As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Solicitations for April 2010 [PREVIEW]

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Graphic Violence
Here are the previews for Marvel's April solicitations. The full solicits should be out tomorrow.

Ultimate books

Avengers and Siege books

X solicits

Spidey solicits

Marvel Universe

Oh, and apparently all of the Avengers titles are "ending" in April.

EDIT: Added two more links. At this rate, there won't be much in the solicits that we don't already know.

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• Options
    Magna InfernoMagna Inferno Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Magna Inferno on
    ultimates-1.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cover for Ultimate X is soooo bad.

Also, I'm guessing that Juggernaut and Spider-Man are fighting someone who got tired of being put in the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cover for Ultimate X is soooo bad.

Agreed. The Ultimate books in general look pretty cool though.

Solar on
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So they're cancelling all their books? I'm assuming that new titles will replace the existing books?

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Probably a return to a flagship "Avengers" title with some spin-offs. I think Avengers: Academy is nigh-on comfirmed.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I imagine they'll be relaunching three of the books and DA will go away. I suppose the MA and NA casts will be shuffled around, with one being based in NYC and the other working out of Pym's Infinite Avengers Mansion. Hopefully Pym's team will start doing some cosmic level work. The Avengers have been entirely too focused on Earth since Disassembled, and a shit load of stuff has happened in the cosmos that they need to get up to speed on.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think we'll still have four Avengers titles - two by Bendis, one by Slott, one by Gage. What those titles will be beyond Gage's Avengers Academy, only Marvel knows.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    X-Solicits
    X-MEN LEGACY #235
    Written by MIKE CAREY
    Penciled by GREG LAND
    Cover by ADI GRANOV
    Variant Cover by DAVID FINCH
    IRON MAN BY DESIGN VARIANT by DAVE JOHNSON
    SECOND COMING, CHAPTER FOUR
    The X-Men chasing Cable and Hope have lost a teammate. They aren’t giving up, but the trail has gone cold. That’s where Rogue comes in. But how could she know where Hope and Cable are? And the battle between the New Mutants and Hodge’s forces ends here!
    32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

He's spreading across the X-titles now, gird your loins.

Deadpool and Cable #25 is the last issue of Cable it seems.

And I am super giddy for X-Factor Forever now, two thumbs up.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hm, I was planning on eventually canceling my X-Men Legacy subscription in favor of trade waiting, guess this means I'll be doing it sooner rather than later.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Newsarama has more solicits. Lots of good looking stuff in there. They're pushing the Iron Man stuff very hard.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah looks like we are getting iron man covers for almost every title similar to how we got the wolverine covers last year.

Magna Inferno on
    ultimates-1.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh my, colour me shocked a big event/new age is yet again upon us and all the previews whisper of
    "someone" dying [in the X-books]. Can't they come up with a better ploy? Or at least an origional one.
    I'm going with Emma dying. I don't want he to die so by picking her I hope the universe will spare her simply to prove me wrong
    And I'm also slightly annoyed that it's Deadpool&Cable and not Cable&Deadpool.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That Marvel Universe link links to Marvel's April Spider-man page, buddy.

Is there a cover for Frankencastle... 16 (?) yet?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    That Marvel Universe link links to Marvel's April Spider-man page, buddy.

Is there a cover for Frankencastle... 16 (?) yet?

I fixed the link.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    And I'm also slightly annoyed that it's Deadpool&Cable and not Cable&Deadpool.

Marvel are releasing deluxe hardcovers of the 2004 Cable & Deadpool series, but are now calling it Deadpool & Cable. Jerry can only hope for it to be "Jerry & Ben's" one day.

That is how committed they are to Deadpool right now.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    When Cable can be the star of more books than Wolverine every month, he can bitch about who gets top billing. Though renaming C&D is silly. If you're inclined to like Deadpool, I really doubt that you'll miss out on C&D because Deadpool isn't the lead name.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    you know I am glad that cable and deadpool is coming back

but not so glad fabian isnt' writing it again

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    PUNISHER #16
    Written by RICK REMENDER
    Penciled by TONY MOORE
    Cover by MIKE McKONE
    IRON MAN
    BY DESIGN VARIANT by TBA
    “FRANKEN-CASTLE,” PART 6
    Somewhere on the Demonplanes of black Limbo, two men, two monsters, struggle to murder one another. Frank Castle has taken a pledge to protect the citizens of
Monster Metropolis and the only way to fulfill his oath -- murder the hell out of Robert Hellsgaard. But in order to defeat the monster hunter Frank will have to die. Again. The Legion of Monsters are defeated and diminished. Frank’s cobbled body is failing him. The bad guys don’t stand a chance. A swift kick, a jagged bone sticking through your shin -- enter the conclusion of Franken-Castle!

Dang, it sounds like Frankencastle is not goign to be around much longer. I didn't really expect it to be around any longer than Captain Punishment, but it was a cool thing.

Nemesis has a really nice looking cover, aside from that one dude on the left having two identical scopes on his rifle. That's just silly.

And Hickman's Shield thing looks interesting.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Roger Stern and Lee Weeks?
    Zeb Wells and Chris Bachalo?
    April looks to be a good month for Spidey!

But is Peter Parker an ongoing? Does that mean we have 3 Spider-man ongoings right now? Wasn't the whole "ASM 3 times a month" thing meant to stop that?

MastaP on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think Peter Parker is going to operate like the ASM Extras. It'll come out whenever they have enough material to justify an issue.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I wonder what is going to happen to Castle after this.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    hmph. no interesting trades for me.

Rans on
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ugh..."Cosmic Hulk"....

No more Jeph Loeb...please...I beg you...

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    A forth Deadpool Ongoing.

Wonderful. After the Frankencastle issue of Deadpool team-up, I'll be dropping that and reading only the original Solo deadpool.

Also, hurrah for Second Coming in that it ends three or four years of story, but boo to a lot of the other stuff about it. I'll read Uncanny like I usually do, but probably skip out on most of the other stuff in favor of waiting for a trade.

Also, I'm really excited about Hickman's Shield, since it's going to provide some historical context and background to both Secret Warriors as well as Fantastic Four.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    DEADPOOL TEAM-UP #894
    Written by Ivan Brandon
    Penciled by Sanford Greene
    Cover by Humerto Ramos
    IRON MAN BY DESIGN VARIANT by TBA
    A DAME TO GET KILLED FOR. When a widow hires Deadpool to avenge her husband and kill The Punisher, Wade Wilson follows a trail that leads him under the city of NY and headfirst into an army of monsters lead by the animated remains of his prey. What he finds is that FrankenCastle is already dead... but that doesn't make him any less deadly.

Deadpool Team-up 894: Frankencastle will be wonderful. I've never heard of Ivan Brandon or Sanford Greene though.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Full solicitations are up: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24463

EDIT: And I was right, 98% of the solicits were posted as previews.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ivan Brandon did NYC Mech and Viking, which were pretty good, and Final Crisis: Escape, which was pretty not good. Sanford Greene's the guy who did the Wonder Girl series, which I thought looked pretty cool, but I recall a lot of people hated.

Also, this looks fun in a profoundly retarded way. Can Jeff Parker, the man who made a bunch of heroes turning into MODOKs awesome, do the same thing for heroes turning into Hulks?

I say yes.

Munch on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    How is it noone has commented on Marvel Her-oes yet??
    MARVEL HER-OES #1
    Written by GRACE RANDOLPH
    Pencils & Cover by CRAIG ROUSSEAU
    High school equals: bad cafeteria food, bullies, gym class and…people with secret super powers? As if!! Janet Van Dyne’s no stranger to the pitfalls of teenage living, but it’s about to get a whole lot trickier now that she has powers of her own. It’s hard keeping a secret like that in high school, especially when it would be so easy to send some blasts in the direction of her nemesis and popular ice queen, Namora. Maybe Janet would get a break then. Too bad she’s stuck pretending she’s normal. Too bad she’s in this all alone… or is she? Jenny Walters has some anger issues herself, causing her to Hulk out! Turns out the school theatre isn’t the only place you’ll find some drama this year!!
    32 PGS/Rated A…$2.99

58_MARVEL_HER_OES_1.jpg

I'm still too blown away by the awful pun to process the actual content

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Also this made me chuckle
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHO WON’T WIELD THE SHIELD?
    Written by CLASSIFIED
    Pencils and & Cover by CLASSIFIED
    Steve Rogers has returned! In fact he was in such a hurry that he actually came back before the story was done! But, whatever, I'm sure no one even noticed. Anyway, Bucky Barnes is the current Captain America, and has come into his own in the role in a story Captain America editor Tom Brevoort calls "the greatest single marriage of words and pictures in the history of the English language. Suck it, rest of literature!" But will Bucky go back to being the Winter Soldier? Are there others in line? Who cares?! All we're interested in is who WON'T be holding that Vibranium laced hunk of junk and what major new Marvel event comic it leads into. Who won't wield the shield? It could be not YOU!!! (Featuring a special appearance by everybody's favorite underused character, Deadpool! At last, Deadpool! In a comic!)
    32 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T+…$3.99

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Not many trades out in April I want. I'll probably get Strange and the second volume of Remender's Punisher.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm torn on buying that Firestar one-shot; on the one hand, I haven't read anything from Sean McKeever which I liked since he went DC-exclusive. Though I heard good things about Nomad.

On the other hand, Emma Rios is doing the art, and she's been killing on the Strange mini.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    I'm torn on buying that Firestar one-shot; on the one hand, I haven't read anything from Sean McKeever which I liked since he went DC-exclusive. Though I heard good things about Nomad.

On the other hand, Emma Rios is doing the art, and she's been killing on the Strange mini.

To boost sales Marvel should have made all profits from Firestar go to a cancer group. I would buy it if they did that. (and it also wipes some egg off their face from that BN swap debacle).

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So is that DeadPool and Cable 25 a one shot pretty much?

Magna Inferno on
    ultimates-1.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's the last issue of the current Cable series, the way it's written.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It's also probably the middle chapter of Second Coming, the end of all the Messiah stuff with hope.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    It's also probably the middle chapter of Second Coming, the end of all the Messiah stuff with hope.

Nope. In fact it takes place during Messiah Complex.

Nomad is good and you should pick it up

Furu on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Virral wrote: »
    Also this made me chuckle
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHO WON’T WIELD THE SHIELD?
    Written by CLASSIFIED
    Pencils and & Cover by CLASSIFIED
    Steve Rogers has returned! In fact he was in such a hurry that he actually came back before the story was done! But, whatever, I'm sure no one even noticed. Anyway, Bucky Barnes is the current Captain America, and has come into his own in the role in a story Captain America editor Tom Brevoort calls "the greatest single marriage of words and pictures in the history of the English language. Suck it, rest of literature!" But will Bucky go back to being the Winter Soldier? Are there others in line? Who cares?! All we're interested in is who WON'T be holding that Vibranium laced hunk of junk and what major new Marvel event comic it leads into. Who won't wield the shield? It could be not YOU!!! (Featuring a special appearance by everybody's favorite underused character, Deadpool! At last, Deadpool! In a comic!)
    32 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T+…$3.99

That is probably my new favorite write up of anything ever. If they can poke fun at it why can't they, you know, avoid silly shit like that which requires said fun poking?

Case in point: Her-oes. Do we tell Greenpeace of Marvel's intention to waste paper on this or let them find out on their own?

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ivan Brandon did NYC Mech and Viking, which were pretty good, and Final Crisis: Escape, which was pretty not good. Sanford Greene's the guy who did the Wonder Girl series, which I thought looked pretty cool, but I recall a lot of people hated.

Thanks for the info, Munch. I remember hearing good things about those two.

Greene's blog has some nice looking stuff on it.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DreamonDreamon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Did anyone noticed what I saw on the Fall of The Hulks cover? I mean I loved deadpool but speaking of overusing him:
    There is a hulkified deadpool on the cover :sigh:
    129_WORLD_WAR_HULKS_1.jpg

Dreamon on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Deadpool should guest-star in Marvel Her-oes. He can team up with Machine Man to educate the girls about their developing bodies and nascent sexuality.

Admit it. That's the only way you'd consider buying that comic.

Robos A Go Go on