As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NFL Football 2009: Game of the week in progress

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2010
    So, they finally made Jets fandome an arrestable offense?

Tennessee Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt was arrested on Friday in Glen Ridge, New Jersey, NorthJersey.com is reporting.

According to the report, Britt was stopped for a traffic violation just after 11 p.m. Friday, and police discovered that he had three outstanding traffic warrants. Britt posted bail and was released later that night, and no additional charges were filed.
    Welcome to the club, Britt!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    I think Randy Moss needs to contact Britt on how to pay those violations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07G23zMGa4g

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    THE PURPLE JESUS WILL BRING US TO THE PROMISE LAND

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    PURPLE JESUS MADE A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL, PURPLE JESUS HAS FORSAKEN HIS PEOPLE!

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Purple Jesus vs. Breesus in the Game of the Century.

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Im hoping for AP to actually have a solid game in front of an audience...

mainly im hoping for him to have a solid game against someone not the Browns this year.

Seriously what happened? I cant tell. He used to be able to just swim through people. Seriously, he would hit the line, be stopped, then suddenly he would appear on the other side and take off running. Now he hits it and falls backwards and drops the ball :(

Somehow he has almost 1400 yards and a shit ton of TDs though, so I guess hes doing something right. But 2.2 yards per cary in the playoffs is not acceptable. I want the dream, shirtless running in commercials AP that ive come to know and love. And the Saints are really the team to bust that out on.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    AP doesn't get the big yards because every team going up against the Vikings is stuffing the line to block the runs. Why do you think Farva looks pretty good this year? They can either pull the defense up to keep Peterson contained or pull back to keep the midfield covered and prevent the pass game from Farva.

Kakodaimonos on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    But teams were stuffing the line to block the run even harder when they knew Jackson COULDNT exploit that fact. It makes no sense that teams would be playing AP any harder this year then last, if anything AP should have a lot less teams dedicating themselves to stopping him since the rest of the offense is so good.

I mean, I guess its feasible that they are playing to stop AP more this year then last, but it doesnt make sense to me. It seems it would be easier to run when the rest of the offense can actually do something.

And im pretty sure he saw a ton of 8-9 in the box last year, he just managed to swim through them.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Disrupter wrote: »
    But teams were stuffing the line to block the run even harder when they knew Jackson COULDNT exploit that fact. It makes no sense that teams would be playing AP any harder this year then last, if anything AP should have a lot less teams dedicating themselves to stopping him since the rest of the offense is so good.

I mean, I guess its feasible that they are playing to stop AP more this year then last, but it doesnt make sense to me. It seems it would be easier to run when the rest of the offense can actually do something.

And im pretty sure he saw a ton of 8-9 in the box last year, he just managed to swim through them.

A year of film with him playing against 8 and 9 people in the box Vs. virtually every single NFL team is a goldmine for Defensive Coaches. Not only do you have where they went wrong, but you could see his tendencies Vs. 8 and 9 people in the box.

You can also take into account that the Vikes haven't been especially tricky when running a running play that isn't to Percy Harvin.

Transporter on
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i agree. enough film can ruin anyones schtick. look at what happened to dallas and their draw plays. i dont have numbers for it but it seemed like every single one was negative yards.

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    it's too bad because that play fake/power draw action they ran was a neat thing that I can't remember seeing another team run very effectively.

It seems likely that it was more a result of minny's front playing out of their minds than anything, though.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Idx86 wrote: »
    It's equally conceivable that he'll take a bad angle on someone and let them blow by for a TD. This is what he managed to do all season long in 2008, which punched his ticket out of Minnesota.

I thought it was because Childress and his genius staff were playing him out of position and cutting back his ability to use his instincts. Pretty obvious that he wasn't the problem in MN; the scheme just wasn't right for his skill set.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The Chargers clock management wasn't really the problem, it was the players.
    They were grossly undisciplined just like every other fucking year.
    Too many stupid penalties and 9 pts left on the table by Kaeding.

Still hoping the Jets get smashed by the Colts, not because I'm bitter but because they don't belong in the playoffs.
    Although, it would be quite hilarious if the Colts lost, considering they cheated other teams out of a playoff spot by rolling over for the Jets.
    The hoopla generated by that would probably make analysts explode.

variant on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think Randy Moss needs to contact Britt on how to pay those violations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07G23zMGa4g

Definitely a classic.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    variant wrote: »

Still hoping the Jets get smashed by the Colts, not because I'm bitter but because they don't belong in the playoffs.
    Although, it would be quite hilarious if the Colts lost, considering they cheated other teams out of a playoff spot by rolling over for the Jets.

hahaha

you're not bitter?

ahahaha

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Honestly, I think kharma dictates that Indy lose this week. Houston already has hired voodoo priestesses to ensure this comes to pass.

Atomika on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The NFL makes paying fines very convenient.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    In (very minor) defense of Nate the great one of those field goal attempts was a 57 yarder "why the fuck not the half is over" attempts.

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Variable wrote: »

hahaha

you're not bitter?

ahahaha
    No, I'm not, I had said the same thing when the Jets were playing the Bengals. They don't belong there, the Texans do.

Also, Kaeding has kicked a 57 yard before, he almost made it look easy, and he's 6/10 or something over 50 yards.
    Even if you excuse the 57 yard one, the others are simply inexcusable, he simply choked in the most important game of his career...

variant on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    cut him and he can come kick for the Texans.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    chasm wrote: »
    It's equally conceivable that he'll take a bad angle on someone and let them blow by for a TD. This is what he managed to do all season long in 2008, which punched his ticket out of Minnesota.

I thought it was because Childress and his genius staff were playing him out of position and cutting back his ability to use his instincts. Pretty obvious that he wasn't the problem in MN; the scheme just wasn't right for his skill set.

I could be wrong, but I don't think much had changed in terms of defensive schemes and philosophies from the years that he played well here, to last year when he played awful. He just looked slow to react and took bad angles. That's not just me saying that though, pretty much all of the media here thought the same thing.

I think Sharper is still decent, and I think he gets rejuvenated when people say he can't do what he once did. Sounds like someone else on the Vikings I know. :winky:

On AP, part of the issue is that he is still a very impatient runner. He basically plows ahead rather than letting blocks develop. Chuck Foreman (great Vikings RB back in the day) basically said the same thing, and said that is what he did when he first came into the league.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    I think Sharper is still decent, and I think he gets rejuvenated when people say he can't do what he once did. Sounds like someone else on the Vikings I know. :winky:
    I hope you catch Favre's wife's breast cancer.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    No, I'm not, I had said the same thing when the Jets were playing the Bengals. They don't belong there, the Texans do.

Also, Kaeding has kicked a 57 yard before, he almost made it look easy, and he's 6/10 or something over 50 yards.
    Even if you excuse the 57 yard one, the others are simply inexcusable, he simply choked in the most important game of his career...

Man if a team that "Doesn't belong" can win two play off games shit I guess the bengals and chargers didn't belong either.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

Man if a team that "Doesn't belong" can win two play off games shit I guess the bengals and chargers didn't belong either.

srsly

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dynagrip wrote: »

If I do, Purple Jesus will heal me.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So what makes you "deserve" to be in the playoffs

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Why do the Texans belong and the Jets don't? What's the argument? Some wins count less than others? I mean, really? Why not the Steelers?

Cauld on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cauld wrote: »
    Why do the Texans belong and the Jets don't? What's the argument? Some wins count less than others? I mean, really? Why not the Steelers?
    I think it's partly (mostly?) about how the Colts took their starters out halfway through the Jets game in week 16, which gave the Jets an easy conference win.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yup and the Jets were winning the common opponent race before then too

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sanchez is going to win it all, I guarantee it.

weather man bob on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

If I do, Purple Jesus will heal me.
    he'll fumble the cure before he gets to you.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think it's partly (mostly?) about how the Colts took their starters out halfway through the Jets game in week 16, which gave the Jets an easy conference win.

That wasn't an easy win. I watched that game. The Colts pulled their starters right after the Jets scored a touchdown to take the lead. It ended up being easy after that. But still, so what? It was a regular season game. That's part of the luck of the nfl and the result of having a regular season that's only 16 games.

Cauld on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

That wasn't an easy win. I watched that game. The Colts pulled their starters right after the Jets scored a touchdown to take the lead. It ended up being easy after that. But still, so what? It was a regular season game. That's part of the luck of the nfl and the result of having a regular season that's only 16 games.
    I watched the game too! (damn you Curtis Painter, I was ready to love you as a Colt and a Boilermaker)

I'm not making the argument, so you'll need to wait for someone with their panties all caught in a twist to answer. I was just stating what I assumed the problem to be.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sanchez is going to win it all, I guarantee it.

...you fucking kidding me?

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think he meant Revis the guy who won the last two games

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Let us not forget that freaking Trent Dilfer has a ring. One does not need a QB to win a super bowl.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    sooo...Chan Gailey is the new Bill's head coach?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    sooo...Chan Gailey is the new Bill's head coach?

Super... ahh fuck it maybe they can play detroit like 9 times and finish above .500.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The resume isn't so bad.

It's just more people lined up for the Detroit job last year than the Bills job this year. The Bills are a shitty team that are some how sliding backwards, are broke, and are under constant threat of moving. No one wants to be there.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It looks like Josh McDaniels knew exactly who was going to replace Mike Nolan when the two men decided to "mutually part ways" Tuesday.

The Denver Post writes that the Broncos are "likely to soon name" former Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees as the team's new defensive chief. (Florio mentioned the possible reunion last night.)
    Now the Chargers and Raiders need to get in on this act.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.