As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tootmania - Art Dump

TootmaniaTootmania Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Artist's Corner
WEWT! Art Dump! With the occasional comic, of course!

Here's a bit of what I've been doing during my absence!:

All work is ©copyright Kyle "Tootmania" Sorrell @ http://tootmania.com/

Made an "ABOUT" page for the site - Still undergoing some slight tweaking
__ABOUT___Page_by_Tootmania.jpg

I have no idea where this came from... I just made it on a whim:
Scoffe_le_Bou_by_Tootmania.jpg

Any and all feedback and criticism is most appreciated!

Tootmania on

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man that last shit is rad. The colors, the pose and those hands are all just too cool. Can't really figure out whats going on with the face but as a whole it rocks.

Also your characters profile image tore my H scroll a new one.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I really wish the last guys ear wasn't hovering and that his suit had nicer lapels and buttons but holyshit it is really badass, the pose and the hands are awesome. Really has a great sense of movement and BAM

Kochikens on
  • Options
    NicNic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    His nose is hovering too. The pose is fantastic!
    The room around him is boring though...
    Keep it up!

Nic on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I wish I had a super huge poster of this. I'd put it on my ceiling and stare at it as I fell asleep:

YOU____by_Tootmania.jpg

Tootmania on
  • Options
    FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    whoa me too, that's really awesome

Food on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    your 2nd image in the first post reminds me SO MUCH of chamba (lasticonz, i think, on deviantart.) definitely a good thing, as he's one of my favourite artists of all time. keep up the good work! love your clean lines.

mully on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thank's all for the feedback!

@ mully: Yeah, I got quite a bit of inspiration from him even before I started doing colored pics. I still check out his stuff from time to time!

Here's another pic, just for giggles:

A bit of an older pic though -
    Friendship____by_Tootmania.jpg

Also - VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS! It's actually somewhat relevant to what this whole site is about! Neato...

Tootmania on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Tootmania on
  • Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    wow, Where have I seen this before? I know I have run across your stuff in the outside world before.

Love the look and the color work. Sometimes a person's style can get in the way of being able to "read" what is going on in an illustration, and most of the time I find it annoying, but here it is charming. big o'l thumbs up from me.

Welcome to the forum!

brokecracker on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    wow, Where have I seen this before? I know I have run across your stuff in the outside world before.

Toot's been posting here for a few months...it's probable you ran into it here.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hey all! Just before I put up a new pic, I wanted to ask ya'll something.
    As you may have noticed, I "slightly" re-booted the comic, as I initially wanted to start it on January 1st of 2010, I didn't plan to start posting it in late 2009.

The cool thing about this slight reboot is that it can give me a chance to try a somewhat new appraoch to the comic! But I wanted ya'lls opinions on it though.

Okay - Should I continue doing full comic pages for each post, or should I go for a more "2-3-4-5-or-6" panel each update day kind of thing?

If doing only 2-6 panels for each update, it would:
    - Take less time for me to do each strip.
    - There would be literally almost NO chance of me falling behind again.
    - It would be easier to publish.
    - It would be easier for me to approach more "fleshed out" stories or "archs" and stuff.
    - You'd only be getting 2-4 panels each update day, sometimes 5-6 on special occasions.
    - It would give me more time to do other kinds of art, like full pictures and promotional type of stuff.
    - There would be slightly less awesomeness on each page.

OR I could continue doing full blown comic pages for each update, where in:
    - You'd get the usual 6-12 or however many panels each update.
    - More awesomeness on each page.
    - Somewhat greater chance of me missing update days.
    - More work on my part.
    - More difficult to publish, etc, etc...

So yeah... Just curious about what ya'll think!

Here's something purty just to help liven things up!:

Profile___Tro_by_Tootmania.jpg
    Profile___Lo_by_Tootmania.jpg
    Profile___Sir_Cuhls_by_Tootmania.jpg
    Profile___Potta_Potta_Potta_by_Tootmania.png
    Profile___Adil_and_Circle_by_Tootmania.jpg
    Profile___Doom_A_Looms_by_Tootmania.jpg
    Profile___Tootmania_by_Tootmania.jpg
    Profile___Smiley_Faces_by_Tootmania.jpg
    VV_CCC_Tribute_by_Tootmania.jpg
    Sonical_Gift____by_Tootmania.jpg

Tootmania on
  • Options
    Agent ColemanAgent Coleman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You're going to be doing / are doing 3 update days a week? If you're going to do the full page ones you might want to cut down to a lower number of updates? That way you wouldn't be as prone to missing an update.

Also you could always do a mix of the two, say, do a full page once every 2 weeks or so.

Agent Coleman on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You're going to be doing / are doing 3 update days a week? If you're going to do the full page ones you might want to cut down to a lower number of updates? That way you wouldn't be as prone to missing an update.

Also you could always do a mix of the two, say, do a full page once every 2 weeks or so.

That's a good idea! Every other week or so I could do a "full-blown" page! Like a special comic thing, and the rest would be regular 2-4 panel days. Hmm...

Though, I do want to update at least 2 or 3 times a week. Once a week just isn't enough, to me at least. I'd like to do 2 or 3 times a week so that after a years time I'd have a good number of strips, and it would also be easier to get ahead, and save up a decent amount of extra or "back up" strips. Which I could sell in books and stuff, along with other things.

Not a bad idea, indeed!

Tootmania on