As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Color Wheel game over. Blue, Purple, and Black win.

1404142434446»

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Except, since whites could be converted out of white but not vice versa, it was not in a white player's best interest to aim for a certain white victory.

except on day 1.

White could not, even in case of a perfectly successful role call, have won by day two. Thus there was a possibility that any white player would not remain white by game end, and thus it was in no player's best interests to aim for a white victory to the detriment of the other colours. And a (perfectly successful) role call almost certainly would have been detrimental to the other colours.

Burnage on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Guess what!!! I did want Dac Vin said I couldn't do. We had a mindfucking phalla and I lived...TO THE END!!!

samurai6966 on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I am surprised I didn't realize that there were shenanigans and coloured alliances going on after pretty much all the votes after my death were white kills.

Maybe more thoughts later.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man... if only I lived long enough to be converted. You guys would have helped me out with that, right?... right?

Also, DAMN YOU HAMHAMJ.

crimsoncoyote on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    rend contacted me day one and asked me to reveal, we did and we came to an agreement I would no longer support the whites and such so I just random fired till I was in the network

M.D. on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man... if only I lived long enough to be converted. You guys would have helped me out with that, right?... right?
    Most likely yes. It seems black knew but we didn't.

When the blue converter ShadowThomas converted me the network got a boost. At first I incorrectly thought Loxx mimic conversion of rend came from a blue converter.
    Converters got a bit too much power in this game. Basically anyone else you meet you can team up with instead of trying to kill each other with redvote bandwagons.

Removing converters might be a good idea, though the game really is incredibly confusing. I'd hate to be white.
    Was hilarious to see white wondering what the hell was going on when we jumped on our bandwagon targets without any additional explanation. They only had yellow elimination which was covered by Zellpher (orange, +2 yellow) voting on the black targets.

Thanks for hosting, Savant!

Alegis on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    :lol:, I enjoyed my death this game, it was fantastic. And I became a verb!

Thanks for running!
    I'm a formerly white, now red converter.

Ha ha, I kept Kime white. >=D

Proboards, though Alegis or somesuch will need to open them.

Grrrrrr, grudged!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited January 2010
    None of the color converters ever targeted you though. :P (Exactly for that reason)

Alegis on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    None of the color converters ever targeted you though. :P (Exactly for that reason)
    o_O

I hate you all

Feel my furyyyyyy!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Whoo! Fun game, the alliance made it easy to secure a win.

Question for Savant: Why wasn't Zandracon converted Day 1? I think I was the only one targeting him that day but he stayed white at the end...

ShadowThomas on
    edited January 2010
    Zandracon was a joker, if he chooses a color it takes priority over all other conversions.

Alegis on
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hey remember when I ruined the plan for the day by targeting Lemminghead?

Hahahaha

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    Zandracon was a joker, if he chooses a color it takes priority over all other conversions.

Ah that would explain it then

Thanks for running the game Savant

ShadowThomas on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah this game was a lot of fun

Props to loxx and alegis for pretty much carrying the network in the second half by themselves

Rend on
  • immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Props to me for totally winning by attempting to organize a eliminator network, and then voting randomly!

Gooooooooooo [strike]Red[/strike] Purple!

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Except, since whites could be converted out of white but not vice versa, it was not in a white player's best interest to aim for a certain white victory.

except on day 1.

White could not, even in case of a perfectly successful role call, have won by day two. Thus there was a possibility that any white player would not remain white by game end, and thus it was in no player's best interests to aim for a white victory to the detriment of the other colours. And a (perfectly successful) role call almost certainly would have been detrimental to the other colours.

Hmm, I've always approached phalla along the lines of rabidly pursuing my current win condition, and if converted rabidly pursuing my new condition. This is the first situation I have been in which this has been a horrible idea. Not counting Redemption which was pretty much designed for the village to ignore their given win condition.

I was a white color manipulator, did anything do anything great with this ability? I manipulated garroad_ran (white) to use his ability as....white. Then I targeted Lemminghead on day 2 (white converter then, I believe) likely being the reason she decided to abstain and not protect anyone from conversions with her ability. Then I targeted....kime? And made him...also a white player...use his ability as white.

D:

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I was a white color manipulator, did anything do anything great with this ability? I manipulated garroad_ran (white) to use his ability as....white. Then I targeted Lemminghead on day 2 (white converter then, I believe) likely being the reason she decided to abstain and not protect anyone from conversions with her ability. Then I targeted....kime? And made him...also a white player...use his ability as white.

D:

Daius used the manipulator (red) ability to great effect. Day one, he made himself seer as friendly to me, even though I was white. Later, he hooked up with a black converter to use it to convert me. At other times, he switched an exterminator (g bonus) to an off color to deny them their same-color bonus, and finally he made the game last an extra night by making a blue converter add red instead.

Darian on
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Whoo! Fun game, the alliance made it easy to secure a win.

Question for Savant: Why wasn't Zandracon converted Day 1? I think I was the only one targeting him that day but he stayed white at the end...

He was converted to blue, he just converted back later using his joker power.

Savant on
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Also, DAMN YOU HAMHAMJ.

:P

I was really pretty lost this game. I was trying to come up with a plan and all I came with was to try and eliminate people of my enemy colors and you were the one I was most certain of.

PS: To save me having to go digging through pro-boards, can anyone provide a convenient list of the people who took part in killing MrB so I can add them to my grudge list?

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Savant wrote: »

Teucurian, one of the other white seers, caught a few black players with his seering, but I didn't seem him leak that info anywhere before black offed him.

I tried to mason up with Kevin R Brown but got no response. I was reasonably certain that Kias was black, had no clue about Hippie, just that he wasn't white. But I had no idea how to use the info since the white people I seered seemed to die rapidly. Instead I hoped my unexplained votes for Kias after the day one target would clue in any extant white network of the possibility that I was a seer.

I suppose if I had really broken down the targeting I could have made some reasonable inferences about who was white and shared what I knew. But I was concerned about conversion and didn't have the time to dedicate to the game that it deserved.

Thanks for running Savant, it was fun.

Teucrian on
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    HamHamJ wrote: »

Also, DAMN YOU HAMHAMJ.

:P

I was really pretty lost this game. I was trying to come up with a plan and all I came with was to try and eliminate people of my enemy colors and you were the one I was most certain of.

PS: To save me having to go digging through pro-boards, can anyone provide a convenient list of the people who took part in killing MrB so I can add them to my grudge list?

Kias was the one who sent the order, but black was not really very well organized the first day or two.

Savant on
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Spectrum Victory, baby.

A quick note to all Spectrum Five members- you may take off your helmets now, and wear your usual avatars. It was a fun run, guys.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for running this Savant!

It was good fun - I'll have to read more about this when I'm at a more stable internet connection! =P

Edit: Good job purple organisers!

Congrates to ShadowThomas and CrownAxe for surviving as Blue!

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    :lol:, I enjoyed my death this game, it was fantastic. And I became a verb!

Thanks for running!
    I'm a formerly white, now red converter.

Ha ha, I kept Kime white. >=D

Proboards, though Alegis or somesuch will need to open them.

Grrrrrr, grudged!

I love you so. Much.

:twisted:

:mrgreen:

Also, purple is pretty damn awesome. I only got converted because I told ecco who I was. So

8-)

YEAAAHHHHHHH

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
This discussion has been closed.