As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hates, Hopes, and Happy Holidays

• SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nope, the entirety of the faction (all 10 members or so) are inside the instance. The only way to get rep is by making things die inside.

Samphis on
  • MEGAMERICANMEGAMERICAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Angry wrote: »
    Halfmex wrote: »
    FFFFFFF: My first time ever seeing the blue proto drake today after god knows how many runs of that shit instance, and in moment of forgetfulness I asked the winner if he wanted to part with it for 5k. He agreed (!) and I was overjoyed...until I received the "Cannot trade with players from other realms" message.

Fucking lame.

we got this as our random heroic, things are going fine, random dps drops out during the encounter, i queue us up. we get a warlock, he's running to the fight just as the boss comes down. we kill the boss, warlock still isn't even remotely close.

drake drops, he rolls, wins, leaves the instance.

i actually thought it was pretty funny.

Every Oculus run I had dropped that drake for at least one person.
    Happy: I got it two nights ago.

Also re: Ashen Verdict.
    Is there someone to talk to outside or does the rep gathering start automatically as you enter ICC for the first time?

It starts as soon as you start killing trash inside ICC. Once you hit friendly an NPC at the beginning has a quest for you to choose which ring you want.

Happy: Will get exalted with the Ashen Verdict tonight!

MEGAMERICAN on
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I got the rep bar when I went into a ICC cleared up to Saurfang. I didn't get any rep because we didn't kill em and there was no trash to kill, but yea, the rep started when I talked to one of the NPCs right inside the instance.

Bigity on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bigity wrote: »
    I got the rep bar when I went into a ICC cleared up to Saurfang. I didn't get any rep because we didn't kill em and there was no trash to kill, but yea, the rep started when I talked to one of the NPCs right inside the instance.

Talk to any NPC first yes or you won't get rep for the trash.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
    edited January 2010
    What? No, you still do. Interacting with any NPC of a faction just shows you the rep bar. You would still get rep on the first kill, which would also cause the bar to be shown. They all work like that.

Samphis on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Samphis wrote: »
    What? No, you still do. Interacting with any NPC of a faction just shows you the rep bar. You would still get rep on the first kill, which would also cause the bar to be shown. They all work like that.

I stand corrected then, but I'm still going to an npc with any new character I bring in because better safe for the 5 seconds it takes.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Depending on how you have your chat window set up, you can see this in action all the time.

Wander up to an npc in a new zone, chat with them, and "you have become Neutral with _____" will pop up.

Late edit: Or kill a mob that gives the new faction, of course.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've had this happen for running BC heroics for the achievements. I won't have the rep bar, I'll kill something, and then I'll be neutral with some faction immediately.

Langly on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    We got Naxx again. 7 weeks and counting.

(Anub this week)

SabreMau on
  • Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Exalted Verdict on Sunday!

Happy: Our exceptionally melee heavy 10 man group was making awesome progress on putricide, something like 37% on our 3rd try (im so sorry healers)... But then a few people got stuck having to pickup a drunk friend, or taking care of a waking baby (cont'd)

Ugh: When i say exceptionally melee heavy i mean one mage that sucks, does like 3500 dps on the fight while all the melee are around atleast 5-6k on putricide even with movement (2 ferals, 2 dks, usually 2 or 3 rogues) and our 3 healers.

Annoyed: The reason we just dont sit the mage all together is... well we don't even need him for saurfang (rogues tricks a healer and we burn them before they reach)... hes just whiny. And we're a guild of "friends" so... meh. We have to do a dps rotation of one person missing per week and he cries like a mofo when its his turn. We lucked out and he missed raid time by 45 mins a couple weeks ago without notice so we took the easy route and he was SOL though he still complained.

(cont'd) So anyways, he gets in, another dk gets in and while its not going horribly, its not necessarily going well. We were just getting really shitty luck. Like one healer getting goo'd then getting the green slime rooting her. Or the green slime exploding with me resisting but then immediately choosing me and dying instantly.

We did end up getting him into p3 a handful of times and went really well. Should get him this week if we don't move over to blood queen.

Thomase1984 on
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So far so good: Got DirectX 11 for Vista installed during lunch and started up WoW (unrelated to DX11 I know), switched the video options to pump up everything, though come to think of it I still need to turn up AA. Was running great...

Hilarious: Ran the FEAR 1 benchmark because it's the only thing I had around off hand. Average 167 fps, max fps 383.

Hate: Still only getting ~20 fps in Dalaran. *sigh* Fuck you Dal.

Dranyth on
    edited January 2010
    Turn the realistic shadows off. That should give you 60 FPS. That thing is a MAJOR resource hog.

Samphis on
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Turn the realistic shadows off. That should give you 60 FPS. That thing is a MAJOR resource hog.

Out in Org I was up in the 50s+ area, when I left Dalaran to fly over and get my daily done, I was getting about 45fps flying over Icecrown.

Dalaran itself is just a bit of a shithole still. And I suppose I *could* turn off the shadows... but they're so pretty. I used to have the Shadow slider all the way off, I wonder if it'd be alright to set it to the middle then?

Dranyth on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I just have shadows set to vaguely realistic.

I have no idea how far along the slider that's supposed to be.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dranyth wrote: »

Dalaran itself is just a bit of a shithole still. And I suppose I *could* turn off the shadows... but they're so pretty.

I agree. The day of the shadowing patch I was surprised by just how much better WoW was looking.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    There's shadows in WoW?

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    Rain sometimes too.

But I didn't know that until I upgraded my old PC

Bigity on
    edited January 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    There's shadows in WoW?

The shadowing engine was added sometime during BC. It isn't perfect but its a hundred times better than the drop shadows that are used without it.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
    edited January 2010
    Jephery wrote: »
    There's shadows in WoW?

The shadowing engine was added sometime during BC. It isn't perfect but its a hundred times better than the drop shadows that are used without it.

I'm 110% sure he was being facetious.

Bigity on
    edited January 2010
    Bigity wrote: »
    There's shadows in WoW?

I'm 110% sure he was being facetious.

Yeah I thought so too. But I also thought maybe he actually never did turn them on.

Jephery on
    }
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    We got Naxx again. 7 weeks and counting.

(Anub this week)

We really are the worst server in terms of raiding.

Kreutz on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    There's shadows in WoW?

It was added in 3.0

Which technically means you're right. Technically.

*whistles innocently*

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited January 2010
    End wrote: »
    There's shadows in WoW?

It was added in 3.0

Which technically means you're right. Technically.

*whistles innocently*

(Futurama) The best kind of correct!

Jephery on
    }
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: Apartment I thought I was getting, turns out someone else got it first, so now I have to keep looking. I was all thinking that I'd be able to move in February 1 and be able to raid again in time for the end of ICC and hard modes, but now who knows...

riz on
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hilarious: queue for random daily and I get HVH. Not that bad until I see the two other dps besides myself.

The Ret Pally
    and
    The Arms Warrior

Luckily, I was the smart one and did 50% of the damage for the run(tank did 25%). We even got the etheral boss and the voidwalker guy.

To top it off the warrior ninjas the drops from the last boss. Good times.

Hate: Getting grouped with always fail dps.

Happy: New armory looks cool.

Question: Can I ignore people from other realms to eliminate them from every grouping with me again?

tallgeeze on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    Hilarious: queue for random daily and I get HVH. Not that bad until I see the two other dps besides myself.

The Ret Pally
    and
    The Arms Warrior

Luckily, I was the smart one and did 50% of the damage for the run(tank did 25%). We even got the etheral boss and the voidwalker guy.

To top it off the warrior ninjas the drops from the last boss. Good times.

Hate: Getting grouped with always fail dps.

Happy: New armory looks cool.

Question: Can I ignore people from other realms to eliminate them from every grouping with me again?

Answer: Yes

You can right-click on their name in chat to do it, or you can type in /ignore name-realm

Seg on
  • OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Does that paladin... actually have a glyph for a skill he can't use?

edit: well, at least he's in the right guild

OldSlacker on
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thx, Seg. those guys are now ignored.

tallgeeze on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Does that paladin... actually have a glyph for a skill he can't use?

edit: well, at least he's in the right guild

Eeee yeah, I used to play on Galakrond, and there are a lot of very, very bad players on that server. Doesn't help that its a super-backwater too.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    DharmaBum wrote: »
    Hate: waking up early to get your dailies done with your first cup of coffee only to realize that it's Tuesday.

Try being forcibly booted off the server in the middle of your prime playtime >.<
    I really hated having Tuesday and Wednesday nights off at my last job, two nights a week to play WoW and one of them happens to me maintenance. :x

This is why I prefer the EvE Online maintenance method. They have downtime every day, for an hour at a time. It means that instead of one night a week being completely unavailable, (for Australians), I have one hour of maintenance at 7pm my time. It works out well, because instead of getting home at 5:30pm, jumping on and not getting off until bed, I have a forced break at 7pm in which I have to get up, do things. Its not so much that I need a game to force me to take a break but it reminds me to. And then, I often end up sitting with the missus or going for a walk together or whatever and end up spending a lot more than an hour away from the game.

Dhalphir on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Easy Weekly Raid (Raz) and the Daily Random dungeon got me enough Frosts for the T10 Chest. Now to start saving for the Head.

Hope: the loot pattern continues for the Ice boss in VoA and I can grab the gloves and pants there. (Come Feb 2nd)

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    O_o: This week's raid quest is Noth. This marks the 3rd week in a row that we've had this boss.

Nobody on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    Hate: The Forgotten Coast. Also the lazy ass fucker who got our guild here. Reason was his priest was there and it'll be a challenge at a ratio of 4:1 Horde to alliance! Well now hes stopped playing and we can barely get 10 people on to do anything. There are about 5 of us who are all able to get on when asked and I can understand most others can't due to work. However if one person out of our 10 man group can't show were fucked because the ass backwards server is so shitty we can't even recruit non awful/idiotic people to fill the gaps.

This server can't pug anything either. I've never seen one form. Ok one did and it was one that my guild started for badges.

Happy: ICC 10 man is fun.

I was on TFC horde side during burning crusade. I had some good times, but most of the people I liked jumped ship or stopped playing. Things were not that great horde side, so I can't imagine what they are like for the alliance.

The name Reason does sound familiar.

That wasn't the Priest name the reason we are on this shitty server is because of a priest. I love the small group of people we play with the thing is I hate this server and its really hard to play my Deathknight when I know hes going to just going to be guildless when the couple of people just stop playing him. I could just transfer him to my Horde server but then I'd feel like I abandoned the guys who I basically play every game with. Also the server my horde is on is 3 hours behind me so in looking for a guild it has to be EST or close to that and just a casual 10 man guild.

I could work on my Paladin to bad he has kinda crappy tank gear (as in like 22k hp) and even worse DPS gear so I can't do anything without getting bitched at. Maybe it's time to try healing out.

/raaaage

Hate: People not showing up for 10 man stuff. If you say your going to be there be there please :|. If its uncertain then say that like the other 4 people who did just that. That way I won't be annoyed if we don't run something.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Slowly starting upon the path towards a Shadow's Edge of my very own.

Hate: Until I've got Acidic Blood off Rotface or Festergut, I'm going it alone in Collectathion 2010: DK64's Revenge.

mrsnackroad on
  • SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: Grizzly hills. Mage is 76 but i dont want to do another quest here. I might just abandon them all and go straight to Zul'Drak.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • QuantumQuarkQuantumQuark Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Splintered Door of the Citadel

Hate: The Ret Paladin who rolled on it.

Happy: I won the roll.

Happier: Booted his ass immediately and 4-manned the rest of the instance.

QuantumQuark on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    See that is bordering on abuse of the vote-kick system.

And yet I can't vote-kick assholes who join the group and AFK at the door while we clear trash, etc.

riz on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Splintered Door of the Citadel

Hate: The Ret Paladin who rolled on it.

Happy: I won the roll.

Happier: Booted his ass immediately and 4-manned the rest of the instance.

Fucking paladins working on their tanking sets! HOW DARE THEY!

-SPI- on
  • QuantumQuarkQuantumQuark Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Then he can join the instance and tank?

When I've come in to tank N HoR for the umpteenth time and laid, flat-out, that I only want that shield and that it is the only thing I'm going to be rolling for, I don't appreciate DPS rolling off-spec on it, particularly when it is the highest ilevel non-raid shield in the game.

I would not roll over him on Mourning Malice, I would not roll over a Hunter on the bow.

It's actually kind of academic, since he ported out as soon as he rolled. We were 4-manning it either way.

QuantumQuark on
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    How dare people work on a tanking set so they can enter an instance and not get booted for being undergeared while actually overgearing heroics.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
This discussion has been closed.