As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sweet Bro and Hella [Chat]

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    There is a restaurant here on the coast that cooks all of their meat on Big Green Eggs (really, really pricey charcoal grills. The best charcoal grills actually.) Their burgers and hotdogs are divine.

Ludious on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Rust wrote: »
    hot dogs are so terrible

Man what

They are awesome

mmmm natural casing

deadonthestreet on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Underthings....tumbling.

moniker on
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    moniker wrote: »
    Underthings....tumbling.

I love the air.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Underthings....tumbling.

I love the air.

with my freeze ray i will. . .

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    Seriously, though, Rust; are you a zombie or some sort of gollum that has gained consciousness and intelligence? Because that is the only way that your dislike of kielbasa makes any sense to me.

moniker on
    edited January 2010
    what the fuck is this sweet bro and hella jeff thing?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I WARNED YOU ABOUT STAIRS BRO!!!!

I TOLD YOU DOG!

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Seriously, though, Rust; are you a zombie or some sort of gollum that has gained consciousness and intelligence? Because that is the only way that your dislike of kielbasa makes any sense to me.

worse, i'm polish

kielbasa and pierogies are both anathema to me

Rust on
    edited January 2010
    Underthings....tumbling.

I love the air.

with my freeze ray i will. . .

Find the time to make you feel the feelings you were meant to feel.

moniker on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I have a theory that a lot of polish people like to hate/complain about any little thing.

Though this doesnt count me, Im like the opposite.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited January 2010
    Rust wrote: »

worse, i'm polish

kielbasa and pierogies are both anathema to me

But...pierogies are the best thing. The best thing!

Shit, now I'm going to have to find out if there's a Polish restaurant nearby my internship place next week.

moniker on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Hope for Haiti Now is on 18 HD stations here and 3 more non-HDs.

I laughed when I saw that CNN was broadcasting it and FOX was broadcasting Hannity.

JustinSane07 on
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    "where as indirectly as you can, you ask what i remember. I like these torture devices from my old best friend. Well I'll tell you what I know, like I swear I always would. I don't think it's gonna do you any good"

Jokerman on
    edited January 2010
    Hope for Haiti Now is on 18 HD stations here and 3 more non-HDs.

I laughed when I saw that CNN was broadcasting it and FOX was broadcasting Hannity.

With all due respect to the earthquake ravaged victims in Haiti, I really hate earmarked charitable donation drives. This is going to end up like the 9/11 victim's fund and the Tsunami one where there's going to be a huge pool of untouchable money at the Red Cross when the next disaster strikes. Why not just give them a lot of money generally and figure/expect that they put it to the best use possible for people in Haiti?

moniker on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I described it as what would happen if 4chan and YTMND had an autistic baby. I really think it fits.

Nocturne on
    edited January 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

I described it as what would happen if 4chan and YTMND had an autistic baby. I really think it fits.

i enjoyed 4chan and ytmnd.

this is hella lame.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    You are two wrong chaps.

I hate the both of you terribly much.

Nerdgasmic on
    edited January 2010
    Do you have to read a certain amount of MSPA for that to be funny then?

Because right now it is terrible.

Nocturne on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I always misread "Dance with Dragons" as "Dances with Dragons" and think it's the Avatar thread.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This is still one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/11/joaquin-phoenixs-bizarre_n_166229.html

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Polish people are awesome.

I used to teach English in London and learned a lot about different nationalities from their attitude to London & the English.

Everyone said, 'English people are so well-read! Back home we never read on the train/only read comics on the train/only read fashion magazines. But in England people read proper books on the train, all the time!'

And then the Poles replied, 'but their books are idiotic! They read Harry Potter, Dan Brown, and the latest middle-brow 'literature'. They do not read Dostoevsky, Proust, Joyce, Nabokov. They are completely un-intellectual!'

I tell you what, in my experience, the cleaners, bar-staff and baristas of London are a lot better-educated than the bankers and lawyers.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
    edited January 2010

You need to be re-born.

And then start life over again.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    This is still one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/11/joaquin-phoenixs-bizarre_n_166229.html

I remember seeing that on TV. It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Letterman is in on it to some minor degree but I don't think he realized quite how far it would go.

Donkey Kong on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Polish people are awesome.

I used to teach English in London and learned a lot about different nationalities from their attitude to London & the English.

Everyone said, 'English people are so well-read! Back home we never read on the train/only read comics on the train/only read fashion magazines. But in England people read proper books on the train, all the time!'

And then the Poles replied, 'but their books are idiotic! They read Harry Potter, Dan Brown, and the latest middle-brow 'literature'. They do not read Dostoevsky, Proust, Joyce, Nabokov. They are completely un-intellectual!'

I tell you what, in my experience, the cleaners, bar-staff and baristas of London are a lot better-educated than the bankers and lawyers.

Fuck that shit.

Polish women are fucking ffffiiiinnneeeeeeee.

JustinSane07 on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Please give to any other relief organization than the red cross. They use so much of that money for overhead it's ridiculous.

Ludious on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2010

Which one are you reading?

And how far have you gotten?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • NostregarNostregar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Have you guys seen this crazy shit?

http://www.ted.com/talks/pranav_mistry_the_thrilling_potential_of_sixthsense_technology.html

How did I never hear about this?

Nostregar on
    edited January 2010
    Will, what is boomer rock?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    Man he is going to land this plane on the Vegas strip.

How exciting!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    Please give to any other relief organization than the red cross. They use so much of that money for overhead it's ridiculous.

I do, I'm just saying that promoting 'Haiti' donations rather than 'aid' donations is counterproductive in the grand scheme of things. Whomever you give money to would be better equipped to help people if they just had a big pile of funds sitting around rather than only being able to draw from specific accounts, even if its all technically fungible.

moniker on
    edited January 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

Well the only MSPA I've read was the first part of Problem Sleuth. I don't know how far I got because I never finished it.

I found what I read of MSPA funny, I was just wondering if there's something in it that would make the Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff funny.

Nocturne on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nostregar wrote: »
    Have you guys seen this crazy shit?

http://www.ted.com/talks/pranav_mistry_the_thrilling_potential_of_sixthsense_technology.html

How did I never hear about this?

There was actually a whole thread about it about 2 months ago. Very cool, I really hope that it actually gets developed instead of disappearing into the ether like most awesome technologies.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited January 2010
    Ludious wrote: »

MSF. Direct Relief International.

Donkey Kong on
    edited January 2010
    I dont have a very high opinion of the red cross, but I can tell you that not many people who work in the emergency management field do

Ludious on
    edited January 2010
    I gave to Unicef.

I'm guessing they're better than Red Cross?

Nocturne on
    edited January 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Will, what is boomer rock?

rock music that baby boomers adore.

The who, the stones, the fuckin eagles and jimmy fucking buffet

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2010
    In all seriousness, Nocturne, it's not funny because of something that happens in Homestuck, and it's not funny because it's ironic. It's just a very silly comic involving bad art, bad writing, and bad humor.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man he is going to land this plane on the Vegas strip.

How exciting!
    Are you watching Con-Air?

Gorilla Salad on
  • Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Well the only MSPA I've read was the first part of Problem Sleuth. I don't know how far I got because I never finished it.

I found what I read of MSPA funny, I was just wondering if there's something in it that would make the Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff funny.

The current adventure, "Homestuck", puts Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff into context after a while.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
This discussion has been closed.