As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Omegathon Prize

• Options
    BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hovercraft

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • Options
    xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NWC-1990-Nintendo-World-Championship-NES-cart-low-0083_W0QQitemZ140096771396QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Tis could possibly be used for the final game for the omegathon.

it's the holy grail of nintendo collecting. the nintendo world championship cartridge. Well, the gold one is the holy grail...

there's i think 90 of these in existance. It could also double as part of the prize along with...

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-ENTIRE-US-SUPER-NINTENDO-COLLECTION-COMPLETE_W0QQitemZ110102580135QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The entire SNES collection. We've seen entire NES collections, but this is the first time I've seen an SNES one.

Thoughts?

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, I like this one better. :P

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    ctishman wrote: »

...that's in my post...you did this in the other thread. Are you retarded or do you just not like to read entire posts?

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    MegapuppyMegapuppy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

...that's in my post...you did this in the other thread. Are you retarded or do you just not like to read entire posts?

Why did you make another thread about the omegathon prize?

Megapuppy on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Goddamn, man. You're dense as a fuckin' pulsar, aren't you? I even put a ":P" in there for you.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Goddamn, man. You're dense as a fuckin' pulsar, aren't you? I even put a ":P" in there for you.

No you're just being a dick. I mean, in the last thread. what was the point of you posting the same thing I did?

I didn't even see this thread when I made the other one, thats why.

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Eh, in the first thread I just didn't notice, but you went off on me for it, so I've decided to be a dick to you until I lose interest.

Also: A pulsar.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    gentlemen, gentlemen, let's settle this like civilized adults.....on the playground after school :)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Okay then! Lunch money it is! *flexes sad little nerd arms* AARRRRRRR!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    henners, grow a sense of humor it was funny

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Maybe the prize should just be a gift certificate. That would be easy and fun for everyone. Or a coupon book.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    QuizMaster wrote: »
    Maybe the prize should just be a gift certificate. That would be easy and fun for everyone. Or a coupon book.

that really would be great, but it just wouldn't be flashy. it certainly wouldn't be a cage full of nes stuff and alienware computers or a scion you could park out front and have next to the stage on final day. it's definitely gotta be something big worth showing off.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    merrymoocowmerrymoocow Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I want a pony.

^.^

This is the OMEGATHON Shoot for the moon! You want a unicorn!

No you want a unicorn that can fly!

merrymoocow on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I want a pony.

^.^

In space so you can go to the moon!

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LiveWireLiveWire Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The Omegathon Prize this year should be a weekend in mexio with Khoo.

LiveWire on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    I want a pony.

^.^

and a gun, so you can shoot it! (the moon, not the unicorn, although i'd probably want to kill the unicorn to drink its blood)

although, the weekend in mexio sounds pretty cool, too :P

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    RowdyTheDogRowdyTheDog Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    TNTrooper wrote:
    I want a pony.

^.^

That sounds pretty dangerous...you might also want some unicorn insurance...

RowdyTheDog on
  • Options
    mythicknightmythicknight Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm gonna try and enter Omegathon, but end up failing horribly first round.

mythicknight on
    And then she exploded...
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

I don't think you understand how it works. The omegathon is picked from a random selection of pre-registrants. You can't enter it, you are chosen.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

I don't think you understand how it works. The omegathon is picked from a random selection of pre-registrants. You can't enter it, you are chosen.

yeah, i'm the only one who's got a guaranteed spot ;)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »

He earned that spot in the bathroom stalls of Olivegarden.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

He earned that spot in the bathroom stalls of Olivegarden.

Wait... :winky:

::ponders::

Okay no.... nevermind....

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    :D i leave nasty surprises there

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    mythicknightmythicknight Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I knew about the random thing :P I meant if I got in. I'm hoping to be picked, becuase I pre-regged and it'd be cool too call myself an official Omeganaut, but at the same time I know for sure I have no chance of making it past the first two events.

Here's to the glass having too much water.

mythicknight on
    And then she exploded...
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I knew about the random thing :P I meant if I got in. I'm hoping to be picked, becuase I pre-regged and it'd be cool too call myself an official Omeganaut, but at the same time I know for sure I have no chance of making it past the first two events.

People think that they are going to lose far too often. Being negative never helped in competitions. just fyi. And I heard diceland is just about random anyhow.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

if you're a decent gamer, you'll do well. there seemed to be a lot of casuals last year, minimal competetition compared to my standards.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    And that one dude somehow managed to suck at tetris (pretty sure that was the last one).

Also the guitar hero battles where everybody refused to kick the difficulty up a notch all the way through.
    I mean, come on guys you're evenly matched so you can flounder together!

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    And that one dude somehow managed to suck at tetris (pretty sure that was the last one).

Also the guitar hero battles where everybody refused to kick the difficulty up a notch all the way through.
    I mean, come on guys you're evenly matched so you can flounder together!

I would play on hard anyway :)

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    yeah, even at medium, they sucked. although it certainly was better to have a mediocre performance on medium than an atrocious performance on hard. either way, shoulda been me up there, i'da shown them a thing or two!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I'd like to see 'Expert' level challenges incorporated into Beat the Pros.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So, I don't post super often anymore, but this is actually a topic where I can provide some insight.

Regarding Guitar Hero: We were specifically told not to take it above Medium. We weren't given a choice, so don't blame the other dudes for not kicking it higher. At the time, I was capable of rocking it on Expert on GH1. As I'm sure any regular Expert player knows, backing down to Medium is tricky - you have to NOT hit notes, which is difficult to adjust to. I know a few of the other guys up there were also Expert players, so they were having the same problem.

And to Viscount - I was the most negative, humble, pessimistic person in the competition, and I seemed to do alright. A little humility never hurt anyone ;)

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    As much as I love Guitar Hero and rhythm games in general, they just aren't that great of a spectator thing. Whereas fighting games and FPSes require you to adapt your strategy to your opponent to an extent based on the situation, there's really only one strategy in Guitar Hero. Hit notes.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    JoahW wrote: »
    As much as I love Guitar Hero and rhythm games in general, they just aren't that great of a spectator thing. Whereas fighting games and FPSes require you to adapt your strategy to your opponent to an extent based on the situation, there's really only one strategy in Guitar Hero. Hit notes.

I would rather see the pros and the players that think they are pro try GH on medium. They won't have the right notes memorized to death and the slower speed will throw off their timing on the song as well.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    JoahW wrote: »

I would rather see the pros and the players that think they are pro try GH on medium. They won't have the right notes memorized to death and the slower speed will throw off their timing on the song as well.

i play on expert. i don't have notes "memorized", but i drop it down to medium when my buddies come over to play and i 5 star the songs every time with mostly 100% notes hit. i don't see how it's hard, if you have a bit of rhythm.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    teamquigganteamquiggan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    thats why I don't think Guitar hero tournaments should be just points, I think there should be a tilt for style.

teamquiggan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    thats why I don't think Guitar hero tournaments should be just points, I think there should be a tilt for style.

i think there should be points for a specially modified guitar hero controller! a buddy of mine who's in a band and i were talking about acquiring a cheap fender guitar and modifying it without strings so that it worked as an actual gh controller, it's plenty doable, we just need to find one for cheap.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

i think there should be points for a specially modified guitar hero controller! a buddy of mine who's in a band and i were talking about acquiring a cheap fender guitar and modifying it without strings so that it worked as an actual gh controller, it's plenty doable, we just need to find one for cheap.

You mean something like this? ;-)

455671253_269174664d.jpg

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    ............remotely..... (trumped again!)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Now does it seem odd to me that I would want to do that with a guitar, but I would want to do that to a fender to spite gibson, but I wouldn't want to waste a fender like that and would rather waste a gibson?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
This discussion has been closed.