As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super[chat]

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    YxWEx.jpg

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    if anyone moves to Jersey I can get you cheap or free tickets to anything at the NJPAC all the time.

but you have to come to Jersey

so

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That hedgehog is making sweet love to that playskool truck

Ludious on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    moniker wrote: »
    Matt, you Winky and I should get together for drinks or something sometime.

and me

I like all three of you guys

skippydumptruck on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    I don't have enough $ to buy enough ammunition to shoot as much as I'd like.

I'd really like to take more piano lessons but I can't really afford.

I wanted to try seriously using a bike as a means of getting around but I don't have $.

Lots more.

I don't need to extravagantly vacation to various places or anything, just get interested in more stuff, maybe to help make more friends.

But $.

Sigh.

Get away from shooting bullets to shooting arrows. Then you can just go collect them afterward and shoot 'em again.

moniker on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    I haven't really watched Conan since becoming an adult with a real job but I am very sad he's not on Television now.

Yeah I am the same way but that is the basic problem. People who watch TV from 9 until they drop off at midnight are generally the kind of people who like Leno's brand of not-really-humor. People who prefer Conan are generally the younger crowd and catch their TV, if they do, on tivo or hulu or something.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2010

and me

Yeah, but you're not in Chicago so it'd probably be more difficult as far as logistics are concerned.

moniker on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Aww, my [chat]s reign finally came to an end.

Btw, will, <3

Inquisitor on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    You can go to good theatre and symphonic concerts for pretty cheap most places if it is something you are actually dedicated to doing. It is not necessarily the monocle-and-topcoat crowd sorts of events but performances of equal calibre can be had if you look around a little.

A lot of it is that, since I have zero background in it, it's going to take a lot of work to find the venues that are cheap but don't make me want to burn the place down.

I'd be happy to show up in a hoodie but the TYPE of things I want to enjoy are very monocle-styled. Ancient dramas and such.

Making a list of places is on my list of shit to do.

Now that I finally have bought a goddamn futon it is getting closer to the top of the list.

Incenjucar on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    i love police
    PITTSBURGH -- The photos taken by Jordan Miles' mother show his face covered with raw, red bruises, his cheek and lip swollen, his right eye swollen shut. A bald spot mars the long black dreadlocks where the 18-year-old violist says police tore them from his head.

Now, 10 days after plainclothes officers stopped him on a street and arrested him after a struggle that they say revealed a soda bottle under his coat, not the gun they suspected, his right eye is still slightly swollen and bloodshot. His head is shaved. The three white officers who arrested him have been reassigned. And his mother says she is considering a lawsuit.

"I feel that my son was racially profiled," Terez Miles said. "It's a rough neighborhood; it was after dark. ... They assumed he was up to no good because he's black. My son, he knows nothing about the streets at all. He's had a very sheltered life, he's very quiet, he doesn't know police officers sit in cars and stalk people like that."

A judge continued the case until Feb. 18 after the officers failed to appear at a hearing Thursday, Miles' attorney, Kerrington Lewis, said.

The police department is saying little as it investigates and isn't releasing the officers' names. Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl said that the city is investigating whether the officers' actions were justified and that if they weren't, "they will be held accountable for those actions."

"The incident was very troubling to me, and we're taking it very seriously," Ravenstahl told reporters. "It seems as if there was a tremendous amount of force used."

Miles' family describes him as a studious teenager who plays the viola for a jazz band and the orchestra at Pittsburgh's prestigious Creative and Performing Arts High School.

The confrontation began around 11 p.m. Jan. 12, when the teenager walked out of his mother's home and headed to his grandmother's, where he spends most nights. His mother complimented him on the new jacket he had gotten for his birthday.

"It looks handsome," she said, smiling as he walked down the front steps.

As Miles walked up the block, he noticed three men sitting in a white car, "but I thought nothing of it," he said.

The criminal complaint says Miles was standing against a building "as if he was trying to avoid being seen." But he says he was walking when the men jumped out of the car.

"Where's the money?" one shouted, according to Miles. "Where's the gun? Where's the drugs?" the other two said. "It was intimidating; I thought I was going to be robbed," Miles said.

That's when he says he took off back to his mother's house but slipped on the icy sidewalk. Before he could pull himself up, Miles said, the men were at his back.

"That's when they started beating me, punching, kicking me, choking me," he said.

Not until 15 minutes later, when uniformed officers drove up in a van and Miles overheard their conversation, did he realize he had been arrested, he said. Initially, when the handcuffs were clamped around his wrists, he thought he was being abducted, he said.

The police believed Miles, who appeared to have something heavy in his pocket, was carrying a gun, according to the affidavit. The police say they used a stun gun on the teenager.

According to the affidavit, the object in Miles' pocket turned out to be a bottle of Mountain Dew. But Miles says he didn't have anything in his pocket and rarely drinks Mountain Dew.

"The story just doesn't make sense when you read the affidavit," said Lewis, the teen's attorney.

Miles said the family is considering suing the police department and the officers.

"I knew that he hadn't done anything wrong," his mother said. "That's just not an option for Jordan."

Pittsburgh police have reassigned the three officers and put them back in uniform while the city investigates, spokeswoman Diane Richard said. She declined to say whether racial allegations are part of the probe.

Meanwhile, Jordan Miles says he awaits a physician's approval to return to school and is suffering from nightmares and flashbacks.

Once he's done with school, he says, he hopes to attend Penn State University - and study crime scene investigation.

and here's a fun quote
    Question: Did you beat people up who you arrested?

Answer: No. We’d just beat people in general. If they’re on the street, hanging around drug locations. It was a show of force.

Question: Why were these beatings done?

Answer: To show who was in charge. We were in charge, the police.

i'd post the picture of the student's face but frankly it's kind of NSFW

Rust on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    YxWEx.jpg

I bet they are horrible pets.

They are too small and cute not to be horrible pets. They probably carry leprosy, poop on the floor, squirt musk glands everywhere and like chew off your nose in your sleep.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Jon Voight is in Mass Effect 2?!

OMG I MUST HAVE!

JustinSane07 on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

and me

Yeah, but you're not in Chicago so it'd probably be more difficult as far as logistics are concerned.
    I'd be up for that. And skippy might be moving to Iowa so there's hope yet.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited January 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Aww, my [chat]s reign finally came to an end.

Btw, will, <3

You did the right thing quizzy

you made a chat for the ages

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    You can go to good theatre and symphonic concerts for pretty cheap most places if it is something you are actually dedicated to doing. It is not necessarily the monocle-and-topcoat crowd sorts of events but performances of equal calibre can be had if you look around a little.

A lot of it is that, since I have zero background in it, it's going to take a lot of work to find the venues that are cheap but don't make me want to burn the place down.

I'd be happy to show up in a hoodie but the TYPE of things I want to enjoy are very monocle-styled. Ancient dramas and such.

There are probably some free events every now and again. There's the 'Day of Music' here, plus a lot of stuff in Millenium Park during the summer. Plus Ravinia, which isn't free but its generally cheaper than even the nosebleeds at symphony center.

moniker on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You probably have a mail-order gold buttplug rather than a bespoke.

You cheap bastard. You will never know true joy.

:cry: It's true.

Cinders on
    edited January 2010
    oh... shit I don't know why but I thought ME2 was further away. no chance of beating the first before it arrives.

should I get a summary? or wait to start 2? fuck.

Variable on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    There are probably some free events every now and again. There's the 'Day of Music' here, plus a lot of stuff in Millenium Park during the summer. Plus Ravinia, which isn't free but its generally cheaper than even the nosebleeds at symphony center.

Yeah, can't wait for the summer music season in general.

Incenjucar on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Rust wrote: »
    Pittsburgh police have reassigned the three officers and put them back in uniform

And that is why people like me hate the police.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited January 2010

OMG I MUST HAVE!

I hate jon voight so much

he is an awful person

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010

OMG I MUST HAVE!

he is an awful person

You're an awful person.

Jon Voight is awesome. he gave us Angelina Jolie.

JustinSane07 on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That commercial did not make me want to play mass effect 2

deadonthestreet on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    oh... shit I don't know why but I thought ME2 was further away. no chance of beating the first before it arrives.

Are you going to turn into a pumpkin if you don't start playing ME2 on release day?

Nova_C on
    edited January 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Pittsburgh police have reassigned the three officers and put them back in uniform

For me its that and using a 5 pointed star. The city's flag uses 6 pointed stars, and shields look better regardless. What the hell, buddy?

At least they still have the checkerboard pattern on their hats like Bobbies.

moniker on
    edited January 2010

OMG I MUST HAVE!

he is an awful person

You're an awful person.

Jon Voight is awesome. he gave us Angelina Jolie.

I don't really think much of Angelina Jolie either but she is not nearly as horrible as Jon Voight

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    dang I really want mass effect 2

but I really want bioshock 2

Casual Eddy on
    edited January 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »

I didn't know you were a black guy raiden.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Voight is just a crazy old man. Angelina Jolie is crazy as hell too. I bet she goes psycho stalker when a relationship ends. Like she and Brad Pitt are getting divorced, I bet she is like standing outside his window cutting herself or some shit.

Ludious on
    edited January 2010

you could just go without food for a few days and get both eddy

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited January 2010
    Voight is just a crazy old man. Angelina Jolie is crazy as hell too. I bet she goes psycho stalker when a relationship ends. Like she and Brad Pitt are getting divorced, I bet she is like standing outside his window cutting herself or some shit.

Who adopts like 12 kids within like two years? Like what part of your brain has to be broken to do that?

I would bet if she did not have so much money she would have a house full of like fifty cats

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Did the chat get more horrible?

oh

hi will

nexuscrawler on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    john it's up to you but the first is a really good game so...

also if you don't do any of the side quests you can beat the main game in like 10 hours i'd wager

that's not too much!

MikeMan on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

My job is playing a commercial for bioshock 2 on the tvs every 5 minutes.

It looks pretty.

Cinders on
    edited January 2010

and me

'cism

skippydumptruck on
    edited January 2010

Who adopts like 12 kids within like two years? Like what part of your brain has to be broken to do that?

I would bet if she did not have so much money she would have a house full of like fifty cats

and she'd go to anime cons, sleep with boys with less self esteem than her, and when she's dumped after giving them a huge ego boost, stalk them and claim to be carrying their love child..while she cuts herself and cries about her daddy issues

Ludious on
    edited January 2010
    That commercial did not make me want to play mass effect 2

it was like an hour long

skippydumptruck on
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I think at least part of it is because she has so much money. If she hadn't become famous, she wouldn't have had as much of a reason to be fucked up. Paparazzi + fame + money + trying to create an image can make people become (or at least seem) completely psycho.

Solomaxwell6 on
    edited January 2010
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »

Are you going to turn into a pumpkin if you don't start playing ME2 on release day?

well I pre ordered it and everyone is gonna be talking about it is all.

no, not a pumpkin :P

Variable on
    edited January 2010
    They're not actually married. He's just knocked her up 3 times.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    the hedgehog talk makes me realize skippy is lazy

he used the second hedgehog pic in GIS

nexuscrawler on
This discussion has been closed.