As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2010 APAX meetup [ATL Get!]

• TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh I see, for some reason I thought you guys stayed at the one in Kennesaw last year.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think joker got confused he's updating the OP sometime though. The actual kennesaw one costs more and doesn't look as nice.

DeShadowC on
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    yeah my bad, it's actualy in Atlanta, not in kennesaw. I fucked up guys, my bad.

Jokerman on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So I want to play some D&D. Like, hard.

I want to play it hard.

Mr Pink on
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man..I wanna be in the ATL now....so bad!

but that's just me being a spoiled lil fuck. I'd already attended PAX 09 in Seattle this past year.

Hope you all have a great time at PAXATL next year.

Ticaldfjam on
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I am most likely going to miss this. My fiancee is going to be visiting me that weekend. I was looking forward to gaming with you fools but maybe next year.

Smurph on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Smurph wrote: »
    So I am most likely going to miss this. My fiancee is going to be visiting me that weekend. I was looking forward to gaming with you fools but maybe next year.

Bring her along. I may be bringing mine.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »
    The Vortex Bar and Grill, where you can get an awesome Double coronary burger stacked with two fried eggs, five pieces of bacon, four slices of cheese, sandwiched between two grilled cheese sandwichs (And yes it is every bit as delicious as it sounds)

And wasn't on the new menu as of last week.

Aneurhythmia on
    edited January 2010
    The Vortex Bar and Grill, where you can get an awesome Double coronary burger stacked with two fried eggs, five pieces of bacon, four slices of cheese, sandwiched between two grilled cheese sandwichs (And yes it is every bit as delicious as it sounds)

And wasn't on the new menu as of last week.

It's still on there web menu.

http://www.thevortexbarandgrill.com/menus/WebMenu.pdf
    It seems updated through 2010.

double-bypass-burger-vortex.jpg

Who wants to climb this mountain?

Jokerman on
    edited January 2010
    Omg that looks amazing. Probably the calories I'm supposed to have in like a week but mmm.

DeShadowC on
    edited January 2010
    My old roommate said it was the greatest thing he ever put in his mouth.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    I've made one at home a couple of times. Let me tell you something, it is fucking delicious and it's a cornerstone of their menu.

The only way they're going to take it off is if like, the surgeon general gets wind of this.

Jokerman on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    hm, that thing looks like it passes the line between decadent and so fattening it's not even tasty anymore. But I will take yous words for it.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2010
    I saw that picture and I came

Organichu on
    edited January 2010
    'Nichu, you've already fallen off the wagon. Dont go down this dark road!

Jokerman on
    edited January 2010
    I've made one at home a couple of times. Let me tell you something, it is fucking delicious and it's a cornerstone of their menu.

The only way they're going to take it off is if like, the surgeon general gets wind of this.

I mean, I was physically at the Little 5 Vortex, and it wasn't on the menu. I'm sure it'll go back on when enough people ask for it or may have already, but the website is more representative of the Midtown location anyway. Try ordering half the beers you see on their site at Little 5.

Aneurhythmia on
    edited January 2010

I mean, I was physically at the Little 5 Vortex, and it wasn't on the menu. I'm sure it'll go back on when enough people ask for it or may have already, but the website is more representative of the Midtown location anyway. Try ordering half the beers you see on their site at Little 5.

I so desperately dont want to be that guy, but I'm sure if for whatever reason it's not on the menu, they'll still serve it. I'll ask about it, next time I go in there (which should be this weekend, woohoo!)

Jokerman on
    edited January 2010

I so desperately dont want to be that guy, but I'm sure if for whatever reason it's not on the menu, they'll still serve it. I'll ask about it, next time I go in there (which should be this weekend, woohoo!)

As a server I can assure you they probably wont care if you ask. Just say something like 'hey I don't see it on the menu anymore, can you guys still make x?'

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited January 2010

The blond waitress whose name I can't think of at the moment said they get at least one order for a regular bypass every day, though the double less often. I don't know what the numbers on their other burgers look like, but I'd have to imagine they'd at least put the regular back on the menu if they haven't already. I can't think of any toppings on it that would be difficult to keep in stock, but they're constantly out of beers and dropping things from their menu at that location, so...

Aneurhythmia on
    edited January 2010

The blond waitress whose name I can't think of at the moment said they get at least one order for a regular bypass every day, though the double less often. I don't know what the numbers on their other burgers look like, but I'd have to imagine they'd at least put the regular back on the menu if they haven't already. I can't think of any toppings on it that would be difficult to keep in stock, but they're constantly out of beers and dropping things from their menu at that location, so...

Thats weird, I've never had them be out of stock on anything.

But if we went to eat at the vortex, it'd probably be midtown anyways. There's like negative space at the one in l5p.

Jokerman on
    edited January 2010
    I suppose that is a concern. If you're caravaning folks, parking in Little 5 would probably be a lot easier though. And if any number of these folks are from out of town, Little 5 is better for general sightseeing or what have you. Less crowded at lunch anyway.

Aneurhythmia on
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You could take a Little 5 sightseeing tour of all the dumb fuckers who bought the "renovated" "townhomes" right across the street and are now homeless because turns out they couldn't afford $250,000 for 700 sq ft of shitty remodeling.

Make you feel better about any current troubles you have.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    edited January 2010
    I suppose that is a concern. If you're caravaning folks, parking in Little 5 would probably be a lot easier though. And if any number of these folks are from out of town, Little 5 is better for general sightseeing or what have you. Less crowded at lunch anyway.

Yeah, I mean there are plenty of other options for food, but it'd be alot easier to shoehorn a bunch of people into an SUV or something then to wait on a table for 12 in L5P's

Jokerman on
    edited January 2010
    So to settle this, I asked about the bypass burger on the Vortex facebook page and got this in responce.

"Heck no! We still offer the Coronary Bypass and the Double Bypass, along with the our latest heart-stopping addition: the Super-Stack Heart Attack Burger. Made with two half-pound sirloin patties stacked inside three grilled cheese sandwiches, topped with two fried eggs, eight slices of American cheese, ten slices of bacon, and plenty of mayo. With this burger we choose your side, and it’s a big bowl of fries and tots covered in our cheesy-cheese goo."

YES! YES! YES YES YES YES!

Jokerman on
    edited January 2010
    So to settle this, I asked about the bypass burger on the Vortex facebook page and got this in responce.

"Heck no! We still offer the Coronary Bypass and the Double Bypass, along with the our latest heart-stopping addition: the Super-Stack Heart Attack Burger. Made with two half-pound sirloin patties stacked inside three grilled cheese sandwiches, topped with two fried eggs, eight slices of American cheese, ten slices of bacon, and plenty of mayo. With this burger we choose your side, and it’s a big bowl of fries and tots covered in our cheesy-cheese goo."

Does that meal come with a new heart to replace the one you are about to fucking obliterate?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »

Does that meal come with a new heart to replace the one you are about to fucking obliterate?

Who cares? What do you need for a heart when you're in heaven?

Jokerman on
    edited January 2010
    okay that one DEFINITELY crosses a line between decadent and I think I want to vomit a little. Grilled cheese? Grilled cheese?

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited January 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »

Who cares? What do you need for a heart when you're in heaven?

Touche, good sir.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    okay that one DEFINITELY crosses a line between decadent and I think I want to vomit a little. Grilled cheese? Grilled cheese?

You are aware that the bypass burgers use grilled cheese for buns too, right?

Jokerman on
    edited January 2010

As the resident vegetarian at these gatherings I just threw up a little.

A lot.

Mr Pink on
    edited January 2010
    Mr Pink wrote: »

A lot.

You could like, do a Veggie Demon burger.

That actualy sounds good.

Jokerman on
    edited January 2010

A lot.

If they can do that, I'll join you in destroying our bodies. Basically just replace the bacon and beef and I'm set.

Mr Pink on
    edited January 2010

A lot.

If they can do that, I'll join you in destroying our bodies. Basically just replace the bacon and beef and I'm set.

I dont know if they have a bacon substitute, but I KNOW they have like, a veggie burger. And even if they dont have a bacon substute you can always throw down on a Veggie Demon burger, which is a thick burger (or Veggie burger in your case) topped with Roasted red pepper, pepper jack cheese, and Pepper rellish.

Man that sounds fucking delicious.

Jokerman on
    edited January 2010
    I'm at work so I can't pull it up now but I remember seeing a few veggie options on the menu on their website.

DeShadowC on
  • Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

A lot.

Go to Soul Vegetarian instead and get a basket of deep fried tofu. It's Vegan Soul Food. They have some healthy stuff, but why bother when you eat that all the time?

Or Go to one of the tons of places that serves Southern Indian fried street foods here and get all sorts of greasy fried vegetarian goodness.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hey, so... I kinda want to go to this little shindig, but lack funds a bit. I missed out on the last one, and it seemed fairly awesome. I should have asked this a while back, but... ehh... I don't actually have a decent reason. Whatever, I was wondering if there were any folk looking to split a room/suite(seemed like they were the same price when I checked on prices) and/or transportation from about the central florida area(I've got a reliable land-yacht, but any gas money saved could easily find another use).

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
    edited January 2010
    I know that Keenan is from that area, but his lame ass isnt coming.

Shadow is from Tampa. Maybe try getting with him?

Jokerman on
    edited January 2010
    I know that Keenan is from that area, but his lame ass isnt coming.

Shadow is from Tampa. Maybe try getting with him?

Keenans from Tampa, I'm from Jax.

DeShadowC on
    edited January 2010
    ...fucking florida...

Jokerman on
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I ate at the Vortex for the first time today (the one in Little 5). It was delicious!

And the Double Coronary was on the menu.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg