As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EQ] Free EverQuest Classic Server - It's Good To Be Back

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I was using the right button and it was saying it was taking screenshots, but I had to run eqgame.exe as an admin before it would actually add any screenshots to the folder. So I shall post a couple for everyone's viewing benefit:
    EQscreenshot1.jpg
    EQscreenshot2.jpg

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • DiceDice Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    I got a little problem..... i got my Everquest Titanium and installed the 5 disks but i can not figure out how to use the old EQ with the regular player models because i really do not like the Shadows of Luclin models..

Can somone please help me

Dice on
  • OtistheGuardOtistheGuard Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The server itself doesn't allow the models. If you play on project1999.org and follow the directions for it, it should be ok.

OtistheGuard on
    SC2: Cleomenes.943
    XBL: Aspis 9
    Lotro (Landroval): Cleomenes [Champion], Ilithano [Captain]
  • pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Getting Titanium... now.

Hopefully be playing later tonight, gonna make a Cleric.

pardzh on
    gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Against all better judgment I'll give this a try.

I played a chanter back around when Luclin and PoP came out.

I just want to be a crack dealer again. Not since I played Bard for a bit in FFXI have I even gotten close to being as in-demand as when I was playing my enchanter.

Scosglen on
  • DiceDice Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    so in order to play with the pre luclin models i have to chose a certain server?

Dice on
  • The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    pardzh wrote: »
    Getting Titanium... now.

Hopefully be playing later tonight, gonna make a Cleric.

Oh, good, another Cleric besides me!

The Sneak! on
    edited January 2010
    Dice wrote: »
    so in order to play with the pre luclin models i have to chose a certain server?

Well this thread is about one particular server anyways, Project 1999, which by default doesn't use the Luclin models.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Anyone playing this on Windows 7 64 bit? I'm just getting a black screen when I log in but I can hear the sound in game

Karrmer on
    edited January 2010
    Fixed it

Karrmer on
  • AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Rogue is a good class if you want to use bow and arrow:?:

AdditionalPylons on
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    im pretty sure if youw ant bow and arrow your goign ranger, though if i remember correctly they were kind of limp though. Rogues were all about sneaking and back stabbing stuff.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• B.D.V.B.D.V. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm about an hour away from playing with you guys.

Not ganna lie, I'm sport half a chubby thinking about all my old EQ memories!

...Now what class to roll? hmm

B.D.V. on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    B.D.V. wrote: »
    I'm about an hour away from playing with you guys.

Not ganna lie, I'm sport half a chubby thinking about all my old EQ memories!

...Now what class to roll? hmm

Roll whatever you have the most fun with!

The Sneak! on
    edited January 2010
    So I'm having technical troubles. The cause sounds like my computer isn't good enough, but that doesn't make sense to me as everything is an upgrade from my old computer. My post in the EQEmulator forums is inside the spoilers. Basically every 30 secs my game slows to half performance when my temperature spikes. I have to set my affinity to only one of the processors in order to avoid another problem where my animations stop running so there is only one processor working.
    Speedz wrote: »
    Could you test something for me.

Get this utility http://cpu.rightmark.org/products/rmclock.shtml and test what the throttle vs core clock are when you have your slow motion moments vs when it runs fine.

Basically see if you can duplicate my findings. When I am not experiencing slow motion both core clock and throttle matched. When I have the slow down the throttle is half of core clock.

Also ANYONE that can't seem to find a fix please do this as well and post findings.

I used that utility during my slow downs. It showed me that my CPU Core Clock AND Throttle plummet to about 50%. My CPU Load spiked at that time as well. CPU Frequency took a nose dive to about 0, and Voltage went down to about 60% of the usual amount.

However, I think my number one problem is overheating. My CPU temp rises until the slowdown, when it goes back down again. It seems to slowdown around 80C, which makes sense.

Any ideas about what I can do to alleviate this? I had a similar problem playing WoW and I fixed it by putting my laptop on top of books to increase airflow. The thing is I can play games like Half-life 2 on this computer. I'm hoping it's a something I can fix with my settings.

The first thing that came to mind was that perhaps my Processor is doing all the work while my video card is lagging behind. Here are my system specs from dxdiag:
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 1/17/2010, 22:23:53
           Machine name: OWNER-PC
       Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090805-0102)
               Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Acer
           System Model: Extensa 4420
                   BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBLl
              Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57 (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
                 Memory: 1790MB RAM
              Page File: 828MB used, 3007MB available
            Windows Dir: C:\Windows
        DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
          Display Tab 1: No problems found.
            Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
              Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D:    0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw:  0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay:  0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow:  0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
            Card name: ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 
         Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
            Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x791F)
             DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
           Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_791F&SUBSYS_01231025&REV_00
       Display Memory: 894 MB
     Dedicated Memory: 255 MB
        Shared Memory: 639 MB
         Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
              Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
          Driver Name: atiumdag.dll,atiumdva.cap,atitmmxx.dll
       Driver Version: 7.14.0010.0517 (English)
          DDI Version: 9Ex
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
     Driver Date/Size: 7/31/2007 22:45:26, 2999296 bytes
          WHQL Logo'd: Yes
      WHQL Date Stamp: 
    Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-3A5F-11CF-9071-2921A1C2CA35}
            Vendor ID: 0x1002
            Device ID: 0x791F
            SubSys ID: 0x01231025
          Revision ID: 0x0000
          Revision ID: 0x0000
          Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C 
     Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive 
                       {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch 
                       {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY 
                       {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive 
                       {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch 
                       {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY 
                       {552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive 
                       {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive 
                       {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch 
                       {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY 
         DDraw Status: Enabled
           D3D Status: Enabled
           AGP Status: Enabled

OtistheGuard on
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Shit I've been on this since October. Had no idea the MMO forum had a thread.

It's glorious, although th eendgame has devolved into two uber guilds waving their dicks at each other. There aren't enough raid targets for more than 2 endgame guilds.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    edited January 2010

It's glorious, although th eendgame has devolved into two uber guilds waving their dicks at each other. There aren't enough raid targets for more than 2 endgame guilds.

Classic EQ.

The Sneak! on
    edited January 2010
    The Sneak! wrote: »

Classic EQ.

This is true.

Trouble was, I don't think any classic servers had guilds with the knowhow and dedication to drop Vox or Naggy on the first attempt within two hours of spawning with 20-30 members. 40+ was required, and you wanted 50+ to have a decent shot.

Shit was hard back then, because people were ignorant.

By the time Kunark rolled around there were enough endgame targets (and getting to 60 was slow enough) that logjamming at the endgame wasn't nearly as bad.

On P1999 we can look forward to another 9 months of a two-guild rotation. Woohoo.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    edited January 2010
    I never made it far enough to worry about endgame raiding the first time I played, and I doubt I will this time either.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited January 2010
    I think playing Jeebo is going to be a lot of fun once he can actually meditate. :P

Always wanted to have a Cleric since my Shaman was always playing second-fiddle on healing duty.

pardzh on

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    though really weren't shamans all about being buffers, and 2ndary healers.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

edited January 2010
    Don't forget slows. That is usually the reason why I would invite a Shaman.

OtistheGuard on
    edited January 2010
    Shaman were awesome, they could buff the shit out of you, slow, dot, heal, and they weren't as squishy as a druid. Too bad I never played one, I only ever played a druid. This is my first time to play anything else and it's pretty fun!

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • B.D.V.B.D.V. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bukkake, level 2 Dwarf Warrior up and running!

B.D.V. on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010

It also makes them the only other healer worth a crap besides clerics, but even then not quite up to par. Leaving superior heal out of shamans and druids in Classic was a serious oversight.

But since enchanters are part of the Holy Trinity you didn't usually need a shaman anyway.

At least shadowknights and paladins make better tanks than warriors, so it's not terribly difficult to get a tank.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Darmak wrote: »
    Shaman were awesome, they could buff the shit out of you, slow, dot, heal, and they weren't as squishy as a druid. Too bad I never played one, I only ever played a druid. This is my first time to play anything else and it's pretty fun!

Shaman were awesome during kunark, they were a bit weak in original. They had massive slows in kunark, which were insanely powerful (which also made them a powerhouse pvp class, any melee class that got slowed by a shaman was not a threat to that shaman anymore). Decent heals, not, though clerics were obviously the most powerful healers in the game, shaman heals weren't "bad" by any means. At least for grouping and smaller raids. Some of the best buffs for melee classes. They had all the best stat buffs, as well as a stacking HP+Stat buff, melee haste, and regeneration.

Add in that they had some of the most lethal dots in game, second only to necromancers, and IMO after playing both shaman and necro to high levels all the way to GoD expansion, not that far behind necromancers. A good shaman could really turn the tide of a group. Don't forget also, that with their regen spells, and huge regen spells (Torpor and such) combined with Cannabalize, they never ran out of mana.
    (As an aside 2boxing my necromancer / shaman combination was insanely potent. I could farm AA's all day in any plane of my choosing :p but I usually chose when where my necromancers dire charm worked. I actually leveled up my necro during the velious expansion when I first started 2boxing, he was "soloing" Tower of Frozen Shadows in the high 20's - low 30's with my shaman there to back him up. )

But again, this was Kunark and after. They were quite a bit weaker in classic if I remember correctly.

If this project is going to release Kunark ever, I would say playing a shaman would be a very wise choice. If not, eh.. not horrible, but if you're looking for a good group character there would be much better choices.

If i were to get in on this, which I kind of want to now, but I just don't have time :( I'd probably roll a necromancer or mage though. I enjoy pet classes.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So tempted, but too lazy to try and find a copy of EQ Titanium.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • MyCoCoMyCoCo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Drut, level 7 Troll Warrior.

Had fun last night, Befallen was a bit iffy, god damn packed rooms and having to crouch through doors with mobs in tow.

MyCoCo on
  • GhostManOnThirdGhostManOnThird Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Anyone on this server and using a mac? Was it easy to set up or should I just install it on my pc?

GhostManOnThird on
    edited January 2010

It also makes them the only other healer worth a crap besides clerics, but even then not quite up to par. Leaving superior heal out of shamans and druids in Classic was a serious oversight.

False. If they did this, outside of buff bots, there would be no need for a Cleric in the party.

The Sneak! on
    edited January 2010
    Anyone on this server and using a mac? Was it easy to set up or should I just install it on my pc?

I would save the hassle and just install on your PC, but there are a number of people on the server running it from a Mac.

The Sneak! on
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    we need a mage or 2 in the guild :P mostly because they're just too OP.

got my necro to 3 bars into 7 last night. i reckon i'll stick with him as my main, since there are plenty of every other class running around.
    At least shadowknights and paladins make better tanks than warriors, so it's not terribly difficult to get a tank.

do shd and pld really make better tanks than a war?

Feldorn on
    edited January 2010
    AMG CANT STOP PLAYING.

JEEBO MUST LEVEL.

pardzh on

edited January 2010
    calm down guy :P don't run away from the rest of us

Feldorn on
    edited January 2010
    i was thinking of something.

boats aren't running on this server, but i was wanting to go level on sisters of erollisi in OOT at lvl 12. can i still get out there?

Feldorn on
    edited January 2010
    I'm rerolling mage. Mage was my first char ever and had 180 days played on it and uh .. man, I just can't handle leveling a rogue. They're so awful early on, and mage is just so awesomely unfair.

MAGE BRO MAGE

Karrmer on
    edited January 2010
    Ok, found my old discs. Installing now, but I won't be able to play until tomorrow. Just got called in to work early.

SkyCaptain on
    edited January 2010
    sweet, our guild is lacking mages :winky:

Feldorn on
    edited January 2010
    I'll probably create a Cleric first and then a Wizard.

SkyCaptain on
    edited January 2010
    Feldorn wrote: »
    i was thinking of something.

boats aren't running on this server, but i was wanting to go level on sisters of erollisi in OOT at lvl 12. can i still get out there?

Boats aren't running but they have translocators in their place. They spawn and despawn on a timer similar to the boats though so you get to wait for them too. I wonder if people still shout, "BOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAT!!" :D

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
This discussion has been closed.