As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Japanimation] ITT B:L shows how small our penises really are compared to his

1575859606163»

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    Vampire Bund had a pretty good first episode, let's see if it can stay strong.

The thing about it is that...it is actually pretty decent from the manga I've read so far, especially if you're a big vampire/werewolf fan like I am.

But then you remember the female protag looks 10 and this is from Japan...so much lolJapan is inbound.

Dragkonias on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I recently rewatched that Dragonball Z parody those guys do

I remain surprised at just how funny and clever it is

I mean, a Dragonball Z parody is the absolute last thing I expect to be funny or clever in any way

And yet, there it is

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I thought the first episode of Ookamikakushi was very promising. It's kind of eye opening how easy harem anime conventions can be subverted into a vaguely Shadow over Innsmouth like horror story. Because really, when you're an average harem protagonist there must be some sinister reason all the girls are throwing themselves at you.

Bremen on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bremen wrote: »
    I thought the first episode of Ookamikakushi was very promising. It's kind of eye opening how easy harem anime conventions can be subverted into a vaguely Shadow over Innsmouth like horror story. Because really, when you're an average harem protagonist there must be some sinister reason all the girls are throwing themselves at you.

Just like School Days.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sword of the Stranger is pretty sweet.

That is all.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I really oughta get Sword of the Stranger

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I ordered mine already last week, but since I live in the asshole of the world apparently I can only watch it next month.

Damnit.

Falx on
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    WHAT IS HAPPEEEENIIIIING!!!!????

JAAAAAAPAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!

vote this to be new thread title.

tallgeeze on
  • DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Vampire Bund had a pretty good first episode, let's see if it can stay strong.

They could have cut 17 minutes out of that. The TV show premise of the first episode lost its novelty really quick.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bremen wrote: »

I couldn't help but think of Nakameguro from Seitokai no Ichizon whenever I see the main character here. It doesn't help that the collars of guys' uniforms look a lot like sailor uniforms (emphasizing the feminine looking part here)...

That BGM that was being played when Ogasawara was being chased was lovely.

Chrono Helix on
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It wasn't bad, and not at all without the creepy factor.

Durarara was pretty good too.

Sora no Woto, Durarara, Bakatest and Ookamikakushi and Hidamari Sketch... not alot of new shows worth watching.

Falx on
  • DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Falx wrote: »

The Black Rider was pretty badass.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Falx wrote: »
    It wasn't bad, and not at all without the creepy factor.

Sora no Woto, Durarara, Bakatest and Ookamikakushi and Hidamari Sketch... not alot of new shows worth watching.

5 is pretty good.

Chrono Helix on
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Might check out Dururruurrra after a few episodes are out and I can get a better impression.

Or I might check it out sooner. It depends on how bored I get this weekend.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I don't know if there's any fellow ABe fans here, but after some digging, I've found steady updates from ABe's Despera(the new project) here:

http://hr.deadgods.net/hr/kareha.pl/1244323420/

1244323420010.jpg

1245304111734s.jpg

Very hyped. The anime version could take forever, though.

And there's been a lot of parallels to Lain so far, so I doubt that comparison is a coincidence.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ZegunaZeguna Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I just finished the Tetsujin 28 remake today, and it was really good. It's also, like, $30 shipped for the whole thing at Rightstuf, which is a great deal. Anyone else seen it?

Zeguna on
  • TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    So I don't know if there's any fellow ABe fans here, but after some digging, I've found steady updates from ABe's Despera(the new project) here:

http://hr.deadgods.net/hr/kareha.pl/1244323420/

1244323420010.jpg

1245304111734s.jpg

Very hyped. The anime version could take forever, though.

And there's been a lot of parallels to Lain so far, so I doubt that comparison is a coincidence.

This is the best news ever.

Tiphareth on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
This discussion has been closed.