As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Healthcare Reform: Critical Mass

1565758596062»

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well, it was obviously a dodgy comment from this guy:
    browntownl.jpg

but the dead intern comment is probably questionable.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    ackack Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    glen beck wants to legalize w33d so what ever

legalize it

ack on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I dunno, dead interns will give much needed American jobs to the mortician and funeral industries.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    Hey, I agreed with Beck! Time to go kill myself!

Select your gun and then select your Meissnerd.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I dunno, dead interns will give much needed American jobs to the mortician and funeral industries.

And as long as they're white and pretty they'll help bolster the failing newspaper industry.

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i bet if i wait like a year and half to get an eReader they will completely own

wider bookz selection i mean

ack on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Everyone is going to be watching Brown like a hawk.

Javen on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2010

if the health care bill doesn't go through, I think those industries will get a huge bump from all the poors anyways!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    fucking america

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ack wrote: »
    i bet if i wait like a year and half to get an eReader they will completely own

wider bookz selection i mean

Amazon and barnes and noble both have huge selections. Not to mention you can grab just about anything from the Gutenberg project.

So excited to get my nook in a few weeks.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well i looked up like three books i wanted on amazon and they weren't there so feh

ack on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    huh... beck is saying shit that isn't retarded.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Obama Puts Brakes On Health Care Overhaul
    Well there goes that.

Of note:
    Brown, who campaigned against the proposed health care overhaul, said Wednesday that his election had sent a "very powerful message" that voters are weary of backroom deals and Washington business-as-usual. ... McCain said the message was clear: "No more business as usual in Washington. Stop this unsavory sausage-making process."

This actually hurts me to read.
    But really, democrats? Call them on their shit. Put this out in the open, grab Brown by the balls and find out what he wants to do better. Something like, "We're very happy to have Senator Brown here, coming from MA, he's been able to see firsthand how government can work to make sure everyone has access to health care. So, Senator, what will you do to make sure everyone in the country has health care?" Then rub his face in it so he HAS to do something. There. No backroom deals, and you'll end up with either a Republican who has to vote yes because he helped write the bill, or a Republican publicly humiliated for being a jackass.

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Really... REALLY...

The democrats need to grow the balls to look the Republicans in the eye and say "Fine... go ahead and filibuster." each and every time they threaten it.

The problem with the super-majority/filibuster thing is that they are letting them get away with the THREAT of a filibuster and not the actual thing. Make them put their mouth where their money is (to turn a phrase on it's head)... see if they can actually filibuster each and every little thing. See what people think when they are OBVIOUSLY grinding government to a halt.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Callius wrote: »
    Really... REALLY...

The democrats need to grow the balls to look the Republicans in the eye and say "Fine... go ahead and filibuster." each and every time they threaten it.

The problem with the super-majority/filibuster thing is that they are letting them get away with the THREAT of a filibuster and not the actual thing. Make them put their mouth where their money is (to turn a phrase on it's head)... see if they can actually filibuster each and every little thing. See what people think when they are OBVIOUSLY grinding government to a halt.

people really have to stop posting this, there is no way to do it and it wouldnt make a difference anyway

scrivenerjones on
This discussion has been closed.