As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Creedence Clearwater [chat]

• DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    wazilla wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    oh, I thought you were using a computer....

I'd erase how you actually do it as you will probably get an infraction.

I was intentionally vague on how I did it to prevent infractionating. I doubt you can google "special magical card" to find something that let's you play games on the DS for free..

Actually, you can.

I only get stuff about Magic the Gathering cards.. Googling "special magical card" that is.

Daxon on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I was intentionally vague on how I did it to prevent infractionating. I doubt you can google "special magical card" to find something that let's you play games on the DS for free..

Actually, you can.

I only get stuff about Magic the Gathering cards.. Googling "special magical card" that is.

May want to add DS in there since "special magic card" is very vague alone. I'm not going to do the search myself since I'm at work, but experienced Googlers can piece your absurdly cryptic message together and find exactly what you're talking about.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Actually, you can.

well, you would use a better search than that but I had no trouble finding it based on your post (as I didn't know that existed before just now)

Dunadan019 on
    edited January 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »

Actually, you can.

May want to add DS in there since "special magic card" is very vague alone. I'm not going to do the search myself since I'm at work, but experienced Googlers can piece your absurdly cryptic message together and find exactly what you're talking about.

Well obviously, but anybody who isn't a complete moron would be able to find it without my post anyway.

@Dunadan: What really? That's... real strange to me, Nintendo made a kind of a big deal out of it a bit back and then just decided to ignore it cause they make boatloads of money anyway. Like, the things are so common that my sister who has very little internet savvy has and uses one.

Also, the fun thing with them is that you can play lots of user made games as well as official NDS ones, which is pretty neat and why they're not illegal.

Daxon on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    hey guys quick, whats the word for when you ascribe function to something (usually plants) based on how they look?

its really old...I can't remember it...

Arch on
  • ProtoMan39ProtoMan39 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    People that pirate music/games are immoral and deserve to be jailed.

ProtoMan39 on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bill Bailey is making some very funny tweets asking to take over from Jonathan Ross.

BobCesca on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ProtoMan39 wrote: »

Oh really?

WMain00 on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »

Oh really?

and sodomized

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    hey guys quick, whats the word for when you ascribe function to something (usually plants) based on how they look?

Symbolism?

Thomamelas on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Pretend Bento Box number 2 also a success.

Huzzah!

What's a Bento Box and why are you pretending to be one?

Haphazard on
    edited January 2010

Oh yea! the Doctrine of Signatures

Arch on
    edited January 2010
    Well obviously, but anybody who isn't a complete moron would be able to find it without my post anyway.

@Dunadan: What really? That's... real strange to me, Nintendo made a kind of a big deal out of it a bit back and then just decided to ignore it cause they make boatloads of money anyway. Like, the things are so common that my sister who has very little internet savvy has and uses one.

Also, the fun thing with them is that you can play lots of user made games as well as official NDS ones, which is pretty neat and why they're not illegal.

yeah, I don't actually spend much time researching nintendo or the DS. I don't read any other game sites (as they are all blocked by work) and when I go home, I have better things to do then spend it reading news articles.

Dunadan019 on
    edited January 2010

Phenology?

Daxon on
    edited January 2010

Only a sith deals in absolutes...
    560928211_f102fc7e5e.jpg
    *PSSSSHHHNNAHPP-HISSSSSSSSSSS*

Dunadan019 on
    edited January 2010
    Thom/Daxon, what I linked above is what I was thinking about

see the skepticism thread for why

Arch on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2010
    I bought up a copy of the PA card game from ages back the other day. Now to convince the missus to play a hand or three with me. I'm not optimistic.

Bogart on
    edited January 2010

Phenology?

I read that as phrenology and was a bit puzzled for a moment.

Haphazard on
    edited January 2010

"Carrots are good for the eyes" is a bit of a WWII propaganda leftover. Blame the Brits.

Haphazard on
    edited January 2010

yeah, I don't actually spend much time researching nintendo or the DS. I don't read any other game sites (as they are all blocked by work) and when I go home, I have better things to do then spend it reading news articles.

Yeah, I didn't know it existed either. I mean, I assume it did because you can pretty much modify an NES to play PS3 games these days, but I never cared to research it heavily. You made searching for it, should I have interest to do it, much easier.

But I don't believe in pirating games, anyways. I did modify my PSP so that I could play PS1 games on it, but these were games that I owned. Not sure of the legality on it, but I see no reason it should be illegal. This is something I believe should have been included in the original PSP build. The ability to port your PS1 games over.

Maybe it is illegal, cause Karma may have caught up with me. I lost my PSP. :(

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    You are now listening to M83.

OH YES YOU ARE!

WMain00 on
    edited January 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    I bought up a copy of the PA card game from ages back the other day. Now to convince the missus to play a hand or three with me. I'm not optimistic.

The old VS one? They got a new one released by FFG. I bought it, but have yet to play it.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I'm not going near that thread. I've seen the quotes coming out of there and inside that thread seems to be weapons grade retardation. And I have nothing nice to say about those who practice homeopathic medicine.

Thomamelas on
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Another day, at work. Ugh, man I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. At least tomorrow is truly my Friday for once. I better be able to sleep this weekend.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I'm not going near that thread. I've seen the quotes coming out of there and inside that thread seems to be weapons grade retardation. And I have nothing nice to say about those who practice homeopathic medicine.

I refuse to go into a thread that is titled skepticism.

Dunadan019 on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Haphazard wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Pretend Bento Box number 2 also a success.

Huzzah!

What's a Bento Box and why are you pretending to be one?

lunch thing.

trying to eat a little more healthy at lunch and not to eat yucky sandwiches.

Generally it's leftovers presented a bit nicer than usual.

BobCesca on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I posted in there once: showing the exact quotes and the websites they were taken from that ACSIS was passing off as his own.

And people still argued with him for like 10 pages afterwards. :?

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    edited January 2010
    ok, ticket booked. I will be in jacksonville florida next monday.

I also have a strong feeling that my boss will want to go to a strip club....

Dunadan019 on
    edited January 2010
    Think I'll listen to some Muse.

WMain00 on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Under Seige really plays the "contrasts of the female form" bit pretty well. The girl jumps out of cake basically naked, and then for the rest of the movie is wearing bulky combat gear.

electricitylikesme on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hey Bristol Airport seems to have more or less recovered from the snow. Hopefully CDG won't go into another meltdown as they are supposed to get a little bit today.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited January 2010
    Under Seige really plays the "contrasts of the female form" bit pretty well. The girl jumps out of cake basically naked, and then for the rest of the movie is wearing bulky combat gear.

And that's pretty much the only cleverness in the entire movie.

Thomamelas on
    edited January 2010
    My boss just pointed out that the new Google phone is called a Nexus-1. 5 more models till we get classic-era Rutger Hauer.

Bogart on
    edited January 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »

The old VS one? They got a new one released by FFG. I bought it, but have yet to play it.

I don't know. It has the art they put in the back of one of their collection releases from Dark Horse, so I was assuming it was the old one.

Bogart on
    edited January 2010

Yea, its pretty retarded in there but I didn't know where else to post the image and I don't know how to respond...my first thought when I saw it was "Oh man its like that THING where you look at something and decide that it looks like something else and thus must be good for treating it!"

then I remembered what the phrase was for that

Arch on
    edited January 2010
    My boss just pointed out that the new Google phone is called a Nexus-1. 5 more models till we get classic-era Rutger Hauer.

As a phone, though. Which might come in handy, since you wouldn't have to carry your phone everywhere, no, it would simply follow you.

Haphazard on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    People actually watch Steven Segal movies? I always thought that was an urban myth.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

And that's pretty much the only cleverness in the entire movie.

This is correct. Still. I like that I can point to that to prove why women in bulky armor look good. It's like "I know she looks good, but also is functionally attired for the task at hand".

Also, I was watching through the Halo 3: ODST cutscenes last night, and holy god does the animation look cartoonish.

electricitylikesme on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Aw.

The company turned the filter back on.

Cock suckers.

JustinSane07 on
    edited January 2010
    Haphazard wrote: »

As a phone, though. Which might come in handy, since you wouldn't have to carry your phone everywhere, no, it would simply follow you.

Does this mean though that it's lifespan will be short?

Will it demand more life from its father?

WMain00 on
This discussion has been closed.