As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How often do you bathe?

• EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ferrus wrote: »
    There is a huge difference between BATHING and SHOWERING. Due to me being a poor, poor student I'm trying to save some water which means I have to cut back on the luxury of bathing. If my hair is greasy in the morning (which is more often than note the case because I have long hair), I just shower my head/armpits and be done with it. Thus, I don't see the problem in not washing your entire body every day. Every third day should also be fine. *shrugs*

... D:

Esh on
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    that is what i have always known as a hooker bath ferrus.

to the op- i shower every day when i am going out, every other day(ish) when i am at home for a few days in a row and don't smell.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
    edited January 2010
    Belruel wrote: »
    that is what i have always known as a hooker bath ferrus.

to the op- i shower every day when i am going out, every other day(ish) when i am at home for a few days in a row and don't smell.

Yeah, except he's skipping downstairs. That's a hooker I'd never want to be with.

Esh on
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    that's true, give the nethers a quick scrub too duder

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Esh wrote: »
    There is a huge difference between BATHING and SHOWERING. Due to me being a poor, poor student I'm trying to save some water which means I have to cut back on the luxury of bathing. If my hair is greasy in the morning (which is more often than note the case because I have long hair), I just shower my head/armpits and be done with it. Thus, I don't see the problem in not washing your entire body every day. Every third day should also be fine. *shrugs*

... D:

Every third day does look a little too few to me, but I will bet you ANYTHING that if you met him on his last day before the next shower you wouldn't even be able to tell he didn't wash, Esh. Anything.

EDIT: But yeah, don't skip downstairs.

Djiem on
    edited January 2010
    Belruel wrote: »
    that's true, give the nethers a quick scrub too duder

And while you're at it, spend an extra 60 seconds and wipe EVERYTHING DOWN. If you're in there, you might as well.

Esh on
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

... D:

If you find my way of washing bad, you should see some of my fellow students. Green/Hippie types. No showering at all.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Every day seems like too many showers for me. I always thought every other day was fine.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It depends on your body and your age.

I can't go more than 24 hours or else I go insane.

Jasconius on
  • UnderdogUnderdog Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Jasconius wrote: »
    It depends on your body and your age.

I can't go more than 24 hours or else I go insane.

I can't get into bed without a shower. Even if it's a five minuter to hit the crucial parts. Just feels sticky and dirty. Also, 20 year habit.

Underdog on
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Every day seems like too many showers for me. I always thought every other day was fine.

Yeah I usually shower every other day. But I'm not a very active person and the climate here is usually pretty cool. If I've been sweating at all since my last shower, or if I just feel ick and need to freshen up, I'll shower every day.

exis on
  • ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm probably around 5ish times per week. On the days I work out (3-4 times per week), it is essential. Aside from that I work a desk job and it is the dead ass of winter here, so there's not much to sweat about that isn't self induced. On days I don't work out, it's 50/50 if I feel I "need" one.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    in short: not showering every day isn't going to kill you but it's ENTIRELY dependent on whether not showering is noticeable

some people can go literally weeks without showering and you'd never know unless you were trying to get your sex on with them

shower as much as you feel you need to, but don't complain when other people tell you you're not showering enough

Raneados on
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah if you miss a day showering and someone comments on your funk it is generally a good sign that you should shower every day if you're going to be around other human beings and maybe dogs.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm not fully awake until I take a shower. It's a requirement. Body+hair everyday as well, but I'm a dude with relatively short hair so that's not a particularly big deal.

ASimPerson on
  • illigillig Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Djiem wrote: »

... D:

Every third day does look a little too few to me, but I will bet you ANYTHING that if you met him on his last day before the next shower you wouldn't even be able to tell he didn't wash, Esh. Anything.

you can't be serious... the dude smells like the homeless by the 3rd day... i will bet you ANYTHING (LOL, SEE?) that i could tell, from 10 ft away

:puke:

illig on
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    in short: not showering every day isn't going to kill you but it's ENTIRELY dependent on whether not showering is noticeable

some people can go literally weeks without showering and you'd never know unless you were trying to get your sex on with them

shower as much as you feel you need to, but don't complain when other people tell you you're not showering enough

you're not showering enough

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    For the first 20 years of my life, I showered every day. When I hit college, time was at a bit more of a premium and I had to deal with communal showers, so it went down to every two to three days. That rate has stuck with me through to adulthood, though I will still clean up daily if I'm feeling particularly grubby.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    I shower every day during the week. Weekends I usually skip Saturday, sometimes Sunday if I'm not feeling gross, but I find that showering really helps to wake me up and give me a little extra energy and drive. Obviously if I'm going out Saturday night or something, I'm also gonna shower before that, too.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Being from Ala-sofuckinghumidthatyoulosstwopoundswhenyouwalkoutyourdoor-bama, I shower twice a day. But I can't wash my hair with shampoo during the winter as it dries my head out and leaves big flasks like Goldmember for Austin Powers, and its ugly.

samurai6966 on
    edited January 2010
    illig wrote: »

... D:

you can't be serious... the dude smells like the homeless by the 3rd day... i will bet you ANYTHING (LOL, SEE?) that i could tell, from 10 ft away

:puke:

Ok, that's not actually true. Not everyone smells like the homeless by the 3rd day. You totally wouldn't be able to tell. Actually, I'll bet you run into people who didn't shower for one or two days all the time and don't notice.

Djiem on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hell, I've gone a whole week without showering before and nobody, not even people at work, had anything to say to me. I just don't sweat that much.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I have to shower every day, otherwise I my hair gets very greasy. Usually I have pretty wavy/curly hair but when I miss a day my hair sticks straight up and goes all straight and weird.

I also love showering and will usually sit in the shower for about 30 minutes

Dixon on
  • DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My hair gets greasy, so I try to shower every day or so. If I miss a day, it's really no big deal.

Demerdar on
    y6GGs3o.gif
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    this is fucking disgusting

why is this even up for debate

you shower every day or I fire you if I ever find myself to be your boss

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hell, I've gone a whole week without showering before and nobody, not even people at work, had anything to say to me. I just don't sweat that much.

it's likely that no one wanted to get close enough to you to say something to you, you silly goose
    personal hygiene is a rad thing, you know

i had a friend who thought the same you did
    "no one said anything and i havent showered in a week so its fine!"

then she came over when i was babysitting one night
    and the kids i was babysitting ran around yelling,

"EWWW STINKY FEET!!!"

ahh, the innocent.

mully on
    edited January 2010
    mully wrote: »

it's likely that no one wanted to get close enough to you to say something to you, you silly goose
    personal hygiene is a rad thing, you know

i had a friend who thought the same you did
    "no one said anything and i havent showered in a week so its fine!"

then she came over when i was babysitting one night
    and the kids i was babysitting ran around yelling,

"EWWW STINKY FEET!!!"

ahh, the innocent.

Fun fact: my feet always stink on account of me shoving them into nasty old climbing shoes every night.

Just sayin', I wasn't like rancid or anything. I try to shower once a day or every other day, though.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    I don't understand this whole idea that showering is a difficult thing that you try to do. It takes anywhere between five and twenty minutes, depending on how much of a hurry you're in. You really don't have that much time to spare? WAKE UP EARLIER

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • kaz67kaz67 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Twice a day during the week and once a day over the weekend. I don't know how strongly it is reflected in my appearance or smell, but I definitely feel different if I go a day without showering. I do tend to sweat quite a bit in my sleep though, so I suppose that could be part of it.

kaz67 on
    edited January 2010
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    I don't understand this whole idea that showering is a difficult thing that you try to do. It takes anywhere between five and twenty minutes, depending on how much of a hurry you're in. You really don't have that much time to spare? WAKE UP EARLIER

I have time, but I'm really lazy and dragging my ass into the shower isn't my favorite thing to do

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wow you have to be really really lazy not to shower.
    Do you also not shave because it's not worth the effort?

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
    edited January 2010
    Trillian wrote: »

Nah I shave every day and shower every day/every other day if I forget, but it's not like I want to all of the time.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited January 2010
    Trillian wrote: »

Nah I shave every day and shower every day/every other day if I forget, but it's not like I want to all of the time.

You disgusting pig!
    I bet your funk kills flowers and becomes visible to the naked eye once you spent 5 minutes without taking a shower!

Kazhiim wrote: »
    this is fucking disgusting

why is this even up for debate

you shower every day or I fire you if I ever find myself to be your boss

Meh, you wouldn't be able to tell anyway.

Djiem on
    edited January 2010
    And people wonder why there's a "stinky gamer" stereotype.

Esh on
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Yeah, and I always forget about that until I go to PAX. PAX is 50/50 for "stinky gamers".

mully on
    edited January 2010

Err, dude. Showering every other day won't make you stink.

Djiem on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Seriously. It's kind of disturbing how revolted some people get over going a single day without showering.

It's not like I don't brush my teeth, put on deodorant and apply some cologne just because I didn't hop in the shower one day.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
    edited January 2010
    Seriously. It's kind of disturbing how revolted some people get over going a single day without showering.

It's not like I don't brush my teeth, put on deodorant and apply some cologne just because I didn't hop in the shower one day.

You realize "covering up" the stink doesn't work. It just makes you smell like cologne and stench. This was a common tactic when I went to private school for some of the students. "I'll just spray on cologne to cover the smell of my dirty ass."

Yeah, not so much.

Esh on
    edited January 2010
    But there is no stink yet!

Djiem on
    edited January 2010
    But there is no stink yet!

This is what you think. :?

Seriously. You can take a quick rinse in the shower in five minutes. Why anyone ever skips this is beyond me.

Esh on