As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sweet dreams and [CHAT] machines, in pieces on the ground.

desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
edited January 2010 in Artist's Corner
BEGIN CHATTING IN THE STYLE OF THE EURYTHMICS

eurythmics.jpg

Best band ever? Probably.

desperaterobots on

• AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    DR please kick me in the balls right now, over and over

God damn I am such an ass with deadlines

Agentflit on
  • CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    argh

CheerfulBear on
    edited January 2010
    Will you kick me if DR doesn't, CB?

Agentflit on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You know what I just realized... that some people try to abuse you. But there are others that want to be abused.

MagicToaster on
    edited January 2010
    MT abuse me
    who are you to disagree

Agentflit on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    the reign of desperate robots

Loomdun on
    splat
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Agentflit wrote: »
    God damn I am such an ass with deadlines

Flit, hold your head up.

Mayday on
    edited January 2010
    Where's the pathos in that

Agentflit on
  • LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I wouldn't mind traveling the world, but I'd probably pass on the seven seas unless it were on like... a massive cruiseliner.

Lexxy on
  • FletcherFletcher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ugh, i can't get to sleep because my left arm is all tingly and kind of numb

there must be an angel playing with my heart or something

Fletcher on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Loomdun wrote: »
    the reign of desperate robots

this is going to be the title of my next exhibition

thanks guy.

desperaterobots on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Indian people are annoying to draw. There I said it.

rts on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Pixel art is also freaking difficult.

Perhaps I should learn colour theory first. Or how to draw from imagination at all.

New resolution: try and draw something from imagination at least once a week.

Flay on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    cakemikz wrote: »
    Indian people are annoying to draw. There I said it.

What exactly is hard about them?

MagicToaster on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Color. It's hard to make it read the way you want.

rts on
    edited January 2010
    Apparently there are lots of attacks on indian students in Melbourne. :(

desperaterobots on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2010
    hey any of you guys know about GIMP? I'm trying to create an outline around some text ala this tutorial
    http://gimpology.com/submission/view/how_to_outline_text
    but I can't work out how to select the text I've created. I get as far as "open tool options and click Create Path Along Text" but that option isn't appearing for me.

Tube on
  • squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Color. It's hard to make it read the way you want.

If the "doodle" you posted is any indication, I'd say you're managing.

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    hey any of you guys know about GIMP? I'm trying to create an outline around some text ala this tutorial
    http://gimpology.com/submission/view/how_to_outline_text
    but I can't work out how to select the text I've created. I get as far as "open tool options and click Create Path Along Text" but that option isn't appearing for me.

Make your text layer, use the color select tool (it's a finger pointing to a blue, red, and green bar), and click one of the letters (directly on the letter, not the space around it).

Go to select->invert in the menu. Pick your border color and go to edit->fill with FG color.

Now go to select->shrink, input the size of border you want, and whack enter (or click the OK button).

Now press delete. A border!

edit: Though that ends up looking a bit ugly. I'll run through that tutorial again and see if I can help you figure out the part you got stuck on.

MKR on
    edited January 2010
    that's awesome, thank you! the border I've made is a bit jaggy but I can piss around with it a bit and fix it I'm sure

Tube on
  • BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    VERY FRUSTRATING DRAWING DAY!!:x

Buckwolfe on
    edited January 2010
    Here's how to add a tool options tab though. It's essential to know how to do this if you're using GIMP.

90yuea.png

You can also drag a tab to that little bar just above the arrow to dock it.

MKR on
    edited January 2010
    Thanks again, that's a great help. It turns out that even the most basic of image editing skills eludes me.

Tube on
    edited January 2010
    It took me a while to figure GIMP out, and I'm still learning new things. I haven't read any of them, but I do know books have been written about it.

MKR on
    edited January 2010
    Man, ya know what kinda sucks?

On Thursday I finally made it into Boston, specifically Allston, to visit a friend. Actually he was the only friend of mine, of which there are very few, who actually wanted to hang out, and made the fucking time to do so. Up until then, I hadn't had any physical contact with any of my friends in six months. Six fucking months! It was a pretty great day overall. I hung out with my buddy, Dave. We had sesame chicken from Canton for lunch (a particular dish I've been jonesing for in a big way, for as many months.) Then we picked up a 12 pack of PBR (I know that its shit, but its cheap and it gets the job done eventually), and just hanged out at his apartment; shooting the shit, catching up, and sharing hilarious videos we've found online.

Dave is equally shameless, and brutally honest about whatever the fuck is on his mind, just like me. Neither one of us gives a shit what anyone else thinks about what we say, or think, which are usually one in the same.

The whole thing was refreshing, and cathartic. It was something that I super fucking needed. But now I want to go back into the city again. Like, immediately. I was starved of physical contact with any of my few friends for half a year, and I got a brief buzz off of hanging out for a few hours. Now I feel like I need another social fix in a big, big way. its almost maddening.

I miss the few friends in that area I had made. I actually feel sick being isolated against my will, like I am. I almost wish I hadn't gone into the city, and had a great fucking day, because now I want more.

Buckwolfe on
  • NicNic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Buckwolfe wrote: »

What's your subject?

Nic on
    edited January 2010
    Nic wrote: »
    Buckwolfe wrote: »

What's your subject?

Subject? I don't have any specific subject, most of the time. I try to force myself to draw specific things from time to time, but generally I'm content if I can just sit and draw anything at all.

Today, though, I'm feeling very frustrated, and unsatisfied with anything I manage to scribble.

I'm sure alot of it has to do with the above post.

EDIT - Actually, I guess there is a specific subject. I'm drawing caterpillars. That counts, right?

Buckwolfe on
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, pretty sure that counts! Sometimes when I'm frustrated with what I'm drawing, I'll try to draw something else for awhile.

Why are you isolated against your will?

Nic on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ha! I can top all of you fuckers now.

I have this dream last night. I'm just sitting around minding my own business. And then somehow, I find this package. Like a big shipping envelope, and it's open, so I peek inside. It looks like a document of some kind. Except it's printed on...linen?? Twenty or thirty sheets of linen, cut into maybe 10-20" pieces.

So I pull out this document which is printed on linen and I start to read it. It's a memo. From Tube to I think the moderators. Ornate stitching and calligraphy head each paragraph. I can't remember the content. Something about an accident or a tragedy or something. Any way, in walks tube.

Except I don't know what tube actually looks like so what I see in my dream is like this hedgehog-faced body builder guy. And then he started yelling at me and beating me up with a guitar, and that was when I woke up.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited January 2010
    Ha! I can top all of you fuckers now.

I have this dream last night. I'm just sitting around minding my own business. And then somehow, I find this package. Like a big shipping envelope, and it's open, so I peek inside. It looks like a document of some kind. Except it's printed on...linen?? Twenty or thirty sheets of linen, cut into maybe 10-20" pieces.

So I pull out this document which is printed on linen and I start to read it. It's a memo. From Tube to I think the moderators. Ornate stitching and calligraphy head each paragraph. I can't remember the content. Something about an accident or a tragedy or something. Any way, in walks tube.

Except I don't know what tube actually looks like so what I see in my dream is like this hedgehog-faced body builder guy. And then he started yelling at me and beating me up with a guitar, and that was when I woke up.

That's what you get for trying to read our mail, you son of a bitch!

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This chat is terrible.
    You're all terrible.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited January 2010
    This chat is fine.
    You're terrible.

Nic on
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, pretty sure that counts! Sometimes when I'm frustrated with what I'm drawing, I'll try to draw something else for awhile.

Why are you isolated against your will?

Bah! I lost my job back in February. Wasn't able to find anything stable in the meanwhile. Couldn't afford even the most meager of bills. Lease was going to end anyway. So August first I had to pack up my shit, and move back in with my mum, grandma, and little sister in the inbred, backwards-ass town of Norwood, where I went to high school. Even as small as this backwards podunk town is, we still manage to live on the outskirts. I say 'isolated,' but its not like I'm in fucking Siberia, or one of the Poles. Although I'd probably prefer any of those places above this shit-hole. Its nothing but a small suburban town, with delusions of grandeur, and backwards fucking politics. It has zero to fucking offer, and is full of inbred 'native' families. Its just that there's nothing of substance here, and even if there were, I'd have no way of getting there anyway.

Buckwolfe on
    edited January 2010
    This chat is fine.
    You're terrible.

Everyone, and this chat are terrible. There.

End of that discussion.

Buckwolfe on
    edited January 2010
    This chat is fine.
    You're terrible.

I may be terrible, but this chat is still terrible.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited January 2010
    Forbe! wrote: »
    I may be terrible, but this chat is still terrible.

I think I can live with this arrangement.

Nic on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ugh i just ate some eggrolls and i feel pukey

beavotron on
    edited January 2010
    Thats turrible.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited January 2010
    8-)
    :(

desperaterobots on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Forbe! wrote: »
    Thats turrible.

C'est mal.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
This discussion has been closed.