As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sweet dreams and [CHAT] machines, in pieces on the ground.

• desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh man. This new painting I'm doing is kicking all of my many asses.

desperaterobots on
  • NicNic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That's a lot of asses! Can't wait to see it, brobots.

Nic on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Posting here so I have that little blue dot in the icon.

NightDragon on
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    god i barely slept at all last night because i am excited about a possible job opportunity that would suit me well, i think

mully on
    edited January 2010
    I have a three-deez question:

If you want to mirror part of a texture.......do you essentially end up overlapping your UV's? Or what? I know "OVERLAPPIN'S IS BAD"....but is that one time it's allowed? And if not, how the hell else do you re-use texture space, and "properly"?

NightDragon on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I didn't sleep at all last night because I watched 30 Rock for seven hours.

Tam on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I didn't sleep at all because I was building my D&D chara.....

Making out with my girlfriend.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So, we've got two 'tards laying on the street in front of our house, sunbathing in full winterwear. Suggestions?

I'm curious if they want to get arrested or killed.

EDIT: Also I have a very realistic pellet rifle and a fleece jacket. Hrm. Now I need a beard.

Mangoes on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited January 2010

If you want to mirror part of a texture.......do you essentially end up overlapping your UV's? Or what? I know "OVERLAPPIN'S IS BAD"....but is that one time it's allowed? And if not, how the hell else do you re-use texture space, and "properly"?

Yes. Unless you're doing normal maps, where overlapping will fuck things up. In which case, you have to go ahead and be a bit less texture-space efficient and not try to mirror or overlap anything.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited January 2010
    Dammit they left.

EDIT: Argh totp.

Mangoes on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    CapnMango wrote: »
    Dammit they left.

Shoulda got out the snow plow.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
    edited January 2010
    Too bad I'm in Louisiana. Which makes it even more weird.

EDIT: They're back and they brought rock-throwing friends. Hrm. Oh well, maybe some day I'll grow a pair.

Mangoes on
  • BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ooooh...

Oh, no.

I just ate a bunch of sushi less than half an hour ago, and now there's this burning sensation in my stomach...

Buckwolfe on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thats what you get for eating raw fish.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I have no regrets....provided I don't end up vomiting.

Gonna go lay down, and listen to Dune on audiobook now.......

Buckwolfe on
    edited January 2010

Yes. Unless you're doing normal maps, where overlapping will fuck things up. In which case, you have to go ahead and be a bit less texture-space efficient and not try to mirror or overlap anything.

Great, good to know. :) Shanks!

NightDragon on
    edited January 2010
    One time I ate a sandwich from a vending machine.

Worst idea ever. I shoulda just went with the gas-station hot dogs.

I'm drinking orange cream soda right now by the way. This shit is dank.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dank?

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    edited January 2010
    YEAH MAN THIS SHIT IS DANK AS HELL.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    Orange cream soda is definitely under rated.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    unpleasantly moist or wet

MKR on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I want to take these digital portrait sketches I have been doing and try to paint them in oil or gouache. But I can't decide which would be better for trying to capture what I have done digitally.

rts on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I want to take these digital portrait sketches I have been doing and try to paint them in oil or gouache. But I can't decide which would be better for trying to capture what I have done digitally.

Maybe switch between them depending on the palette you used for the digital pieces?

Brolo on
  • NicNic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oil would probably take longer, but you can't argue with the end result if you do it right. I like gouache though, and really it depends which you work best in. It's up to you!

Nic on
    edited January 2010
    Wisdom from my mother:
    "I really think animals are smarter than us [humans]."
    "Getting mad makes you stronger"
    "I don't buy into this whole 'logical' crap."

Also I wish I were a little stupider or a little more selfish so that I could take advantage of my parent's offers to buy me things, despite that the conversations bookending said offers generally consist of them whinging about how they've got no money and the bad bad government man is going to leave them on the street bloo bloo bloo (just to be clear, these claims of poverty are wildly exaggerated at best, and bold-faced lies at worst). I wonder if they really think I'm stupid enough to not know they're trying to appear generous without having to burden themselves with actually being generous, by guilting me into not taking them up on anything they offer.

Also orange cream soda is good in small doses. Trying to finish off a case is terrible, though.

Also A&W is the worst for food poisoning. The worst.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited January 2010
    Wisdom from my mother:
    hulk-smash.jpg

Brolo on
    edited January 2010
    I just went outside and noticed that there was a note on my car. It rained yesterday, and this morning, so the note was all wet and falling apart, and wasn't in the way of my windshield anymore, as it had crumpled up in a heap on my wiper. I went to the store yesterday and didn't notice it, but it may've been there from the rain the previous day...

...so I have no idea *when* it is from. It was in two pieces, and said, "Wow, really?" [the middle section was removed/disintegrated, couldn't find it]...the second piece said "the parking."

Either this was from yesterday, when I had parked horribly, because there was a spot open, and I had to parallel-park less-than-perfectly because the person behind me had parked like a douche.....and they were like "nice job on the parking, NOOB"..........or it was from today or yesterday (after I came back form the grocery store), when I managed to nab the FRONT SPOT in front of my apartment for like the 3rd time this past week, which is just unheard of....and they were like "way to hog the best spot, ASSHOLE!"...or "nice job on catchin' the front spot again, comrade!"

I'm really curious as to what that middle part said, though. I can't imagine that note was a good one...but even my bad parking job wasn't bad enough to be note-worthy, by any means.

WHO KNOWS?!

NightDragon on
    edited January 2010
    Wisdom from my mother:

jhefrgh

what the fuck

Tam on
    edited January 2010
    I just went outside and noticed that there was a note on my car. It rained yesterday, and this morning, so the note was all wet and falling apart, and wasn't in the way of my windshield anymore, as it had crumpled up in a heap on my wiper. I went to the store yesterday and didn't notice it, but it may've been there from the rain the previous day...

...so I have no idea *when* it is from. It was in two pieces, and said, "Wow, really?" [the middle section was removed/disintegrated, couldn't find it]...the second piece said "the parking."

Either this was from yesterday, when I had parked horribly, because there was a spot open, and I had to parallel-park less-than-perfectly because the person behind me had parked like a douche.....and they were like "nice job on the parking, NOOB"..........or it was from today or yesterday (after I came back form the grocery store), when I managed to nab the FRONT SPOT in front of my apartment for like the 3rd time this past week, which is just unheard of....and they were like "way to hog the best spot, ASSHOLE!"...or "nice job on catchin' the front spot again, comrade!"

I'm really curious as to what that middle part said, though. I can't imagine that note was a good one...but even my bad parking job wasn't bad enough to be note-worthy, by any means.

WHO KNOWS?!

Leave a reply note letting them know the note was unclear. Whole conversations have been carried out with notes left on cars.

MKR on
    edited January 2010
    MKR on
    edited January 2010
    Next time get a man to park for you ND.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uLECuGK07U

rts on
    edited January 2010
    That is ridiculous.

Also: I am an excellent park-er I]excluding that time mentioned above, but I knew it was a sub-par parking job and left it at that anyway[/I and driver. I would be that man

NightDragon on
    edited January 2010
    I don't believe that for a second. Not for a second.

rts on
    edited January 2010
    I'LL SHOW YOU

NightDragon on
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    hahahaha I saw that video recently........augh

NightDragon on
    edited January 2010
    The only time I left a note on someones car was for a valid reason, I think.

I drive a very small car mind you, a 2001 Kia Rio to be exact, you can fit one in a parking spot without trying, and still have plenty of room on either side.

So, I was at school, back when I went to a junior college where most people commuted, and had found a spot in the main lot, which is about 200 feet from the main building, a coveted position to obtain. I leave for my 3 hour studio class, and come back and some jackass had parked his suv literally 5 inches from my car. There was no physical way for me to open the door AND fit in through the crack, even if I slammed my door into his. The otherside, by some divination of whatever greater power that presides over the parking lot, was also blocked by another suv.

So I wrote a note on a piece of paper that said 'Next time leave me a can opener, jackass', and left it on his window. I went inside to grab lunch, hoping they would have left by time I got back, and the car on my right side had. I still had to shimmy over from the passenger seat, which is no small feat in and of itself for me. The other car was still there.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited January 2010
    The image of you in a Kia Rio is an amusing one, Forbe.

Tam on
    edited January 2010
    Rolo wrote: »
    hulk-smash.jpg

I was going to point out that is the philosophy of the Sith from Star Wars, but I think the reference would have been lost on her.
    Tam wrote: »

jhefrgh

what the fuck

My mom believes problems are not solved by rational actions, but by yelling about them until they mysteriously go away.

Angel_of_Bacon on
This discussion has been closed.