As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Music YOU Make!

GecGec Registered User new member
edited January 2010 in Artist's Corner
Hey! Sorta new here. Definitely like all the artwork, but I'll make another thread for that some other time.

The reason I made this though was to share some music I made. But since there's no proper "Music" board here, I thought this was the most relevant place to post it. Here are a few songs you may like. But please, feel free to post any songs you have made here. Everyone is welcome to do so.

Beyon City

Prison Escape

Jungle Jazz 'n Jive

Rouge-WIP

8-Bit Mojo-WIP

Pressure-WIP

Ghost Aqua

Final Stand

Autumn Hills

New Day-WIP

Focused Energy

Ghost Officer-WIP

Mega Brother

Avalanche-WIP

Star Swinger-WIP

Gec on

• GecGec Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    I don't mean to double-post, but I'm a bit worried of the silent viewers. Unless I forgot to mention that you are welcome to critique or comment.

But maybe that's just me.

Gec on
  • FuzzFuzz Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'd like to post some stuff, I just need to get it off of my DS and iPhone.

Edit: will comment when I find my headphones.

Fuzz on
    edited January 2010
    My favorites are definitely Rogue and Mega Brother. A lot of it reminds me of the kind of music in Unreal Tournament, which is good, and at the same time you're covering a lot of different styles.

What are your influences and your musical background?

Also, what do you use to make music? And is it just for fun or do you use these tracks for something?

Fuzz on
  • GecGec Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    Fuzz wrote: »
    What are your influences and your musical background?

Also, what do you use to make music? And is it just for fun or do you use these tracks for something?

I don't have a particular genre I like, I mostly listen to a lot of video game music and a mixture of songs that have a good melody. I don't care much for popular music, but sometimes there are rare exceptions. I also have no formal education in music either. I don't even know how to read sheet music or play a guitar, but I enjoy composing music. I mostly do it for fun. I use a program called Logic Studio, but it's only for Macs.

Gec on
  • VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well, I'm currently in the studio with my main band, but meanwhile I do have a silly punk sideproject that I'm working on. Some rough mixes are of the first two tracks are available here, more will probably be added next week:

http://kindhest.bandcamp.com

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    I was trying to use Tindeck, but it only let me upload two things.. I didn't really read into it, but I'm guessing there are limited uploads?

Anyway, I'm more of a guitar player, but for funsies I mess around with apps on my iPhone or the Korg synth on the DS. These two were made from the Korg thingy..

"Counter"

"Happy Panda :)"

How much is the Logic Studio thing?

Fuzz on
  • GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Gec - I like your stuff.

My only real crit would be that the tracks are overly digital sounding for my tastes. They seem like once you've got your beat and key melody, then the other tracks and effects are just layed on top until it sounds 'busy'.

Not that it sounds bad but some the songs are making me think of the type of music which plays when you're in a menu on a racing or sports game. I think I like Prison Escape the best, as it had a darker vibe to it and the track felt like it had a bit more drama.

Keep it up though, it's decent sounding stuff.

---

Since the thread is for posting our own musical creations, I'll contribute. I played guitar and sang in a 3-piece punk band for a few years; we recorded a few records and toured a few times but eventually felt like we'd done all that we were going to do and moved onto other things.

Here's the record of an inactive band I play synth in. It's free to listen to or download:

http://eagleeye.bandcamp.com/

The idea behind the band was to do something heavy, repeatitive, and noisy. It was a fun band to play in.

My other music project was game-inspired heavy synth music:

http://www.myspace.com/pixelpixelpixel

I played live for a few years doing this stuff and had some completely bat-shit-crazy gigs but I have now retired. I'm currently going through all the tracks and compiling them into a record which will be released unto the Internet at some point.

I still play guitar every day and just make up songs for my own enjoyment. I plan to write and record and 50 song album, all the tracks of which are songs about my cat.

Grenn on
  • iglidanteiglidante Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've posted a thread before, but what the hell, I'll link here, since this thread was made for that purpose.

I'm a guitarist and singer. I produced an album about a year ago (my first). I've got a bunch of songs from it up at http://www.myspace.com/ianmarquis. People describe the sound as some sort of NIN / Type-O Negative hybrid.

iglidante on
  • Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Here's some stuff

A cover of 'Kids' by MGMT
    And a couple of badly recorded, not especially good, originals

Mr Bubbles on