As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super[chat]

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    29leh61.jpg

I have never seen one of these! amazing

skippydumptruck on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    moniker wrote: »
    actually matt

IL is getting fucked too

what gives? you guys have corn

We also have an urban hellhole. And urban hellholes must be punished.

the other midwestern states look mistrustfully at you city folk

y'all don't do your fair share at the barnraisin'

That's because we paid for the damn barn.

Hopefully things will change now that we've got the Majority Whip and President. It's just too bad we lost the Speakership.

moniker on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I love being a demoman.

This is MY United States of KABOOM!

are you playing?

I might play after dinner

I really need an alert system for when friends are playing TF2 but I'm away from the computer. I'm planning to eat dinner and watch some Babylon 5 soon, but I'd drop it in an instant if you hopped onto TF2.

Silas Brown on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    actually matt

IL is getting fucked too

yessss we live in tiny residences, pay ridiculous amounts for necessities like food, shelter and parking, take public transportation and then pay disproportionately high taxes to support our lazy, ignorant country-mouse brethren.

I can see why they are sensitive.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    actually matt

IL is getting fucked too

yessss we live in tiny residences, pay ridiculous amounts for necessities like food, take public transportation and then pay disproportionately high taxes to support our lazy, ignorant country-mouse brethren.

Jesus. That sounds just like Juneau.

Silas Brown on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It really didn't hit me that I actually lived in Chicago until I saw bright orange AFL-CIO stickers on light poles right before some election with "HOFFA" on them.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    I love being a demoman.

are you playing?

I really need an alert system for when friends are playing TF2 but I'm away from the computer. I'm planning to eat dinner and watch some Babylon 5 soon, but I'd drop it in an instant if you hopped onto TF2.
    Try this addon:
    2v3sweb.png

Nerdgasmic on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    I wish Pants on the Ground guy would die. Once I found out the Vikings were using his song as a rallying cry I was wishing he'd get Super AIDS.

Jimmy Fallon's Neil Young is amazing

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Alaska should really be it's own nation, it shouldn't have to support all of the other nanny states.

There are only 2 other states that get more free money than you.

Hell, you get paid cash money just for living there.

moniker on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I love being a demoman.

are you playing?

okay! I will try to be on in about an hour

skippydumptruck on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    I wish Pants on the Ground guy would die. Once I found out the Vikings were using his song as a rallying cry I was wishing he'd get Super AIDS.

The problem is that Neil Young is not amazing.

JustinSane07 on
    edited January 2010
    actually matt

IL is getting fucked too

yessss we live in tiny residences, pay ridiculous amounts for necessities like food, take public transportation and then pay disproportionately high taxes to support our lazy, ignorant country-mouse brethren.

Jesus. That sounds just like Juneau.

Also we work like 50-60 hour weeks generally. Probably more than are required at the feed store.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    29leh61.jpg

I have never seen one of these! amazing

A vending machine?

Sarksus on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cinders wrote: »
    To your first, you are delusional if you think most of the states in the south take in more than any other state in the US. To your second, no Tea Party rejects opposition to military spending because they know that the military is what's keeping us safe, not throwing money and politically correct crap like public busing or environmentally-safe products.

Oh god.

Where did this come from?

Do we have a downs syndrome forum that I am unaware of somewhere?
    Hmmm, I'm thinking about joining the Tea Party movement.
    Why would my friend text me this?

I got this from my friend two days ago. I thought he was joking at first, but then he kept going till about 5 minutes ago.

On one hand, I'm pissed at him right now.

On the other, I'm really glad he's not insane.

Cinders on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2010
    I hate that the amount of money I make so tightly limits what hobbies I can practice

Organichu on
    edited January 2010
    It really didn't hit me that I actually lived in Chicago until I saw bright orange AFL-CIO stickers on light poles right before some election with "HOFFA" on them.

Hoffa/JFK 2010!

moniker on
    edited January 2010

The problem is that Neil Young is not amazing.

Eh he is pretty good. Harvest was an iconic album and Harvest Moon like 20 years later was pretty great also.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2010
    I love being a demoman.

are you playing?

okay! I will try to be on in about an hour

Alright. I'm gonna grab some dinner. Send me a message on Steam, I'll try to be around.

Silas Brown on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Neil Young is amazing.

such anger around these parts about such stupid shit. reminds me of my cousin. people need to chill the fuck out it's disconcerting.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Neil Young is the anti-amazing.

JustinSane07 on
    edited January 2010
    Matt, you Winky and I should get together for drinks or something sometime.

moniker on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

A vending machine?
    Tobacco.

They are not legal in a lot of places now.

deadonthestreet on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    I hate that the amount of money I make so tightly limits what hobbies I can practice

Yeah, it must suck not being able to swim around in a giant vault of gold coins.

Ludious on
    edited January 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    Neil Young is amazing.

such anger around these parts about such stupid shit. reminds me of my cousin. people need to chill the fuck out it's disconcerting.

Your cousin takes after your grandfather, doesn't he?

moniker on
    edited January 2010
    Harold Ford's editorial in the NYT today is just pants-on-head retarded. Yes Harold, let's eliminate the ability of insurance companies to deny coverage based on pre-existing conditions but not institute a mandate. No one would think of declining health insurance until they are diagnosed with a terrible and expensive illness.

Apparently Tennessee isn't really big on high-quality education.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

I want to attend classy plays and opera.

I could afford to do so maybe once a year.

Incenjucar on
    edited January 2010
    Ludious wrote: »

Yeah, it must suck not being able to swim around in a giant vault of gold coins.

Even more basic stuff!

Lessons in various things, for example.

Or supplies for certain hobbies.

I don't need to like, para-glide from mountains or anything, while wearing a solid gold butt plug.

Organichu on
    edited January 2010
    Harold Ford's editorial in the NYT today is just pants-on-head retarded. Yes Harold, let's eliminate the ability of insurance companies to deny coverage based on pre-existing conditions but not institute a mandate. No one would think of declining health insurance until they are diagnosed with a terrible and expensive illness.

Wait, he's seriously running? I thought he just got the signatures in order to pull a massive April Fool's Day joke.

moniker on
    edited January 2010
    Neil Young is amazing.

Neil Young has been hit-or-miss, but that is all right. That "rockin in the free world" think I could do without but like i said, Harvest is just incredible.

Who is angry around here. Is it me? Am I the irrationally angry one Var?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Even more basic stuff!

I don't need to like, para-glide from mountains or anything, while wearing a solid gold butt plug.

It is a pretty sweet hobby.

Shame there are no mountains around here.

Cinders on
    edited January 2010
    Neil Young is amazing.

Your cousin takes after your grandfather, doesn't he?

haha, I never knew my grandfather. story and a half there.

Variable on
    edited January 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »

It sucks how expensive orchestral seating is. I would totally love to go to the CSO on a date, but it would be several times the price of dinner and a movie alone, let alone eating at someplace other than a hot dog cart beforehand.

moniker on
    edited January 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »

You can go to good theatre and symphonic concerts for pretty cheap most places if it is something you are actually dedicated to doing. It is not necessarily the monocle-and-topcoat crowd sorts of events but performances of equal calibre can be had if you look around a little.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2010

Wait, he's seriously running? I thought he just got the signatures in order to pull a massive April Fool's Day joke.

Well he is testing the waters at least to the point where he feels the need to place an idiotic editorial in the NYT.

Seriously that thing is just embarrassing harold ford.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2010
    Neil Young is amazing.

Neil Young has been hit-or-miss, but that is all right. That "rockin in the free world" think I could do without but like i said, Harvest is just incredible.

Who is angry around here. Is it me? Am I the irrationally angry one Var?

no it's not you! it's not even most people here or anything, it's just something that bugs me. and maybe that makes me just as bad I dunno.

also, yeah I'm more talking about older Young I haven't heard much of his recent stuff. but he put out at least 2 all time amazing albums.

Variable on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I haven't really watched Conan since becoming an adult with a real job but I am very sad he's not on Television now.

Ludious on
    edited January 2010

Well he is testing the waters at least to the point where he feels the need to place an idiotic editorial in the NYT.

Seriously that thing is just embarrassing harold ford.

Is there a word for when a Southerner carpet bags Yankees?

moniker on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    I bet his parents named him so because they thought it would be so funny if his named rhymed with Gerald Ford's.

Nerdgasmic on
    edited January 2010
    I don't have enough $ to buy enough ammunition to shoot as much as I'd like.

I'd really like to take more piano lessons but I can't really afford.

I wanted to try seriously using a bike as a means of getting around but I don't have $.

Lots more.

I don't need to extravagantly vacation to various places or anything, just get interested in more stuff, maybe to help make more friends.

But $.

Sigh.

Organichu on
    edited January 2010

Even more basic stuff!

It is a pretty sweet hobby.

Shame there are no mountains around here.

You probably have a mail-order gold buttplug rather than a bespoke.

You cheap bastard. You will never know true joy.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.