As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

trouble connecting a 360 pad

mr-razzcocksmr-razzcocks Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So, my girlfriend just bought herself a used 360 pro, and the controller won't connect. at first she tried just holding down the center button, but the ring on the pad just kept flashing. then she turned the console on and tried reconnecting via the little white connect buttons on the console and the pad, which has made the controller think that it's the fourth pad attached to the console, even though the console ring is completely dark.

anyone care to hazard a guess at this one? it's drving us nuts.

mr-razzcocks on

• Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I had this same problem when a friend brought over his controllers.

I put the rechargable battery pack into his controller, plugged it into the 360 and the machine finally recognized it. I suppose you could try that.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I put the rechargable battery pack into his controller, plugged it into the 360 and the machine finally recognized it. I suppose you could try that.

no dice. wireless pad with some double A's in it

mr-razzcocks on
  • Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I mean, you don't have the rechargable battery on another controller?

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I mean, you don't have the rechargable battery on another controller?

We both bought our 360's used, and nary was there a rechargeable battery in sight. We just keep loading them up with double A's, and we never got any wired shit with them. She's decided she's going to buy the charger kit to try it. If it doesn't work she can always take it back.

mr-razzcocks on
  • Options
    ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The play-n-charge kit can be a separate thing that not many people bother getting (although they can be fairly convenient, but i prefer an external charger) so it's not too surprising that you didn't have one with the used 360.

IIRC, they're about 20 bucks for the cable and a rechargable battery at gamestop, which might help you cut down on battery costs and solve the issue. Does this controller not work on any other system (yours?), or just your girlfriends?

What about other controllers? Do yours work?

ashridah on