As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] S4 League, the shooter by the dudes who made DJ MAX

EliminationElimination Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in MMO Extravaganza
I did not see a post for this at all sooo i made one!

screenshot_3.jpg

What it is: It is a fast paced 3rd person shooter that was originally Japan only until now. The graphics are excellent, you can level your character up, customize it with new weapons, hairstyles, clothing and accessories. The game is constantly being updated with new game types and items, it can also be ridiculously addictive. The game feels a little bit like Gungrave mixed with Jet Grind Radio and then put online for multiplayer. It really is fun and looks awesome. Also i advise to go into video card options and force anti-aliasing, this game doesnt have an option for it but it supports it and looks a lot nicer and still runs well.

The game is extremely arcadey and quite fast. You can use all kinds of guns as well as swords and strange devices that lock on and drain from people or heal people. You can also buy skills that allow you to do things like sprout big wings and fly up into the air and shoot from above ect. Really different.

Some nifty screen shots:
s4leaguefz2.jpg

s43zs9.jpg

gallery_772_5_11619.jpg

I am not sure if we can make clans in the game yet or anything like that, but that doesn't mean we cant start a group up and a team to play with! It is way more fun when you all have a group of good players on team.

Link to the official site: Right here!

Fastest download mirror is right here!

So lets do this!

Players so far:

Elimination /Forum: Elimination

Bendery /Forum: Bendery

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
Elimination on

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'll give it a shot. Not going to put my name on the list just yet in case I don't play.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Does it take a million billion bullets to kill someone? That kind of ruined Gunz for me.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Does it take a million billion bullets to kill someone? That kind of ruined Gunz for me.

No, and head shots are critical hits, this isnt Gunz its a lot better. You can one shot people with rail gun sniping if you get a head shot, two shots to the chest. The only thing with this game is the really strong guns take a lot of skill to use properly, but once you are good with them you can one shot people with crits and stuff and pretty much dominate.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    *seal of approval*

Ok, so I don't really have a seal of approval. Still, good you made a thread about this one, it has a lot of potential and it's one of those free games that you just can get back to whenever you feel like it and have fun with it.

I'll add this thread to my list before i forget. I may play this later once I finish/get bored with the games I'm currently playing.

Aldo on
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i would have played if it downloaded at speeds faster than 20kB/s and didnt stop downloading half way through.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Saban wrote: »
    i would have played if it downloaded at speeds faster than 20kB/s and didnt stop downloading half way through.

One sec i can fix that...Gamona is a lot faster download speed (I got 1.8mbs.) so just go here instead.

And Aldo has it about right, one of the best parts about it is you can leave it and go back to it later without having lost anything from doing so. It caters to people who want to be hardcore and those who want to play it every once and a while. The hardcore players still get cool looking characters but the items dont unbalance the game its still always pretty even. It really is about your skill with weapon combinations more than anything.

Also dont be discouraged about the amount of maps in the beginning of the game like i was...i noticed once you enter the non noob server section a giant wad of maps suddenly come into play that arent nearly so easy. The maps in the noobie section are just to sort of ween you into the game more than anything. Also Touchdown should be in every shooter, i am so addicted to touch down, its like football with guns and its so much fun.

Elimination on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I have a question: how come nobody ever fucking dies?

EDIT: Okay it seems that at random times people experience lag that makes the game virtually unplayable. If it happens tomorrow I'll wait until the servers smooth out.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I have a question: how come nobody ever fucking dies?

EDIT: Okay it seems that at random times people experience lag that makes the game virtually unplayable. If it happens tomorrow I'll wait until the servers smooth out.

Yeah the laggers have a red thing above their heads. Some people lag a lot, i never seem to lag at all i dunno. I havnt had too many experiences with bad lag or a ton of laggers on at once. But you cant really kill most of the really bad laggers and at the same time they cant hurt you or do anything useful when lagging a certain amount, the game wont let them.

Elimination on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    willing to give this a try, registered as Bendery

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    okay, it seems that the lag is pretty bad. I mean, you join a game of 6vs6 and you're lucky to be able to shoot 2 of em. Makes the touchdown game a little one sided. who ever has the lagger wins cause noone can shoot him and he can just run the ball.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Bendery wrote: »
    okay, it seems that the lag is pretty bad. I mean, you join a game of 6vs6 and you're lucky to be able to shoot 2 of em. Makes the touchdown game a little one sided. who ever has the lagger wins cause noone can shoot him and he can just run the ball.

Thats weird i never have experiences like this with large amounts of laggers. Also laggers cant take the ball...Lag is dependant on how far away you are from the host, this game hosts via peer to peer so it only happens if someone is really far from whoever is hosting it.

Elimination on
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Anyone still doing this?

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    fmz65 wrote: »
    Anyone still doing this?

I play it every now and then. The lag-invulnerability has been mostly fixed, from what I can tell, which was the game's greatest flaw IMO.

The community is absolute garbage though. I don't even bother talking when I do play.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well i started getting back into this one again. They have added -a lot- to the game now in terms of weapon types and maps. They (Finally!) added Clan support. It's really shaping up and i still think it is the highest quality online shooter offering for free.

Best part is is some of the items i got way back when i started are now worth a small fortune. Go team.

Elimination on
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Did they add more weapons that aren't just color variants?

Well I might come back, I left due to laggers just making games hell to play, can't shoot these 3 people, then it spazzes and I just end up dead.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yes, they added shotguns. Some kind of weird arm mounted machine gun. There are now 2 totally different variants of sniper, as well as "heal guns". There's a few new abilities like chain-down and invisibility. There's a pistol that has a decent fire rate and is accurate at close range, it also makes you move faster when equipped, but you lose a bit of fire power with it and its definitely not a spray and pray.

There are also a whole shitload of new clothing items, a new game type called Chaser, which is REALLY fun. There's several new maps for each other other game types. Chaser is really fun though, its basically co-op. One person is the "chaser" which is just a super buffed up guy with a bit of a speed boost, and a big boost to damage and health, and everyone else has to fight against this one big guy and either defeat him or survive for 60 seconds as a team. Even if you die to him, if your team survives you still "win" the round and get points. The winner is the individual with the highest number of points, which is tallied by how many kills you get as the chaser, as well as how many times you survive.

Elimination on
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Haven't seen the shotgun, the arm mounted rifle lets you use it to hit people, if you get people with it there is shit tons of knockback on it, also I hope they changed that automatic pistol cause thing was un-accurate as shit, and the run speed boost was crap.

You think its a good idea to use it when you grab the ball cause it drains your stamina, all yeah I'll be hauling ass, but you don't haul ass you just have a crapsicle.

also: All the mirrors went down, and you gotta get their download manager to get more the 10kbs

A download manager that won't even launch son of a bitch

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Haven't seen the shotgun, the arm mounted rifle lets you use it to hit people, if you get people with it there is shit tons of knockback on it, also I hope they changed that automatic pistol cause thing was un-accurate as shit, and the run speed boost was crap.

You think its a good idea to use it when you grab the ball cause it drains your stamina, all yeah I'll be hauling ass, but you don't haul ass you just have a crapsicle.

also: All the mirrors went down, and you gotta get their download manager to get more the 10kbs

Yeah that OP is from 08. I got OK download speed not using their downloader, but different people in different places and all that. (I got it off Gamershell.)

The Shotgun is cool, but totally situational. It's actually got a surprisingly long range, but of course the further you are from a target the wider the shot spreads, and therefor the damage is less focused. It does really good damage up close, and a head shot with it is basically death when you are within 8 feet or so and the full spread hits them dead on. It's also really great for breaking up groups of people that huddle together to try to own everyone, a few good sprays of buck shot usually makes them start leaping all over like retards.

I use it sometimes, other times i perfer the sword for close range. It's really a play style thing i guess, but it is a really great close quarters short range gun. You could feasibly use it combined with a sword or bat as well as maybe a sub machine gun, and just go to town on everything.

Elimination on