As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On] SERIOUS SAM. WtF $6.79????

SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Games and Technology
ARE YOU SERIOUS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIRVHVtueDM&feature=player_embedded

Are you a bad mutha (shut'yo mouf) that knows he can kick some Ass?

Did you think Duke Nukem was the biggest ass kicker in the world and then outer space?

Meet Sam "Serious" Stone

2dtzxmx.jpg
Duke has nothing on this guy. Nothing!

Only one of the greatest games to ever come out of March 2001! Seriously? Damn felt like forever ago.

Anyway, I am Shocked!! and Appalled that no one has made a thread about this very awesome game yet!

It's been on sale on Steam during the christmas sales event. It's now for purchase at $6.79 right Here.

And here's the official webpage. http://www.serioussamhd.com/home.php

people need to get this game NOW, before it's too late!

steam_sig.png
SoulGate on

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am serious

may try and get a Co-op game going sometime

Gumpy on
  • Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Count me in.

Mustachio Jones on
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Steam has a weekend sale going on for this game RIGHT NOW. I mean, It's cheaper now than it was during the holiday sale! IF YOU WAITED, NOW'S YOUR CHANCE. GOOOO GET IT!

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Any word on a console release?

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Stigma wrote: »

I don't think you'd EVER want to play Serious Sam on a console.

Those analog sticks are so soooo inadequate for the task before you.

Delta Assault on
    edited January 2010

I'm very well aware of the task before me, having smashed the shit out of the originals on PC and OXBox. The old console version made due with a lives system and autolock that essentially made Hard the ideal difficulty.

I'm hoping with the advancements in FPS console controls that the game would be very playable without autolock now. For instance, aiming in Left 4 Dead is very smooth, allowing good crowd control and precision headshots.

Stigma on
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I'm very well aware of the task before me, having smashed the shit out of the originals on PC and OXBox. The old console version made due with a lives system and autolock that essentially made Hard the ideal difficulty.

I'm hoping with the advancements in FPS console controls that the game would be very playable without autolock now. For instance, aiming in Left 4 Dead is very smooth, allowing good crowd control and precision headshots.

so far as I can tell, there's been no word about a PSN or XBLA version, but I imagine if it does well, it'll get ported over soon enough. It'd probably be fun on a console too. YOu should get it for PC though, it'll have free updates and stuff. :P

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    SoulGate wrote: »

so far as I can tell, there's been no word about a PSN or XBLA version, but I imagine if it does well, it'll get ported over soon enough. It'd probably be fun on a console too. YOu should get it for PC though, it'll have free updates and stuff. :P
    There has certainly been word of an XBLA version of SSHD. Originally it was going to be released in October.

Stigma on
  • CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SoulGate wrote: »
    ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Anyway, I am Shocked!! and Appalled that no one has made a thread about this very awesome game yet!

Actually, there is a thread here. I made the same mistake and made an OP for it since it didn't turn up in the search. Might have to report this as a bug since it seems like it is happening to more than just one person!

Also, January 13th is the release date for the XBLA version of the game. No PSN version is in the works so far.

CheesecakeRecipe on