As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]

1575859606163»

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Dunxco wrote: »
    Immortality for myself would be my first choice.

You'd honestly want to outlive anyone you care about? And even if you find more people to care about, you'd outlive them, until the point where you live in complete solitude?

Well if human beings ever became immortal I would hope everyone had access to it.

But if I could be immortal even if I was the only one I would absolutely still do it. Friends aren't special people, you will always eventually lose friends and find new ones. It's the same way with a lover. There is no singular soul mate on the planet, there are potentially hundreds or thousands.

So yes, I would risk loneliness if I could live forever and be in a position to learn everything there was to know and to experience everything that existed. How amazing would it be to experience the end of the universe itself?

"So you're immortal?"

"Yep."

"And you've taken your ability to live forever to sit in your house and play WoW all day."

"I also eat cheetos."

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    If I became insane somehow I could always kill myself. And if I was too insane to realize I was insane and didn't want to kill myself then from my perspective there isn't a problem to begin with.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

You'd honestly want to outlive anyone you care about? And even if you find more people to care about, you'd outlive them, until the point where you live in complete solitude?

Well if human beings ever became immortal I would hope everyone had access to it.

But if I could be immortal even if I was the only one I would absolutely still do it. Friends aren't special people, you will always eventually lose friends and find new ones. It's the same way with a lover. There is no singular soul mate on the planet, there are potentially hundreds or thousands.

So yes, I would risk loneliness if I could live forever and be in a position to learn everything there was to know and to experience everything that existed. How amazing would it be to experience the end of the universe itself?

Then still hang around afterward in the nothingness? Actually, if you are immortal and have some mysterious infinite tap of energy inside of yourself, the universe wouldn't ever be able to end.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010

You'd do wise to think about the long run.

Earth is not eternal and our aspirations probably end here. You'd float around in space literally forever, with no escape.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    That's a nice one.

indeed.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

Then still hang around afterward in the nothingness? Actually, if you are immortal and have some mysterious infinite tap of energy inside of yourself, the universe wouldn't ever be able to end.

I would die with the universe. There wouldn't be anything for me to exist in, so despite being immortal I couldn't continue to exist.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    arguably, if the universe ended and didn't take you with it, wouldn't the universe still exist (not counting infinite bodily energy)?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    If I became insane somehow I could always kill myself. And if I was too insane to realize I was insane and didn't want to kill myself then from my perspective there isn't a problem to begin with.

You can't kill yourself, you're immortal.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2010
    Honk, made a thread, Honk.

215549963_L7s57-L-2.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.