As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Alaska -> PAX '06

CogliostroCogliostro Marginal OpinionsSpring, TXRegistered User regular
edited September 2005 in PAX Archive
Okay, I want to go to PAX next year and I plan on driving or taking the ferry.

Any other Alaskans in here interested in sharing the trip? The ferry will probably be cheaper than driving the gas prices being what they are going to be next year.

I live in Soldotna. We can meet somewhere or I can pick you up. We take the ferry from Seward (or is it Whittier now?) all the way to Bellingham, WA.

It costs a little more than flying but we'll have a vehicle when we get there and we can have fun. :)

A little early I know, but I'm just throwing this out there.

Cogliostro on

• Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2005
    oi oi, Zenbu here, and next time I will go as well, although I didn't think of the ferry idea.

Drop a line at zenbuu@gmail.com if you wanna plan further, when the time comes. I'm trying to get my roommates to go next time as well, so we'll probably have more planning to do.

I saw some other alaskan's there as well, from the eagle river/chugiak area, but didn't bother to make communication, as I was busy and what not.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    you guys should talk to the canadians, who are also aranging a trip from the westside down to pax.

Shade on
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2005
    This might actually be a good idea, then. Why dont' they meet us at Prince Rupert or something and they can hop the ferry down to Bellingham with us! :O

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    PCST! (Pacific Coast Super Trip!) Sounds like fun!

Oh yeah, and having a car at PAX is indeed the proverbial shit.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    Trent{TS}Trent{TS} Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I had a group of 4, but we flew down and stayed with a fellow {TS}'er. As it works out, if the Con is actually held at the proposed new location, we'll be within stumbling distance.

Wouldn't mind meeting some other people from AK though.

Trent{TS} on
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Bumpty-bum! (Trashcan Man Aura)

What would you guys think about our own little gathering up here - say in Anchorage or something? :)

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    MomGamerMomGamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    I live in Soldotna. We can meet somewhere or I can pick you up. We take the ferry from Seward (or is it Whittier now?) all the way to Bellingham, WA.

I gotta ask, dude. I grew up in Soldotna. If you don't mind telling me who you are, I'm totally curious. You could also email me at mszilla@hotmail.com if you don't want to plaster it here.

MomGamer on
    I think being sucked into a black hole would bring people closer, but it won't help us like each other more. - Mobo