As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NFL Football 2009: Game of the week in progress

1575859606163»

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Wait isn't Dean still here?

JustinSane07 on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wait isn't Dean still here?
    Wikipedia (which is probably horrible to look up current sports facts on) lists their Defensive Coordinator position as "Vacant."

iTunesIsEvil on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Well Dean's Wiki page says "With his contract set to expire following the 2009, Pees chose not to return to the team on January 14, 2010, and said he was considering retirement.[1]"

So it's recent.

JustinSane07 on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So if it's Jets- Vikings can we run with "Brett's former team back for revenge!!!"

Or would that only work with the Packers in a NFC Title playoff game?

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    So if it's Jets- Vikings can we run with "Brett's former team back for revenge!!!"

I don't want a jets vikings superbowl, because then the minnesota favres win.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

Only in the NFC Title Game. Brett was about as much a Jet as he was a Falcon.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I will accept Favre winning the superbowl only if it means he dies from a heart attack in the celebration so there is NO FUCKING CHANCE OF HIM NOT RETIRING.

Veevee on
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Veevee wrote: »
    I will accept Favre winning the superbowl only if it means he dies from a heart attack in the celebration so there is NO FUCKING CHANCE OF HIM NOT RETIRING.

I'd rather he NOT retire than pretend to retire and put us all through COMEBACK 3: THE COMEBACKENING.

Also, while highly improbable, if marky mark and his funky bunch were to somehow beat purple jesus in the super bowl we could spend the whole offseason asking if brett favre was what was holding the jets back last season.

Pellaeon on
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited January 2010
    Tim Tebow to appear in pro-life commercial during super bowl. Apparently his mom almost aborted him. Oklahoma fans ponder what might have been.

Tiger Burning on
    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You know being the coach of the buffalo bills is probably worse then not being the coach of any team. Like we are all better then their current coaching staff.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man, as much as I LOVE and ENJOY Rex Ryan, I hope the Colts smash the fuck outta Sanchize and the "Green Golaiths" LOL. They are full of ego at this point thinking they can cruse in Indy like last month.

Did someone send the Jet's player's a memo indicating how'd they were able to get here in the FIRST PLACE!?

Also, don't think for a minute that the Colts D is'nt salivating at the opportunity to prove themselves.The Media is still bagging on them for being pulled during the last game vs the Jets, and the fricken stupid as s"Buh THe J.E.T.S. breat the shit outta you guys 41-0 not to long ago in a Wildcard"!

Mark My Words, the Colts D is going to be fired up.

*Bonus points for anyone who can put Green on his ass for mocking LT last week."

Ticaldfjam on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah they got here by beating two very tough playoff teams

nexuscrawler on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

On the road.

Of course, the dome is a whole other animal, especially with Indy's skill players.

I think Revis will hold up on Wayne just fine, but I can see the rest of the secondary getting smoked on routes if they don't jam Collie and Garcon at the line.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

On the road.

Of course, the dome is a whole other animal, especially with Indy's skill players.

I think Revis will hold up on Wayne just fine, but I can see the rest of the secondary getting smoked on routes if they don't jam Collie and Garcon at the line.

Dome?

Indy has Lucas Oil now. Far from the RCA/Hoosier Dome.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    no Jet thinks this is gonna be the same game as last time.

haha radio dude just called this Frankenstein vs. His Monster since this was all the Colts doing.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2010
    215549858_hv8zj-L-2.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.