As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STO] <Trust of the Hixu>

DirephoenixDirephoenix Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in MMO Extravaganza
<Trust of the Hixu>

Are you a fan of Penny Arcade? <Trust of the Hixu> is a Penny Arcade fan-based Federation Fleet for Star Trek Online, currently looking for members to fill up our ranks. We are also a part of the Penny Arcade Alliance.

Our current requirements are:

1) You should be a fan of Penny Arcade. This does not mean you must have an encyclopedic knowledge of everything Penny Arcade, but you should at least have an idea of what it is, and an appreciation of the humor and/or art found there.

2) You should have a mature attitude. While we do not have an age restriction per se, you may have a better time with us if you are old enough to drink, old enough to serve your country in a time of war, or old enough to go to college or university. As with the comic that we are fans of, there will be some occasional adult language. If this is something that offends you or may get you in trouble, you may have a better time with someone else.

3) Don’t be a dick. This was one of the primary rules when Dudefella (Gabe of Penny Arcade) originally created the Penny Arcade Alliance for World of Warcraft. If you are in question about whether or not your actions or behavior may identify you as a dick, you probably are, and should probably stop if you want to remain a part of our fleet. As Dudefella said, “I want people to think of the PAA as people they can count on rather than those dicks from Penny Arcade.”

And that’s about it! So here’s a short Q & A:

Where did <Trust of the Hixu> get that name?

Why, from this Penny Arcade comic!

350663450_xguJV-L-2.jpg

What is this Penny Arcade Alliance?

Many many years ago a game called World of Warcraft was unleashed upon the Earth. Gabe (Dudefella) founded a guild with the purpose of having a friendly rivalry with fellow webcomic PvP. Very shortly afterward, it was apparent that the fanbase on that server was too much to be handled by one guild alone, so an alliance of guilds was established to share in the joy of Penny Arcade and enjoyment of the game. Many years have passed, and the Penny Arcade Alliance is still 13 guilds strong on the Dark Iron server. However, the thirst for gaming still grows, and the PAA has started to expand into other games such as WAR, Aion, and now Star Trek Online!

Do I need to play WoW to join <Trust of the Hixu>?

Absolutely not! While the PAA is largely WoW-centric, we are expanding into other games. If WoW is not your thing, that's absolutely fine. <Trust of the Hixu> is all about STO. If you happen to be interested in WoW or any of our other games (and also a fan of Penny Arcade), I hope you'll check out some of our other guilds and communities as well, but it is by no means anywhere near a requirement.

Federation?!? Have you no honor? What about Klingons?
<Trust of the Hixu> will be our Federation Fleet, but we will undoubtedly start a PAA Klingon House if/when the need arises.

So if a fleet that is part of a multi-gaming community with a love for Penny Arcade sounds like something you’re interested in, please post here or send me a PM.

Alternatively, you can head to our PAA forums at http://forums.pa-guilds.org/ and sign up there. You will have to register to view our Star Trek Online section, and I would like to ask that when you register you either do so with your (perceived) main character’s name or @name or STO forum name so we know who you are.

Direphoenix on

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Huh. PAA going with thier own thing. I'll just stick with WangFleet.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Fight the PA guild wars! Only form one guild, for the sake of the children!

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    DirephoenixDirephoenix Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Huh. PAA going with thier own thing. I'll just stick with WangFleet.

Heh, Pika. I am still an officer of <Keepers of the Wang> too.

Direphoenix on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sup. If I try joining up with Hixu's trust later on you're not going to ask me about Tycho's cat, are you?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ben_botben_bot Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Are the characters we create in open beta being wiped upon launch? Cause I totally need to come up with a better name for mine if that's the case.

ben_bot on
    PSN: ben_bot
This discussion has been closed.