As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SMOG, a Victorian Fantasy now with pics

grim123grim123 Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Critical Failures
has any one heard of this?
From what I've been able to find it's a steam punk board game
looks cool but having things shipped from France in euros is expensive here's a post from another forum if anyone has bought any I'd like to get some idea about the quality of the figures.
wrote:
"Smart Max Cedric"product_1438828b.jpg
"Their appearance can be so deceptive that judging servants of the Dark Pharaoh by that criterion alone is a hazardous bet. Shamock the Great is undoubtedly among the worst..."

product_1438825b.jpg
"No one knows whether Shamock made the Box himself or received it as a gift from the Dark Pharaoh. Endowed with its own dark..."

product_1438867b.jpg
"Their extraterrestrial nature has made Mister Nail's kind the discovery of the century, even of the millennium. Doctor Watson has equiped him with mechanical prosthesis that..."

product_1438849b.jpg
"Persecuted by the Inquisition until the England denied catholicism, the Crowleys are fierce and cruel, expanding their power through terror. Worthy descendant of..."

product_1438850b.jpg
pdtimg_393568b.jpg
"Hidden within the depths of the ancient pyramids are mysteries that would better not be unveiled. The Canopic Beasts are among those...
oh and here's their store link http://www.smartmaxstore.com/smog-en.htm they have a forum but there's very little info about the game itself.

sorry my work blocks images so I wasn't able to tell that there were no pictures till now.

Aww nutsack.
steam_sig.png
grim123 on

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Never heard of it; BoardGameGeek doesn't have an entry for it yet, so I suspect it isn't anywhere near a finished form yet. The models are beautiful, but that doesn't really tell us anything about the game.

Darian on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The minis are currently in production, and the game itself hasn't yet been finished.
    From the forums:
    The game design is advancing pretty well. The game is to be released in April 2010 (presumably as that month's sole release).

In order to celebrate our 1st anniversary in business, Smog will be on sale at Salute 2010.

Smog will be a boardgame set in the dark streets of 1888 London.

The price of the game should be 45 to 50 €uros so you can start saving 1.50€ each week when going to the supermarket

Yours,

Cedric

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    What confuses me is that they have 6 miniatures listed for sale at 22.50-37.50 €

If the individual minis are that much, how can the game come in under 50? Unless those are just "optional" pieces and the game itself comes with cardboard stand-ups or somesuch.

Darian on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You can always make cardstock substitutes with a rules-set, it's simply not as cool-looking.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    huh... I figured the mini's would come with cards or rules or something.
    well guess I'll find out when they arrive. Ordered a couple from coolminiornot.com

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ok so the figs came today god I had no idea just how small 1/35th scale was. but they are very nicely sculpted.
    also the only thing that came in the package was the figures themselves no cards or rules pamphlet or anything.

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    grim123 wrote: »
    ok so the figs came today god I had no idea just how small 1/35th scale was. but they are very nicely sculpted.
    also the only thing that came in the package was the figures themselves no cards or rules pamphlet or anything.

That's what it was sounding like; post a picture with a quarter (or local equivalent) for reference?

Darian on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    grim123 wrote: »

That's what it was sounding like; post a picture with a quarter (or local equivalent) for reference?

see tiny
    majorquarter.jpg

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png