't even use any of them

TheySlashThem on